PDA

View Full Version : Stealth, PM Me If Interested

Sid_Vicious
02-07-2003, 08:04 AM
Ok I've blown off the cob webs from the Stealth I got through Scott a few months ago and decided that, even if it is supposed to be the greatese jumper, I'm selling it. It looks new,,,personal message me if you have any interest...sid

eg8r
02-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Hey now, I think my Bunjee is the best in the whole entire universe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Fred Agnir
02-07-2003, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Ok I've blown off the cob webs from the Stealth I got through Scott a few months ago and decided that, even if it is supposed to be the greatese jumper, I'm selling it. It looks new,,,personal message me if you have any interest...sid <hr /></blockquote>
Why is it collecting dust?

bluewolf
02-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Sid. Fess up. What did you not like about the stealth?

blu

Sid_Vicious
02-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Well, the Lucasi just has kept my personal attention, and I trust it to do all I need at any moment. The Stealth was touted as being "the jumper", and being a billiard supply nut I HAD to have that advantage, plus Scott was asking a super price. It merely never worked for me, I dunno why. In a short time, I found that I left it at home all packed away, never seeing any action. Maybe my body frame isn't right, or maybe I've grown around the Lucasi...sid

SPetty
02-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi Sid,

I can't believe you didn't give me "first dibs" on it. You know I own the only bungee jumper that's defective and doesn't work! Surely a different jumper will work much better... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-07-2003, 05:37 PM
After seeing eg8r make his Bungee jump, I'd have to see about working yours with more technique. You are more than welcome to try my Stealth anytime we know we'll be at the same place with a pool table. I'll have to let Spiderman jump with it also, since he loves the Frog I sold him, and that Frog was definitely a non-performer for me. The common denominator in these JCs not working is me.

Next time we both know we're going to show up at the same place, I'll pack the Stealth(if I still have it), and the Lucasi for a jumpfest. I'd be interested to try your Bungee also, and maybe Spiderman will have his Frog there as well.

I tried a bungee belonging to a fellow league player a few weeks back and it pounced pretty darn good. Maybe we just need to "tame" yours a little. BUT, if my Stealth works for you automatically, I'm not biased as far as who get it, we'll deal...sid

Rod
02-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Oh great, a bunch of jumping Texans! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sid I tried the Frog years ago and it worked pretty good. I've always been to cheap to buy one, the reason for my cut off McDermott. It jumps pretty good to, and it is light. A fellow up here has a unique jump cue. It is two flat faced pool shafts screwed together. It has two tips. I presume with an aluminum screw in between but it could be steel. He jumps full balls at a very close distance.

Sid_Vicious
02-07-2003, 06:38 PM
"It is two flat faced pool shafts screwed together."

A local cue builder has one like that! I understand that he does some amazingly close jumps with his as well, but he did admit to me that his accuracy only came by using the more fundamentally built JCs. That custom dual shaft dude fizzled quickly in aim once the CB came down on the cloth...sid

Sid_Vicious
02-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey what's your mood going to be like for people jumping on the new simonas cloth? You can trust people not to tear alright, but those little white marks will still be there. I gave into mine almost immediately,,,what'cha goin' to do with yours???sid

Ralph S.
02-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Sid, I cant believe you are having trouble with the Stealth. I too, also bought one and I absolutely love its performance. I had also bought one of those Frog series jump rods by Robin Dodson. This particular one was called the Tadpole. It jumped a ton at first, but was soon in the trash can as the quality wasnt for you know what. The damned thing fell apart at the ferrule. I definitely wont get another of them. I do like the Stealth and feel it performs as advertised.
Ralph S.

Sid_Vicious
02-08-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm not bucking against the "big boys'" opinions, that's why I bought it untried. It just so happens that the current JC I owned at the time is still seeingly customized(for me, a production cue mind you) for the work I need it to do. It and I just fit, what can I say. I'm sure all of you hopsters with good luck using the Stealth are genuine in your feelings, it just ain't for me for some reason. BUT it won't kill me if I end up with it after all is said and done...maybe I'll finally spend the Jackson for the Lucasi tip and have it installed on the Stealth just to be certain I've covered all the variables...sid

SpiderMan
02-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Rod, I made myself one of those a couple of years ago. I had an old junk shaft from a POS cue, and I wanted a jump cue, so I cut the shaft off to about 12" and put a screw in it to make one of my play shafts into a legal jumper. Then Sid showed up and sold me his frog, so the kluge went into the fireplace (actually the scrap bin). I had trouble getting a comfortable grip for my dart stroke on that rapidly-tapering "butt".

SpiderMan

eg8r
02-08-2003, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh great, a bunch of jumping Texans! <hr /></blockquote> You can ask the rest, I am no Texan. LOL. My wife is dubbed Floridian at her work. I guess we just don't fit in.

I do like the praise when I do execute a jump shot against a lesser player, only because it is considered my ace in the hole. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I never tell them how easy it is to do with the Bunjee. For those on the board that see me jump, they already know how easy Bunjee made jumping, so it does not mean anything. The real test is actually doing something after jumping. I am not the best at aiming with the jump shot but I feel that is a problem with my stroke. I don't think I come down very straight so my jumpshot goes off in a direction I did not anticipate. I usually contact the object ball but rarely will it go where I thought it was going.

eg8r &lt;Does not jump that much

02-09-2003, 09:16 PM
<hr /></blockquote> The real test is actually doing something after jumping. I am not the best at aiming with the jump shot but I feel that is a problem with my stroke. I don't think I come down very straight so my jumpshot goes off in a direction I did not anticipate. I usually contact the object ball but rarely will it go where I thought it was going.

eg8r &lt;Does not jump that much <hr /></blockquote>

Try this little exercise and let me know if it helps to improve your accuracy. First set up a shot where you are jacked up over a ball with at least 3 feet between the cue ball and the object ball. Make the shot a slight cut just an inch or two away from being a straight in shot to a corner pocket. The cue ball and object ball you are jacked up over should be a sufficient distance from a rail so that you must use an extended finger bridge from the cloth and not the rail. Now shoot the shot three times and tell me "exactly" where the cue ball and the object ball went after contact. My apologies for not using the WEI table but I have been unable to successfully load Shockwave on my home PC.

This is a two part lesson from a distance so bear with me. After I hear your results I may be able to offer some advice that will improve your jumping accuracy. However if after reading this you simply think I am a senile old man I would not blame you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo