PDA

View Full Version : Skilliards

9 Ball Girl
02-07-2003, 08:55 AM
I haven't played this yet but it's on the AZBilliards site so it's gotta be good. Try it out!

http://www.skilliards.com/index2.jsp

Ken
02-07-2003, 09:22 AM
I've tried it 4 times. The first 3 times I had to reboot my computer. Now I realize I can just shut down the browser windows and still be able to use the computer. I never found any game but it does have a couple popups that don't work.

The web site takes very long to load and does not seem to be complete. It asks me to register and gives me 4 lines to fill out but doesn't tell me what to put in 3 of those lines. There is no way to send in whatever I put in those lines. This must be some kind of cruel joke. Its only redeeming value is that it does not seem to do permanent damage to my computer.
KenCT

9 Ball Girl
02-07-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> It asks me to register and gives me 4 lines to fill out but doesn't tell me what to put in 3 of those lines. There is no way to send in whatever I put in those lines. <hr /></blockquote>

It asks for a User Name, Email Addy, Password, Confirm Password. I registered and played a game of 8 ball without a problem. Couldn't play it fully though 'cause I'm at work. BTW, Brady Behrman is one of the users too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ken
02-07-2003, 09:51 AM
It's nice that this site works for someone. No doubt that is why they have decided that it is ready for beta testing. I have shockwave, real player and other good plugins that I don't even remember and it won't work for me. I wish these people would put a little more effort in working the bugs out before someone asks me to try it.

It sounds to me like just another effort to stay one step ahead of the gambling laws. Just what pool doesn't need. I won't be trying it again but everone else, enjoy!
KenCT

heater451
02-07-2003, 10:20 AM
I just registered and played with one of the site "owners".

I'm running Win2k on a dual 533Mhz Celeron system, 256k RAM, GeForce3ti500 vidcard, IE5.5, and java enabled, and it ran perfectly.

I've played Yahoo! Pool in the past (and mentioned it to TomBrooklyn way back), but this is much better--It looks nicer, plays smoother, and the aim and pockets is a bit more forgiving. The feel for the "power" of a shot is a little harder to get ahold of, but overall it works very well.

==============

02-07-2003, 04:50 PM
www.eagledomain.net (http://www.eagledomain.net) has a pretty good pool game too, even regular billiards, yah know the kind wif out pockets
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

TomBrooklyn
02-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Hi heater:

I bought VP3 a while ago, so now when I get an urge to play computer pool I have that. It is definately more precise, sensitive, and versatile than the online games I've seen so far including Yahoo, though the Yahoo game is easy to jump into without any fuss. There is a way to play VP3 against others online also, but I haven't gotten into it that much. =Tom

02-07-2003, 05:53 PM
VP3 is definitely a great Pool simulation. No other pool game comes close, especially the 2D overhead flat tables, and I've probably tried every one on the market including Jimmy White's Cueball World and Real Pool. I've been playing Virtual Pool since version 1 back like 8 years ago. I play VP3 online all the time, both "publicly" on GameSpy and privately with friends by hosting our own games. You should definitely look into getting online, Tom, it's a great way to enjoy the game!

David