PDA

View Full Version : Review on The Green Felt Jungle

02-07-2003, 02:57 PM
A year ago or so Pool & Billiard magazine said "The Green Felt Jungle" is a "must read for all pool fans" and I totally agree. The author really had a very hectic life and is lucky to be alive. I strongly recommend reading this book.

JPB
02-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I always see this book at the Gamblers Book Store, but never buy it. Next trip to Las Vegas I think I will.

Troy
02-07-2003, 05:55 PM
You don't ever quit do you Huber ??? What a cheap way to plug your lousy book.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolbookguy:</font><hr> A year ago or so Pool &amp; Billiard magazine said "The Green Felt Jungle" is a "must read for all pool fans" and I totally agree. The author really had a very hectic life and is lucky to be alive. I strongly recommend reading this book. <hr /></blockquote>

Hopster
02-08-2003, 06:46 PM
I read it and didnt think much of it at all.
If you want to read something good, try : Playing off the rail. Now that was a good story and had quite a few funny parts.
Green felt jungle is no where near it.

02-08-2003, 08:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> You don't ever quit do you Huber ??? What a cheap way to plug your lousy book.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolbookguy:</font><hr> A year ago or so Pool &amp; Billiard magazine said "The Green Felt Jungle" is a "must read for all pool fans" and I totally agree. The author really had a very hectic life and is lucky to be alive. I strongly recommend reading this book. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

not that i mind you trying to chew on him but i don't think he ever reads any of this stuff anymore expect to proof his ads.

then he goes away.

i betcha that he does actually sell a few books off this board and that's what keeps him comin by every once in a while to drop a line in the water.

wouldn't it be a hoot if'n someone posted a free copy, like napster for-books on the web? i'm not gunna buy one, based on local reviews, but i might read a few pages free just to see.

dan

jungledude51
02-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks, poolbookguy for the kind words. Unfortunately it seems your kind words angered some people who didn't have the opportunity to read my book. I'm glad you did, and glad you enjoyed....Gerald Huber

02-11-2003, 03:06 PM
this is borderline pathetic. and I was nice to another human being today

cycopath
02-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the laugh, Honky.

02-11-2003, 06:27 PM
hey glad i could help out, i m usually good for a laugh. feels good to contribute been pratically a lifetime lurker here, mooching knowledge from others.

honky