PDA

View Full Version : Short/Long Term Goals

Sid_Vicious
02-08-2003, 11:06 AM
What's your short and long term goals in this sport???sid

Wally_in_Cincy
02-08-2003, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What's your short

<font color="blue">Go undefeated in annual APA team tourney in May and get to Vegas. </font color>

and long term

<font color="blue">Run 50 in straight pool. </font color>

goals in this sport???sid <hr /></blockquote>

snipershot
02-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Everybody probably has different goals in this sport(thank you for calling it a sport and not a game /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

My short term goal: run three straigh racks in eightball, I've done back to back once and I want to do it three times now.

Long term goal: to promote and expand the sport to as many people as I can.

Chris Cass
02-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi Sid,

Mine are, Live and the long term is make it to Vegas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~practicing my jumpshots right now. mentally of course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alfie
02-08-2003, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What's your short and long term goals in this sport? <hr /></blockquote>short term- have fun
long term- same

Rod
02-08-2003, 06:13 PM
My short term is getting something to eat so I have the strength to play! LOL I'm going over to a friends for dinner and a little pool on his table. Long term is staying up for a while since I had a return of the creepy crud (flu). No predictions any farther than that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JPB
02-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Short term: Learn some semblace of speed control and get more consistent.

Long term: Be able to play good players with a big spot like the 5 and the break and not get totally massacred. Be able to play 25 or no count straight pool (with games that take less than two weeks)and have at least one 100 ball run. Doubtful since my lifetime high is an embarrassing 30.

OK I went public with my goals to put pressure on myself, even though they're pretty modest. We'll see.

Karatemom
02-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Short term: Win at least 2 matches in Vegas.

Long term: Be good enough to play Alison Fisher and win!

Heide ~ not asking for much /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
02-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Short term goals are made on a day to day basis and subject to change at a moment's notice.
At my age I do not make any long term goals.
Jake

Icon of Sin
02-09-2003, 07:09 AM
My short term goal is to be a APA SL 5 by the end of the year...

Long term is to be able to run racks of 9-Ball regularly

bluewolf
02-09-2003, 07:19 AM
Short Term- More proficiency on my most difficult cut and learn to bank

Long Term- Dunno

blu

Rich R.
02-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Short term goal: Improve.

Long term goal: Improve.

Short and Long term goal: Enjoy playing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChrisW
02-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Short: Play better today than I did yesterday

Long: Play Competitively in a pro-level tournament

Over all goal: Continue to love and promote the sport.

Chris

marek
02-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Short term: to win a medal in nationals (2 weeks to go in straightpool, 3 weeks to go in 8ball and 9ball) whatever the discipline (I would prefer 14 or 9 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Long term: to become the best player I can be - to reach my full potential - loooooong way to go! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Short term goal: Learn pace, slow everything down, develop consistency, control my emotions and excitement level.

Midterm goal: 3 racks of 9-ball consecutively from the break (personal best 2, several times), run 50 in 14.1 (high run 44).

Long term goal: Meet as many CCB'ers as possible, keep having fun playing. Fall in love for real and have a family.

Kato

Sid_Vicious
02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
"Fall in love for real"

So much for all of my other goals,,,good choice! sid

MarkUrsel
02-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Short term: End the Tristate Tour season as a B player

Medium term: be taken seriously by, and have a good chance of beating any of the Team Amsterdam players

Long Term: Be elected player of the millenia and retire rich to a beach (with an outdoor table, of course) in The Bahamas.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
02-10-2003, 09:07 PM
That sounds pretty ambitious, good luck. Ah yes get a tan while you play. Well unless it's under Palm trees for some shade. Watch out for those falling coconuts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif