Kato~~~official pop-up hater.

9 Ball Girl
02-09-2003, 12:58 AM
There is something called No Ads. I know Naz uses it. You can find it here:

http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/

Rod
02-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Kato,
I know there are a few good ones and free. I used Ad Subtract and it worked pretty good, but I'm fairly sure there are better. What O/S are you using? I don't use one any more but I can check for you. Or if you post a message over at ZDnet you will get some good suggestions.

Rod

Fred Agnir
02-10-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> to download from the net?

Any help is appreciated.

Kato~~~official pop-up hater. <hr /></blockquote>
No help here, but as a report, the Earthlink Pop-Up Blocker is awesome. Unfortunately, Amazon has figured a way to bypass the blocker.

Fred

Kato
02-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Rod, I'm using XP. I downloaded the one Wendy suggested and I'm getting more popups than ever!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kato

9 Ball Girl
02-10-2003, 10:27 AM
More popups than ever?! Sheesh! I don't use any of them but Nazarino also uses Mozilla. Naz?

nAz
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
I use Molliza( http://www.mozilla.org/ )its a free web browser looks and runs like netscape 7 but faster. it has a built in Ad blocker that works great,so you dont need to Dload an Ad blocker you will save prescious Ram memory this way.
this AD BLOCKER should not have given you any problems it easy to use to. http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/

Rod
02-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Kato,
Here's what I gathered for you on another forum. I'll let you decide but you have something to go on.

the best ad blocker is Proxomitron. it has a steep learning curve, but it is definately the best. this program is not meant for beginners.

the next one is Adshield. this one is easier to understand, the author Doug Lee, is extremely helpful.

Myie2 is an IE wrapper. a must for IE users who want tab browsing with IE.

i have tried nearly all ad blocking programs, from host file to webwasher, adsubtract, sab, etc...... this is the final result of my 9 mth research.

You can roll pretty much all that functionality into a single app and just use Mozilla. It has the ad blocking of Proximotron, the tabbed browsing of Myie2 (Mozilla is where the whole tabbed browsing idea originated), it has ad blocking, better cookie handling than IE, among other useful features (like an email client that's so far been immune to ever mass mailing worm created the last 5-6 years).
Why waste the resources required to run ALL of those programs when you can just run Mozilla? Is it really worth all that effort just so you can try and salvage the sinking ship that is Internet Explorer? Because when I consider keeping track of the settings of two three programs and hoping that they play nicely together, compared to just one program.... Well, it's a simple choice to me, I'll take Mozilla for the reduced amount of work any day. But not everyone has such a pragmatic attitude.

As copied from those that know more than I.

Rod

Kato
02-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks Rod. I'll get that tomorrow. 'Preciate it.

Kato