PDA

View Full Version : All CCB'ers read and respond

Voodoo Daddy
02-09-2003, 09:04 AM
24 hours from now my brother and the friend of all CCB'ers Chris Cass goes under the knife, holding a 10-2 advantage on Cancer when he finally has his "removal". I urge all that ever read his posts and learned, laughed and cried to put forth a maximum effort of prayer and well wish's. If I could, I'd take the knife for him...

Voodoo~~~truely loves the Cass family and will be there for them through this and all else!!

Barbara
02-09-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm there with ya Voodoo!! Chris is one tough cookie and so is Heide and Christ!! CC is gonna win this one BIG TIME!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
02-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Good Vibes are on the way.
Chris will kick this thing in the a$$ and be back playing soon.

We will be thinking of Chis, Heide and Christ a lot tomorrow.

Gayle in MD
02-09-2003, 10:18 AM
To CC and family... all best wishes, thoughts and prayers from my family to yours. I will be thinking of you, and anxiously awaiting news of your positive results. Hang in there friends....
Gayle in Md.....Voodoo, you're a great guy!

socrates
02-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Chris and family. In my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you a successful surgery and quick and complete recovery.

See you soon, we will get togehter and tell Merle stories.

cheesemouse
02-09-2003, 10:59 AM
May the God's be with the Cass family...break and run'm Chris.......

WesK
02-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Thinking nothing but good thoughts.

wes

Tom_In_Cincy
02-09-2003, 11:28 AM
With VooDooDaddy in your corner, Chirs will be backed by one of Florida's biggest hearts.

Wishing and praying for all the best.. and trying to make plans for a long weekend in Vegas in May to meet the CC and CCB family for one hellofa party.

MikeM
02-09-2003, 11:32 AM
There's no way Chris can lose with the power of the CCB behind him! If friends and family can will a man to good health, Chris will be the healthiest man alive in no time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All the best Heide, Christ and Chris.

Mike

Sid_Vicious
02-09-2003, 11:39 AM
If respond you mean to pray and believe, then it's all been put in the best hands of all within the moments following reading the message this morning...sid

snipershot
02-09-2003, 01:03 PM
It's the 12th round and CC has cancer up against the ropes, the cancer can sense it's defeat coming, he's been whooping it's a$$ the whole time, CC is so close to victory he can taste it, even smell it in the air. He's one final push from knocking it out forever.

Good luck Chris-a champion in everyone's hearts.

mike_in_iowa
02-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Chris, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. good luck

Steve Lipsky
02-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Chris, you've given me a lot of support and strength in the past, and now I want to return the favor.

You, Heide, and Christ will be in my thoughts and prayers... I know in my heart you're going to beat this thing. Get well soon, buddy.

Your friend,
Steve Lipsky

Kato
02-09-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm with you Chris. Much love to the Cass family.

R.J.

Gerry
02-09-2003, 03:50 PM
All the best Chris!....with all the love and support I see here, it's a lock for 100% positive outcome IMHO!!...Gerry

WaltVA
02-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Chris - Have chuckled over (and learned from) your past posts over the years, and look forward to the next ones, soon I hope. You, Heide and Christ are in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and always.

Walt in VA

Troy
02-09-2003, 04:39 PM
From North, South, East and West, CC gets support and well wishes. I heartily join in offering mine.

Sent CC a PM.

Troy

bluewolf
02-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Chis, I am confident that with God's help you will beat this thing.I will keep you in prayer tomorrow and also Heidi N Christ. You are such a person I look up to and admire not only in pool skill but as a wonderful human being!

bluewolf

02-09-2003, 04:48 PM
chris has shown a lot of style, grace and strength. he'll get thru this one. god be with chris.

dan

9 Ball Girl
02-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Chris:

I'm keeping you and Heide and Christ in my prayers. Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery! All you've got is the 8 and 9 left on this table! And when we all meet, burnt bacon on me!

Love always,
Wendy

PQQLK9
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Chris,you are in my thoughts and prayers.

SPetty
02-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Chris,

There's not much I can add that hasn't already been said. Please know that we're all with you and expect you to come out the winner of this match of your life.

Heide, Christ... you take care of yourselves as well. Chris needs you to be strong for him during this tough trial. My thoughts and good wishes are with the Cass family.

Brent
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah Chris try to hang on. Cancer can be quite the opponent. I know this cuz I have lost 2 of my uncles, grampa and one aunt to cancer. So Chris u just pocket the 9 and finish him off..I know u can. Best wishes from Easter-Europe.

Vapros
02-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Get your spikes on, Chris, and snug up the joint. You've got a lot of pool ahead of you. Dig in and take care of this little chore on Monday and then getcha some.

The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

cueball1950
02-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Chris and Family....May the Good Lord watch over you and your family and keep you under his wing and protection as you go thru this experience tomorrow. All of our Hearts and Prayers will be with you. you are running the rack and on the 9 ball with it hanging in the corner. just drill it and win the game..........................Mike

Candyman
02-09-2003, 06:20 PM
I met the national cancer survivor of the year last week. What an impressive lady! She has been fighting this disease fore 23 yrs. I asked her how she has dealt with this sickness so successfully and with such grace. This is what she told me. "I looked at this scary word (cancer) and almost lost it and all of a sudden the first 3 letters stood out like 3-D. The word CAN and faith in GOD, and alot of support from friends and family have gotten me through it." She also told me that when she say a doctor who gave her no hope, she found a new one.
My prayers are also with you and the family Cris.

Candyman

JoePickens
02-09-2003, 06:40 PM
You will be in my prayers for a quick recovery...

cheesemouse
02-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Chris,
You got the breaks and ball in hand afterwards. We're all pulling for you and your family......

Ralph S.
02-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I correspond with CC via the internet when he feels up to it. He already knows that I am praying and pulling for him on his way to victory over this dreaded opponent. I just wanted to put my backing in writing and say to kick that mother in the ass Chris. I am behind you all the way. If you should need anything just send me a pm and I will do what I can to help out the Cass family.
Ralph S.

Rod
02-09-2003, 07:45 PM
One day at at time. Stay strong each day and win the battle. Chris, Heide and Christ you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers tommorrow.

Your friend,
Rod

02-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with Chris and family... hope all is going well!

Karatemom
02-09-2003, 08:15 PM
As I sit here in front of my computer, reading everyone's thoughts and wishes, watching the clock tick closer and closer to 5 a.m., I feel overwhelmed with feelings of love, support, and friendship. It amazes me the special bond that I have made with those of you whom I have met and have yet to meet. It makes knowing you, and the anticipation of meeting you so meaningful. There are no words to describe how I feel about all of you. I have very few close friends here in the QC. I get more calls from Florida than I do local, LOL. I have had plenty of support from them, especially my boss, who has let me take off work whenever needed without question. But everyone here on the board has helped me more than anything. You are my "support" group. I don't know what I would have done without you.

I know that Chris feels the same way, but he expresses himself much better than I do. I do the spelling and the grammar in the family, and he does the writing, LOL. I hope all of you understand how I feel about you, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Your friend,

Heide ~ Geez, I almost forgot. For the week that Chris is in the hospital, I will be de-smoking the house. From the paneling on the back room walls, to the curtains on the windows, to the ceilings in every room. When he comes home, this is one family that will be completely smoke-free, inside and out!!

Vagabond
02-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Howdy,
I did not know about Chris`s suffering till I read these posts.I am sorry to hear about this.Chriss,Fight back.U can conquer the cancer.We are all with u in this fight.Cheers
Vagabond

SpiderMan
02-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Chris and Heide, I've got a little surprise package to mail you. Just have to find that envelope Chris sent to get the return address.

SpiderMan

Ross
02-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Chris, I'm with you buddy! Funny, how I've never met you, not prone to feel this way easily, but I still think of you as a "buddy!" That says something about your humanity that comes through in your posts. I'm also not religious at all, but for some strange reason, I will be praying for you. Give 'em hell, Chris.

And I'm thinking of you as well, Heidi. I know how tough it must be for you. Hang in there girl. Chris is incredibly lucky to have someone like you at his side.

CarolNYC
02-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Steve,
My thoughts and prayers are with them!
Carol~loves the Cass family,also!

rackmup
02-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Chris and his family will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

"I will bring back your health and heal your injuries," says the Lord..."
Jeremiah 30:17

Blessings,

Ken

Paul_Mon
02-10-2003, 08:03 AM
My thoughts and prayers will be with Chris and family.

ChrisW
02-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Chris, My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Be strong!

Chris

jjinfla
02-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Hope all goes well with the surgery and soon you will be on the road to recovery. The "road" warrior in you will give you the right mental attitude to face the coming months. You will be a great addition to our cancer survivors club. Jake

Fred Agnir
02-10-2003, 08:23 AM
I'll see you three in May.

Fred

#### leonard
02-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Cass Kick [Ass].####

Ken
02-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Best wishes to you, Chris, and I hope to hear soon that all is going well.
KenCT

TomBrooklyn
02-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Me too. Tom

eg8r
02-10-2003, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For the week that Chris is in the hospital, I will be de-smoking the house. From the paneling on the back room walls, to the curtains on the windows, to the ceilings in every room. When he comes home, this is one family that will be completely smoke-free, inside and out!! <hr /></blockquote> That is great. I am sure you have a large task at hand trying to remove the smoke but I am happy you have made such a decision.

Please tell Chris that we are all praying for him and your family. What a wonderful site it will be when the family heads back to the pool hall together and completely healed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-10-2003, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> There's no way Chris can lose with the power of the CCB behind him! If friends and family can will a man to good health, Chris will be the healthiest man alive in no time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All the best Heide, Christ and Chris.

Mike <hr /></blockquote>

We all know the CCB karma is a powerful force /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris, Heide, and Christ, be strong, be positive, and know that many, many prayers are with you.

Wally in the Natti

9 Ball Girl
02-10-2003, 12:51 PM
http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/up.gif

Vicki
02-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I've been praying for the Cass Family along with another family who is suffering from ovarian cancer. I am anxious to hear an update on Chris' condition. Please let us know ASAP that all is well.

Vicki

AustinFilAm
02-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Chris,
Our prayers are with you. You're one heck of a cool guy.
You have a great family and friends behind you.
Get well soon!!!!

Angelo

Karatemom
02-10-2003, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr> I've been praying for the Cass Family along with another family who is suffering from ovarian cancer. I am anxious to hear an update on Chris' condition. Please let us know ASAP that all is well.

Vicki <hr /></blockquote>

The procedure went a little longer than they anticipated, but it did go well. He's in the ICU for a couple of days then off to a regular room. He looked pretty good for going through what he did. They've got him on a continuous IV for pain so he'll be pretty groggy most of the time.

I can't thank you all enough for all of your concern and support. It's really nice to have friends like you.

Heide &amp; family

SPetty
02-10-2003, 03:51 PM
That's good news, Heide. Thanks for the timely update. I'm sure you know we're all here on pins and needles waiting to hear that he's come out the other side as O.K. as can be expected. Now it's just time to heal.