PDA

View Full Version : 3 Foul Rule Question

02-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Here's the scenario: 9 ball, I have 2 straight fouls, opponent makes a small run, then leaves me bad. I get another foul. Do I lose, or is there a break in the consecutivity when my opponent pockets a ball?

Fred Agnir
02-10-2003, 02:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 ball junior:</font><hr> Here's the scenario: 9 ball, I have 2 straight fouls, opponent makes a small run, then leaves me bad. I get another foul. Do I lose, or is there a break in the consecutivity when my opponent pockets a ball? <hr /></blockquote>

If you have been reminded by your opponent that you are on two fouls, then yes you lose on your third consecutive foul. Your opponent pocketing a ball does not break your string of consecutive fouls.

Fred

Tom_In_Cincy
02-10-2003, 02:55 PM
From The BCA Website.. under rules.
The same rules apply from the World Professional Billiards
Association website.

5.13 THREE CONSECUTIVE FOULS
If a player fouls three consecutive times on three successive shots without making an intervening legal shot, the game is lost. The three fouls must occur in one game. The warning must be given between the second and third fouls. A player’s inning begins when it is legal to take a shot and ends at the end of a shot on which he misses, fouls or wins, or when he fouls between shots.

You lose if you are given a warning prior to your 3rd time at the table when you have 2 fouls.

02-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif