PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Ried video-The Art of 8-ball

Wally_in_Cincy
02-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Jimmy Ried video-The Art of 8-ball

Anybody seen it?

I hope it's good because I just ordered it from Accu-stats.
It's gotta be better than "Winning 8-ball by Bobby Burnett" What dreck that was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

02-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Yes it is pretty good i have it,
mostly Jimmy is running racks of eight ball
and explaining what he is doing.
i dont think he is the greatest teacher in the world
but he is a Hell of an 8 ball player.and you will definately
learn something from it.

phil in sofla
02-12-2003, 01:36 AM
I agree with all of that. It's his No Time For Negative series that has his comprehensive fundamentals instruction, kicking systems, etc. Three volumes I think.

Kato
02-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Voodoo told me that it was a good video I believe. At the U.S. Open last year we'd be in the tournament room and Jimmy would be playing and then Voodoo would start chanting, "Jimmy Reid, fast and loose, Jimmy Reid". I would just start laughing it was sooooo funny coming from Voodoo.

Kato~~~~very loose but slowing down.

Rich R.
02-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Although Jimmy may not be the best teacher in the world, there is a lot of good information on all of his videos.
The particular one you mentioned, is mostly Jimmy running racks of 8-ball and talking his way through them. Very similar to Rempe's tapes on running racks in straight pool.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-12-2003, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R:</font><hr>...Very similar to Rempe's tapes on running racks in straight pool. <hr /></blockquote>

If that's the case then I'm sure I'll like it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll post a review in a few days.

Thanx everyone.

02-12-2003, 01:24 PM
I agree i have all his tapes
the No time for negative tapes are 3 volumes
and There is some really good stuff there..I remember
learning the "double the distance" system from John Lewis
of the BCA Years ago,but after leaving the game for over 10 years i had forgotten it,when i seen Jimmy's video
and he explained it,I was like I know that system
i learned alot of stuff i had forgotten i would
recommend those tapes too if you like the 8 ball tape.