PDA

View Full Version : Signs of SPRING

Tom_In_Cincy
02-11-2003, 05:33 PM
For us Baseball fanatics:

Pitchers and Catchers report this weekend..

Suns setting later.. and getting up earlier.. more daylight

Only got 3 inches of snow today.. its cutting back.. high tomorrow will be in the mid 20s

Life is getting warmer..

Barbara
02-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Here's another indication of spring...

If you listen real carefully, you can actually hear the Phillies sucking.

Barbara

snipershot
02-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Although spring is a long way from where I live, baseball is on the horizon, I've already started a spring camp (indoors) and can't wait for real baseball to start. Can't wait to see the yankees get their butts whooped again this year /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Karatemom
02-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Here I thought we might get an early taste of spring, but nooooo. It was a beautiful 30 something degress outside today, but with the wind chill, it was like 0. Then it decided to flurry earlier than expected, which melted by noon, then flurried again, enough to make the streets slick and icy. What fun living in the Midwest. Someone book me a flight to Vegas, will ya? hahahaha

Heide ~ anxiously awaiting the return of the White Sox!!! Cubs suck!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Rich R.
02-12-2003, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Here's another indication of spring...

If you listen real carefully, you can actually hear the Phillies sucking.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Barbara, I couldn't hear the Phillies over the loud sucking sounds from the Oriole camp. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ward
02-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Barb

I am a Ranger fan, now they really suck, but I love them anyway...

eg8r
02-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Well, if I must say, I am a Yankee fan and all I ever hear is the whining in Boston. LOL

My mother still has a pic of me as a baby wearing a yankee cap.

eg8r

eg8r
02-12-2003, 07:54 AM
LOL, you crack me up. It looks like the Philly owners have decided to open up the checkbook a little. They might do alright this year.

For the others, Orioles will still suck (could not sign a decent player this winter if their lives depended on it), and poor Ward has to deal with the miserable pitching Rangers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Yeah sure looks like spring out there /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did you see the snow rollers?

CCBers, we got 3 inches of snow yesterday and 40 mph wind last night. Accross the street from me in a field are at least a hundred basketball size snowballs, blown and rolled by the wind. There all over this area. That has never happened here before, in my lifetime.

Barbara
02-12-2003, 12:14 PM
That's good, Ward. I usually stick with a team through thick and thin, too. However, my love affair with the Phillies has nothing to do with the team members but with a certain owner who traded - TRADED - a 300-plus winning pitcher, Steve "Lefty" Carlton.

When that happened I swore to Bill Giles that he would never see another penny of mine again.

Barbara~~~also remembers when 1/3 of the world was covered by Gary Madduxx and Michael Jack was "Da Man!"

Vapros
02-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Sixty-seven and sunny today in South Louisiana, but only sixty-five forecast for tomorrow. If anybody is interested.

I didn't realize you guys lived up there all year round....

Fran Crimi
02-13-2003, 12:05 AM
No no no...youz guys got it all wrong. There's only one sure sign of spring and that's when the driving ranges shut down the booth heaters.

Fran (shinin' up them clubs)

Ward
02-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Barb

I know that feeling the Rangers traded Sammy Sosa.. I am still not over that one...

Later

Paul_Mon
02-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Tom,
This morning (overnight low -1 F) the weatherman announced that since December 15th we've (Rochester NY) had a total of 7 days WITHOUT snow.

Paul Mon