PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

02-12-2003, 05:51 AM

eg8r
02-12-2003, 06:44 AM
I am glad you enjoyed the school. Hopefully you will be able to remember everything you saw.

As far as CW using the board in a non-obtrusive way...I beg to differ. He was not as bad as Gerald Huber, but he was blatently doing exactly what he was not supposed to do. When you come to the website and you register and get an ID, then you agree to the rules. It is explicitly stated not to advertise. Advertising was the only thing he was doing. I personally will overlook the advertising if he was even here a little bit of the time and answering questions and what not, but he would not do that. He was spamming and leaving.

I personally think it is sad that the CCD admin have allowed it to continually happen. I guess they feel the need to pander, I don't know. The admin have not replied to my PM so they must also be hiding under a rock hoping this will all go away.

eg8r

bluewolf
02-12-2003, 07:21 AM
I personally think it is sad that the CCD admin have allowed it to continually happen. I guess they feel the need to pander, I don't know. The admin have not replied to <my PM so they must also be hiding under a rock hoping this will all go away.

eg8r >

Rules are rules. But there have been shades of gray that the people here were okay with. That is, individuals who had something they could no longer use and were looking for a way for someone to take it off of their hands. They are not in a business but they are still advertising.

The shades of gray, ie minor violations get overlooked until someone violates the rules in such a way that it angers people. Then they cry out for justice.

But how can Charlie and others like him not be allowed to advertise if others are allowed to advertise, even in a small way.

Like you are saying. Rules is rules and we all agreed to them when we signed up. If people want to shut Charlie's advertising down then imo, all persons' advertising has to be shut down. Imo, this has nothing to do with whether we think he contributes or if Sid or anybody else contributes more. It has to do with a rule which was being broken and which everyone seemed comfortable with breaking as long as it did not cross some vague and invisible line.

So the real question is,is the current rule intended to include people selling their personal stuff in addition to people in the business like Charlie? If the answer is yes, then is the ccb administrator going to enforce this rule?

blu