PDA

View Full Version : Final update

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 05:08 PM
I know how tired some of you might be getting of all this talk about Chris, but had to let everyone know that the pathology reports came back today and the doctors said that they looked good. They also said that his prognosis was very good. They didn't give me any details, but they're word is just as good in my book these days.

I apologize for not getting back to some of you. It's been a zoo here lately. I thought without him home, I'd have plenty of time to do things, but it seems that there just aren't enough hours in the day anymore. I have a PTA meeting tonite where I'm being honored for all my work, plus I'm the Treasurer so I really should be there. Plus, all the visits to the hospital, work, running errands, grocery shopping, geez, it never ends! LOL

This should be the last major thing happening for Chris. It still sounds like he'll be moved to a regular room by Saturday and out sometime late next week. Just wanted to let everyone know that he is doing very well, and will be doing very well for a long, long time. Thanks to everyone for their support, lended ear, and thoughts.

Heide

SPetty
02-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi Heide,

I really truly don't think anyone's getting tired of the updates.

It sounds like things are looking up for you guys. It's about time! Maybe we'll see you in May after all!

nAz
02-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Whos tired? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 05:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hi Heide,

I really truly don't think anyone's getting tired of the updates.

It sounds like things are looking up for you guys. It's about time! Maybe we'll see you in May after all!

<hr /></blockquote>

I hope to see you in May. Sure would be nice, but the Open sounds nice, too. Either way, as long as Chris is okay, doesn't make any difference to me.

Hey, how's that warped shaft? LOL

Heide ~ you crack me up

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 05:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Whos tired? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not me. There just isn't enough time to get everything done that needs to be. I've been sleeping okay, don't eat like I should but never did anyway LOL. Sure wish Spring Break would come a little early this year.

Heide ~ superwoman, hahahahahahaha

nAz
02-13-2003, 05:24 PM
it'll be here soon enough young lady, just hang in there. and keep smilling /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan
02-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I knew it was good news when I saw the pumpkin smiling! Check your mail for a priority mail package.

SpiderMan

Rod
02-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Hi Heide,
I never get tired of hearing how Chris is doing and how your holding up too. That is great news, I hope it only gets better from here. You should be honered for something at this point. Congrats on your accomplishments. In your list of things to do you left out changing the oil on the car. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif BTW hows the pool game? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John G
02-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Hello Heide. I don't think anyone is tired of you updates. I think we're all concerned, even those of us that don't know your family personally. From his posts I beleive Chris to be a great guy with a great family. Like many other people I'm hoping and praying that all will be well for him and his family. Keep us informed with his progress. Wish him well, John G

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Hi Heide,
I never get tired of hearing how Chris is doing and how your holding up too. That is great news, I hope it only gets better from here. You should be honered for something at this point. Congrats on your accomplishments. In your list of things to do you left out changing the oil on the car. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif BTW hows the pool game? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Would you believe that changing the oil in both cars IS on my list of things to do. hahahahahahahahahaha. Along with washing and detailing them.

Pool game? What pool game? Actually, considering I don't go up there like usual, I shot a 25 Tuesday night at leagues. Would have had a 30, but got aggressive instead of defensive. There's a Scotch Doubles tourney this weekend. I could shoot with Christ but not likely. That wouldn't make a very successful team, LOL. Would rather spend my time at the hospital to be honest.

Heide ~ is now an honorary life time member of the Illinois PTA

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Thanks. If there are any more bumps in the road or good news to tell, this will be the 2nd place I go to let everyone know. (Have to let the family know first).

So nice to know how much everyone cares. Thanks again.

Heide

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I knew it was good news when I saw the pumpkin smiling! Check your mail for a priority mail package.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Spidey, Spidey, Spidey, what am I going to do with you? You know you didn't need to send anything. It is appreciated, however, and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Heide ~ now you've got me wondering

Troy
02-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Absolutely GREAT news Heide !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And don't you think for one minute that we are getting tired of hearing about Chris' progress. The PTA meeting is simply a way for you to get back to something normal.

Please give Chris my hearty CONGRATULATIONS for the progress he is making !!!

Troy

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 07:33 PM
I told Chris today that I was keeping all of the emails and PMs I've gotten so that he can see just how many people care about his wellbeing. I just hope that we have enough memory, LOL. May have to print them out instead and bring them up to him to read after he's out of SICU.

Heide

cheesemouse
02-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Heide,
That is great news and I am so happy for you guys. I've been worried but now with this news I've got a big smile. Tell the man that he has made the cheesemouse's day....give yourself a pat on the back will ya girl???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Cheese, I think this made everyone's day! A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe much easier now.

Nothing but good news from here on out!

Heide

Fran Crimi
02-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Great news, Heide!!!!

Ask Chris if there's an empty bed there in that hospital... I crossed my fingers and toes a week ago and can't get them undone.

Congrats on your award, too. Nice going.

Fran

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 10:00 PM
http://wizardsworldoftattoos.com/gallery/justinb/justinb/jb12.jpg

From our family to yours. Thanks for being there.

Chris, Heide, and Christ

Karatemom
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Great news, Heide!!!!

Ask Chris if there's an empty bed there in that hospital... I crossed my fingers and toes a week ago and can't get them undone.

Congrats on your award, too. Nice going.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

hahahahahahahahaha!! Not an empty bed in SICU, they're all full of heart patients.

Heide

snipershot
02-13-2003, 10:28 PM
It's great to hear Chris is doing so well, never get tired of the updates, they are deeply appreciated. Give Chris a big congratulations from everybody here.

CarolNYC
02-14-2003, 04:29 AM
Hey Heide,
This is wonderful news and a great Valentines gift-Happy Valentines Day!
Carol~Alot better than my case of "DUCT TAPE!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
02-14-2003, 05:38 AM
Damn, and I was just about to offer to play Chris even up. Now that he is getting better, I have to go back to my usual spot, the wild 1 though 8 and the breaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the great news Heide. Don't think for a minute that we get tired of getting news about Chris's recovery and how you are holding up. Sitting at the computer may be the only rest you are getting right now and we appreciate every word.

BTW, in the future, please don't start a thread with the subject, "Final update".
YOU SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!

Brent
02-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Hi heide how u holdin up ? Better now I hope. Anyway good that things turned out the way they did now. Give our best to Chris the next time u visit him.

Best wishes
Brent

Kato
02-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Great news. I think you should have Chris buy you a hot tub for Valentines Day when he gets out.

Kato~~~happy happy, joy joy

Barbara
02-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Heide, this is great news!!! And congrats on your award, too!!

I don't think any of us here get tired of hearing about CC's progress. In, fact, it's the first thing I look for when I login to this board.

Keep up the news!!

Barbara

Ross
02-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Heidi - Thanks for the update - that is great news!

HOWARD
02-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Heide,

Thank God, amen - Amen - AMEN

Howard

Jon from MN
02-14-2003, 05:18 PM
you put the happy in happy valentines day. thank you for sharing with us. Our prayers do work! hugs for both of you Jon and Sandy Rounsville aka jon from mn

Gayle in MD
02-15-2003, 07:32 AM
How wonderful!!! I'm very thankful to learn that all will be well. Great news!
Gayle in Md.