PDA

View Full Version : got a new(to me) cue

wolfsburg2
02-14-2003, 09:55 AM
i just picked up my new cue. i purchased it from a very respected gentleman at my local hall. it was a house cue at one time, that he had made into a custom cue. paul finelli was the cuemake who did the work. there are some subtle inlays, and 2 shafts. he fixed up the original shaft and made a new one. i picked it up for $200. i have talked to a bunch of people and they all say that finelly gets 150-175 just for a shaft, so i think i got a good deal. the cue hits so nice.i am very happy with it. just thought i'd share

02-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a nice cue. I hope you enjoy it!

cycopath
02-14-2003, 02:40 PM
I just got my Oldies 1 back from Meucci today. It only took 6 months for a full refinish. And I had a black dot shaft matched to it.

wolfsburg2
02-15-2003, 07:48 AM
nice. i tried the original shaft last night it hits nice, but is a little too stiff for my liking.

bluewolf
02-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Hope you enjoy it!!! There is nothing like a nicestick!!!

blu

LC3
02-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Nothing like a new cue. I'm still smitten with my DZ, and I really like the hit of my friend's new Gina.

If you get a chance, post some pics.

02-17-2003, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfsburg2:</font><hr> i just picked up my new cue. <hr /></blockquote>

Congrats! I'm pretty stoked too because I just won one on an e-bay auction. Can't wait to get it. It is an $1100 Schon ltd cue I got for half that. WoooHooo!

cycopath
02-17-2003, 01:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesin_the_nine:</font><hr>Congrats! I'm pretty stoked too because I just won one on an e-bay auction. Can't wait to get it. It is an $1100 Schon ltd cue I got for half that. WoooHooo! <hr /></blockquote>A guy's got an older Schon R2 (discontinued) cue on pawn here at my shop. I'm counting the days down until he defaults on the loan. Another 2 1/2 weeks left. It's been abused, but it's still playable. Best of all is the price. He only wanted $20. I guess he didn't know what he had.

bluewolf
02-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I am getting the beautiful blackheart I bought from ebay. I cant wait. I have a basic one and just love the way it is weighted and hits and draws the balls.

So that means that I will be selling my predator on ebay I think. Is it against the rule to say you are going to be selling something on ebay?

blu

02-17-2003, 05:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Is it against the rule to say you are going to be selling something on ebay?
blu <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. I just wish the dude that had a bunch of Schon #2 shafts would get some more and put them up for auction. Of course when I want one, there are none. Any other time, your tripping over 'em when you go in there, lol.

LC3
02-17-2003, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>It's been abused, but it's still playable...He only wanted $20.<hr /></blockquote>
With a price that low, you can have it restored and still practically have stolen the cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
02-17-2003, 11:42 PM
You gotta love the feeling of a new cue, hope it improves your game, good luck shooting!