PDA

View Full Version : 9ball and One Pocket Tourny in Mobile, AL

cycopath
02-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Is anyone here gonna make the 9ball Tournament at Breakers Billiards in Mobile, AL? First place is $4000, with $65 entry fee. I figured that might be enough for some brand name players to make the trip. It's going to be played on bar boxes, which I thought was odd.
There is also going to be a One Pocket Tourny. It will be played on 9ft Diamond tables. First place is $3000, with $180 entry fee.
The dates are:
9ball March 16-17-18
One Pocket March 19-20

I guess if anyone wants to call here's the number.
251-341-1117

AndyG
02-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Cycopath, I'll probably make the 1 pocket event. I have a tournament at my place in Ft walton Beach, FL on the 15th and 16th. Aftet that's over, I'm going to try to make Mobile for a couple of days.

I'll have a CCB keychain hanging on my case, compliments of Mike. Thanks, Mike.

AndyG

02-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Sounds Great!Where are the hotels in relation to the venue?
What is the race?Do you know of any other decent tournaments in the area?

c /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifajunfats
the bayou banger

cycopath
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Here's a link to find some hotels/motels, look for the ones on either Airport Blvd or Beltline Hwy.
http://www.al.com/mobile/cityguide/?stay.html
I don't know what the race will be. I meant to grab a flier and I didn't. But you could call the phone I provided on my above post and get more info.
Really Breakers is the only place having any decent tournaments around here.

02-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks.I'm going to do my best to make it for both tourneys.
Much Appreciation.

c /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifajunfats
the bayou banger

02-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Wish I could be there. I'm from the Mobile area, grew up in Atmore and moved to Mobile to go to college (USA) in the mid 80's. After the Army I moved back to Mobile in the early 90's but the company I was with moved me to North Georgia in '93 -- with Mobile's economy I couldn't afford NOT to leave. I do miss Mobile, though.

Tell me, how long has Breakers been around? I can't recall them being there when I lived there, yet the name sounds familiar. Are they a chain, or have I just run across another Breakers somewhere else? Where are they located?

David

cycopath
02-19-2003, 01:42 PM
They've been there about two years now, I think. It's really a pretty nice place. 8 9ft Diamond Pros, 9 8ft Gandys and 9 7ft Valley cion-ops.
I also think the name is a pretty common one, as far as poolhalls go. It's not a chain.

cycopath
02-19-2003, 01:44 PM
9ball is a race to 9 double elimination
0ne Pocket is a race to 3 double elimination

sack316
02-19-2003, 02:46 PM
sweet, I may have to give that a go since I live in a small town by Montgomery anyway it's actually a makeable drive for each day. Any poor folks like me give me a hollar, I have a small apartment but CCBers are welcome at my home!