PDA

View Full Version : Ok, You've convinced me

Karatemom
02-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Okay, you've convinced me that this is not becoming monotonous for everyone so I'll post what happened today.

He's back on a ventilator. Nurse said that it's the only thing keeping him in SICU. Surgically, he's doing wonderful and getting better every day. He's even allowed one popsicle a day.

He can't talk because of the ventilator and they've got an oxygen mask on him as well, but he can write things down. But he sends everyone a big thank you and can't wait to get back home so he can thank you himself.

A special thank you to Mike M. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Heide

bluewolf
02-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Heide,

Thanks for letting us know what is going on with Chris. Being on a vent sounds grisly, but it makes it easier on Chris until his body is compensating with the help of the antibiotics for the pnemonia. A fancy way of saying 'til he can breathe better'. Well I bet he is very anxious to get home and I bet you are even more anxious to get him there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blu

Tom_In_Cincy
02-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Heide,

Now I feel better.. your posts are welcome. How is Christ doing?

Karatemom
02-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Christ is doing unusually well. A friend of mine explained to me that he is probably hiding his feelings from me. Doesn't want to show me that he can be weak at times, since he is the man of the house for a little while.

He is starting to get very upset that he can't see his dad in SICU. I've tried explaining to him that he should be lucky that they let him stay in the hallway so that he can at least see him from afar and talk to him briefly. But he doesn't see it like that. Daddy should be out of SICU soon and that will make us all feel better.

At home, he is his usual onory self. He's done one week and still has a week to go on his grounding for coming home late and not telling us where he was. And today at school there was an incident, nothing major, but another whole story. He still doesn't pick up after himself and has a regular 10 year old's attitude, so IMO, he's doing pretty good, LOL.

The poor kid has had to deal with a lot over the last 2 1/2 years, watching his grandma go through the same battle as his dad is now, but she didn't win. I don't keep him in the dark. He knows everything that I know. I just try and put it in 10 year old terms, keep it simple.

Thanks for asking about Christ. This was a nice break from cleaning the bathroom - YUCK! hahahahaha

Heide

Karatemom
02-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Okay, everyone knows how our family is doing. What about yours? Surely there must be something going on somewhere other than in corn country. I want to know how everyone else is.

Heide ~ particularly giddy and gabby tonite /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vapros
02-15-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm just getting over the flu and my dog peed on the carpet and I put too much Creole seasoning in my omelet and there is a half gallon of orange juice in the fridge that is a week past the expiration date and I had to pay a $5 penalty for keeping some videos too long and my sciatica is acting up, but except for that I guess I'm okay. The weather is nice and the house note is paid. I shouldn't complain, so I won't.

I hope your luck will be as good as mine. Hang tough.

Gayle in MD
02-15-2003, 06:26 AM
Hi kiddo,
Great News! Here's to Chris's continued improvment. Tell him we are all thinking of him, and looking forward to his next post. Hang in there kiddo.
Gayle in Md.

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 07:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that's exactly what I mean, LOL. I hope you're feeling better. The flu bug is going around something awful here. We got 6" of snow last night and expecting 6 more today. Time to put my son to work /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Heide

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 07:45 AM
I can't wait for him to get home. I get more excited as every day passes. I'll feel better when he gets moved to a regular room, though. Then we'll start thinking about coming home.

Heide

Barbara
02-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Hey Heide!!

Pete and I are going to a wedding today in Northern NJ - Paramus, to be exact. Very near Castle Billiards, but I doubt Pete will let me stop in to say Hello, let alone bring my cue. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

It's snowing again - another 3 inches, and then Sunday night they're predicting a foot of snow! Where was all this snow when I was a kid??? Then again, where was all this beautiful footwear when I was a teen?? Grumble grumble grumble...

Well, all I can say is Thank God for Pete's 4WD GMC truck! I mean, I love the traction control in my Beast (the WS6 Trans Am), but this ain't the weather for it!!

Have a nice day, Heidi!!! Talk to ya later cause I'm not bringing the laptop with me.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey! Have fun at the wedding. Love to dance, but don't get to very much.

I'm getting ready to go shovel now. Christ is too busy with his video game to do it. What a lump!!!

Our court still hasn't been plowed. Thank goodness I've got driving in Chicago weather experience to get me through this stuff. I'd never get the Taurus through it without that kind of background, LOL.

Heide

bluewolf
02-15-2003, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Okay, everyone knows how our family is doing. What about yours? Surely there must be something going on somewhere other than in corn country. I want to know how everyone else is.

Heide ~ particularly giddy and gabby tonite /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Heide, that is a real testimony to the good person you are. Asking about others when you have your own plate full.

Not much here. Taking care of our three dogs, looking forward to VF and getting a lesson from scott.

blu

Jon from MN
02-15-2003, 11:21 AM
ok Heide I have been sick I dont know if you know I have hep b,c and cirrosis as well of serious scaring of the liver but latley its been kicking my a%# I get strength from Cris as well as reading your post the ccb is just like all the pool players 1 big family and I for 1# wouldnt trade it for the world. the ss checks started this month so things should be better thanks for asking. Jon from mn

Fran Crimi
02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Heide, I'm doing fine, but I think we should probably note the passing of someone who influenced all our lives. I received this e-mail today:

A Sad Passing:

What with all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment,it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at age 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in... and then the trouble started.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Fran,
I was getting ready to shed a tear of sadness and broke out crying with laughter. You got me good..

Geeze you ladies from the NE have a great way of looking at life..

Tom_In_Cincy
02-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Heide,

I lost my father-in-law the Sunday after xmas. I had just taken 4 days to spend with my parents in Memphis and while I was driving home to Cincy, I got the call that he had died in his sleep (Memphis is our home town, all grandparents lived there). We all came back to Memphis 3 days later for the funeral.

Then it was on to Louisville for the Derby City Classic.

All three of my kids. (Daughter 22, sons 19 and 18) are doing well, making all the nomal mistakes and learning from them. That's all that I can expect.. now-a-days.. "Youth" is wasted on the young..

Wally_in_Cincy
02-15-2003, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jon from MN:</font><hr> ok Heide I have been sick I dont know if you know I have hep b,c and cirrosis as well of serious scaring of the liver .... <hr /></blockquote>

Jon,

I read your earlier post and was wondering whether to ask you about that. I figured you would share in due time. I certainly hope this can work out somehow. At least you'll have a few dozen poolplayers praying for you.

Best wishes,

Wally in the Natti

Wally_in_Cincy
02-15-2003, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Okay, everyone knows how our family is doing. What about yours? Surely there must be something going on somewhere other than in corn country. I want to know how everyone else is.

Heide ~ particularly giddy and gabby tonite /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I proposed to my girlfriend Sunday /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:22 PM
My goodness, Jon. I'm glad my posts give you strength. I have to admit that I look so forward to hearing from everyone as well. If there is anything more I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. I know you've called a few times and left messages on our machine. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. I have been thinking about you though. I did know you were sick, but wasn't sure on the extent. I am a witness as to what doctors can do these days, so I hope only the best for you.

Heide

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I proposed to my girlfriend Sunday /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, yeah, and what did she say? Yes, I hope. Now that's something I love to hear. Have you set a date?

Can see a CCB wedding in the works, LOL.

Heide

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry about your father-in-law. I know how that goes. How is your wife holding up? It's got to be hard on her.

Can't expect much more from kids these days. I'm trying to let Christ figure them out on his own as well. Even though he's only 10, he's got to realize that I won't be there all the time to pick up the pieces. Then there are those times that I butt in whether welcome or not, LOL.

Take care.

Heide

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, it sounds like he lived a very full life til the age of 93. I can remember when I was a kid, 20 some odd years ago, at the roller rink and we'd all do the hokey pokey on our skates. What fun that was. Now, in our kindergarten class, they're still doing it. He will live on forever in all of us.

Glad you're doing well.

Heide

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Glad you're doing well, too. Please tell Scott hello from us. I talked with him last night, what a great guy!

Heide

SPetty
02-15-2003, 09:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I proposed to my girlfriend Sunday /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hi Wally,

I thought something was up when you were talking about "we were looking for a house" or something like that awhile back...

Congratulations. I hope she understands and accepts your love for pool...

SPetty~~~remembering (Kato's?) post awhile back about the Significant Other and pool...

Tom_In_Cincy
02-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I saw Wally playing a playoff match tonite for the 14.1 post season tournament.. He won.. but he failed to tell me he had 'popped' the question.. some friend.. huh... I have to learn by reading his post to the ladies of CCB.

His future wife is a sweety. She has to be to put up with the big lug..

Congrats Wally.. I expect an invitation..

CarolNYC
02-16-2003, 05:15 AM
Hey Heide,
Lets see...my brothers in the subways dressed like a spaceman testing our air,my two older daughters are doing great in College and my youngest has been selected to compete in a city Math contest(it seems shes gifted in Math-she got 100 on her report card:),I saved my dog from an attack by a stray,my house trembled last Sunday due to demolitions of buildings in Jersey,a waiter who served me and Fran was arrested for terrorist ties,someone I thought I knew is on the lam from the Secret Service!
All-in-all, we're doing fine-dont worry about us,you just hang in there and keep posting those wonderful updates:)
Carol~thinks about the Cass family EVERDAY! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
02-16-2003, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Glad you're doing well, too. Please tell Scott hello from us. I talked with him last night, what a great guy!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

I will sure say hi for you. Scott is coming to md for a few days after VF. I know he is giving lessons to a number of folks here.

blu

socrates
02-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted on Chris's progress. Glad to hear things are going well.

Myself I am doing great. A beautiful morning like today with the snow and the sun out does wonders for the spirits.

Hopefully, you can get Chris near a window.

Take care.

Karatemom
02-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Chris hates the snow. He'd rather look outside and see sun and green grass. Now that would be an incentive to come home.

Never did make it up to the ph yesterday. Were you there? How'd the tourney go? I got hooked on this computer and then one of my sister-in-laws called. Busy, busy, busy.

Take care.

Heide