PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Williams,Fran Crimi.......................

02-15-2003, 01:19 PM
I recently started reading posts on ccb,I find it kind of neat to see the pro's posting on this forum and chatting with us,I wish more of them did.If charlie feels the other pros don"t because of the negative responses they get from ''us''he rubs elbows with them he should know!Lets give them the respect they deserve,if you think about it,these pros are taking time to answer your questions and we should admire them for that.Lets try to get more posts from the pros on here by showing the ones who do some respect. thank you Ron

landshark1002000
02-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi Ron:
Thanks for posting.
I agree that we all should be respectful in our discussions. Every opinion deserves to be heard and derogatory replies are just being rude unnecessarily.
That being said, there is still plenty of room for diversity. That's why many of us come here. To hear a variety of ideas in a forum.
Within this diversity there is also room for reasonable judgements. The forum is for ideas -- not commerce. I don't come here to shop for garage sale items either.
Personally, I prefer this forum to many others. It has many great and easy to use features (and the discussions are pretty good too).
Perhaps the administrators could provide a simple way to separate commerce from conversation.
--Ted from Phoenix

SRpool
02-16-2003, 02:44 AM
hello everyone. i think more of the pros should post here. Charlie says he is busy, which i am sure is true and fran is always hanging out. I try to post as often as possible when my computer decides to cooperate. Melissa Herndon posts every once in a while. If some of them are worried about things being said about them they should just know it is opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Things have been said about me but if it is something out of line it is easy to clear up. that is my opinion.

02-16-2003, 03:10 AM
I would like to see more Pro players that have won more then one Tourny reply ? [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

bluewolf
02-16-2003, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> hello everyone. i think more of the pros should post here. Charlie says he is busy, which i am sure is true and fran is always hanging out. I try to post as often as possible when my computer decides to cooperate. Melissa Herndon posts every once in a while. If some of them are worried about things being said about them they should just know it is opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Things have been said about me but if it is something out of line it is easy to clear up. that is my opinion. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for posting Sarah. I think i saw one of your posts before.

blu

Voodoo Daddy
02-16-2003, 08:33 AM
I hate to see Fran and Charlie's name collide in the same sentance, two totally different agenda's. Just me voicin' out!!

eg8r
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently started reading posts on ccb... these pros are taking time to answer your questions ...<hr /></blockquote> I really think you need to use the search engine and not lump all pros into the same category. Just go back two weeks and prior and tell me how many posts you will find from Charlie and he is answering a question.

On the other hand, I do not believe one single iota, that Fran comes on the board to answer questions. I personally believe Fran comes to the board to hang out and socialize. If a question is asked in general or directly aimed at her she will reply and that is the reward for having her here. There are a couple others that post also.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
02-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Your not welcome here ALPHA, I'm on a mission to have you banned. Your past haunts you now.....

Kato
02-17-2003, 08:22 AM
The ability to be anonymous makes it difficult for those we'd like to speak to and ask questions of these pro's. Fran has been a member of our community since long before me and yet we pound on her relentlessly (I say we not to try and single people out). We should count our lucky stars she's willing to come back time and time over. Surely any pro could come on and answer questions for us. All they would need to do is not log in as "KoreanDragon" or "The Pearl" or "The Cannon" they could log in under "Jim-Bob" or "Nancy" and give advice. We wouldn't know they were pro's but at least they could give back anyway. Of course we should be more courteous to the pro's as not to chase them off. Then again, they shouldn't pound us with their own personal agenda's.

There are 2 sides. We should be courteous, they should be professional and not push their agenda's. We want them around and they need us to spend our money. It should be win/win.

Kato~~~then again, what do I know?

9 Ball Girl
02-17-2003, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Of course we should be more courteous to the pro's as not to chase them off. <hr /></blockquote>

I certainly agree. I also agree that we should be courteous to everyone, Pro or Non Pro. JMO

Wendy~~snowed in and suffering from pool practice withdrawal on her day off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif