PDA

View Full Version : Should I marry this woman?

Wally_in_Cincy
02-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Actually I have already asked her. Have not set a date.

She's an APA skill level 5. She is a deadeye shotmaker and has really good cue ball control when playing up close. Not so great when moving the CB long distances.

Not much of a draw stroke. I rarely see her draw more than a foot or two.

A pretty good banker, probably makes about 60% of attempts.

Safety play is a concern. She's not really incorporated that into her game as much as I would like to see. She's more likely to go for a tough shot and miss it. Playing on our Monday night team has helped a lot. Our captain is a master of safety play.

Oh well, I love her a lot and we get along very well. The only thing we ever argue about is pool physics and pool strategy. She has yet to discover the fact that I know it all /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Wish me well.

ok, later,

Wally in the Natti

Karatemom
02-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Yes, without a doubt, you should marry this woman. How often do you find a woman that can even hold a cue much less be able to shoot with one! If that's all you argue about, then it sounds to me like you'll be together for a long time. Congratulations and good luck!!!!

Heide

Rich R.
02-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Wally, you say she is an APA SL-5.
She can't be all bad.
I say go for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Luck.

bluewolf
02-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Gosh Wally!! Sounds like you struk gold!!

blu

nAz
02-15-2003, 06:53 PM
DUDE! Congrats!

if she stay a 5 or better by the danger day (wedding) Marry her!
but be sure to sign a pre nup stating that if she drops below a % you option to dateother women.... hmm then you sign one saying you cant drop below a 6, happy marrage /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
02-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Wally,
I am going to print this out and send it to that 'woman'. She ought to know exactly what you are conjourning up with the little test you have given us..

Lots of Luck.. and remember.. never give lessons to a relative.

nAz
02-15-2003, 08:07 PM
your a nice guy TomC haha
make a hell of a wedding present /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snipershot
02-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Congrats, if she likes pool as much as you go for it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, there aren't enough women players out there (yet) so you my friend, shouldn't let this one get away /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
02-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Well Wally most things can be overlooked or a trade off. OMG can't draw the rock?!! Like I said most things but that is some form of criminal offense!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well if you really love her and she promises to work on that draw stroke then it should be ok. You might want to discuss strategy with her though the next time you shoot your balls off and a 3 beats you!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I do wish you well Wally and the Bride to be. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Kato
02-16-2003, 01:26 AM
When you guys match up for the "uhmmmm", who win's?

Kato

02-16-2003, 09:56 AM
she must have some bad points wally , hey if she hasn't , then yes you have my blessing.........go for it

9 Ball Girl
02-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Go for it Wally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Wally, Wally, Don't do it till you have a serious discussion on Tax Cuts For The Rich, LOL.
Just Kidding....Good Luck Wally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Vagabond
02-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Howdy,
Wait till she is promoted to APA 7.BTW, other side of the pond ,Brits call screw for what we call draw shots.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
02-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey Wally!!! Congrats!!!! Listen, talking about it is one BIG step to gettting over it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Happy happy and Congrats!!!

Barbara~~~just back from the nephew's wedding and it was one GREAT TIME!!!!

SPetty
02-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Hi Wally,

I guess you're just too busy nowadays with this significant woman to help us with pool on TV? I darn near missed the pool on TV today!

-- SPetty~~~Guess I'll just have to figure out how to do it myself!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hi Wally,

I guess you're just too busy nowadays with this significant woman to help us with pool on TV? I darn near missed the pool on TV today!

-- SPetty~~~Guess I'll just have to figure out how to do it myself! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">The twilight zone episode must be a remake. Look at the cast. </font color>

Pool on TV-all times EST
===============================
12:00 PM ESPN2 Tuesday, 18
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour final play in Alpine, Cal. (VCR Plus+ 8611012)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:30 AM NICK Wednesday, 19
Brady Bunch The Hustler 30 min. When the Bradys acquire a pool table, Bobby drops all activities in order to become a pool champion. Bobby: Mike Lookinland. Mike: Robert Reed. Mathews: Jim Backus. Mrs. Mathews: Dorothy Shay. Carol: Florence Henderson. (VCR Plus+ 930074)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12:00 PM ESPN2 Wednesday, 19
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour finals in Peoria, Ill. (VCR Plus+ 8515884)
12:00 PM ESPN2 Thursday, 20
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour final action in Albuquerque. (VCR Plus+ 8582556)
12:00 PM ESPN2 Friday, 21
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour in New York City. (VCR Plus+ 8559228)
4:30 AM TNT Monday, 24
Twilight Zone A Game of Pool 30 min. A hustler's dream of playing the world's best pool player comes true, but he must play for the highest stakes---his life. <font color="red"> Jesse: Esai Morales. Fats: Maury Chaykin. Narrator: Robin Ward.</font color> (VCR Plus+ 727057)

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2003, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well Wally most things can be overlooked or a trade off. OMG can't draw the rock?!! Like I said most things but that is some form of criminal offense!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..... <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah that's a tough one to deal with.

Just the other night I played the last match on league night. I had been sitting for 4 hours. The very first shot all I had was a hanger way downtable and had to draw straight back about 5 feet to get to the next shot. I nailed it. She said "How did you do that starting cold?" I said:

<font color="blue">"be smooth, better control, more power, with less effort. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

ok, later

Rod
02-17-2003, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just the other night I played the last match on league night. I had been sitting for 4 hours. The very first shot all I had was a hanger way downtable and had to draw straight back about 5 feet to get to the next shot. I nailed it. She said "How did you do that starting cold?" I said:

"be smooth, better control, more power, with less effort.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Wally,
That is a great shot to pull off comming of the bench cold! I'm glad you find my little saying helpful. I'll say it till my dying breath, ( hack-hack-cough-cough ) you get more with less!

eg8r
02-17-2003, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wally, Wally, Don't do it till you have a serious discussion on Tax Cuts For The Rich, LOL. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, That is definitely a topic of discussion sooner or later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you Gayle for the post, I cannot stop laughing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Stretch
02-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Wally, you dog! Sounds like you found a real keeper. Congradulations to you both. Will there be any little Wally's in the future? St

TomBrooklyn
02-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Wally,
I know your waiting for the married couples tax penalty to be revoked. Just kidding.
Congratulations and best wishes.
Tom

Wally_in_Cincy
02-18-2003, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> Wally, you dog! Sounds like you found a real keeper. Congradulations to you both. Will there be any little Wally's in the future? St <hr /></blockquote>

No. Unless they are grandkids.