PDA

View Full Version : V.F.TABLES--BAD NEWS

Mikey
03-17-2002, 06:58 PM
Got back from V.F. today and I got to tell you, whoever set those tables up did a horrible job. I watched a lot of matches and also played and the tables sucked. The roll was so bad you couldn't play any finese shots and shape? It was tough. Anybody else notice this? Evidently the winners had no problem. The tables downstairs in the gambling room were in better shape--GO FIGURE.-----MIKEY

Gayle in MD
03-18-2002, 07:28 AM
Hi there, just wondered, what kind of tables were used?
Gayle in Md.

Mikey
03-18-2002, 07:58 AM
Hi Gayle, I really didn't pay attention to what brand of table they were, I just figured they were Valley.They must have been in one hellava hurry when they set them up.--Mikey

Rich R.
03-18-2002, 09:02 AM
I believe, for the amateur events, they were Valley tables and they do not get a lot of time to set them up. Remember, Alan Hopkins and his organization rent that facility and the rental clock starts when the space is turned over to him, which includes set-up and tear down-time. Maybe some one has an exact time, but my guess is that they do not have more than a day or two to set them up. I was told that only the large events in Vegas set up more tables and I believe, if you checked schedules, some of the large APA and BCA events are close together. Therefore, they may not remove the tables in between events.
Also, no matter how bad they are, everyone is playing on the same tables. That makes it as fair as can be. JMHO. Rich R.

Rich R.
03-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Just a little additional information, in case you were not just asking about the amateur events.
The women of the WPBA were paying on Brunswick tables, 9' of course, as usual and the men were playing on Diamond Smart Tables, 9' also. Rich R.

Ken
03-18-2002, 06:19 PM
The APA in May will be using Diamond but the BCA will probably stay with Valley for a while.
Valley Forge next year is going to be Diamond 7 foots. Maybe they can set them up better.
Ken in CT