PDA

View Full Version : Golfing lessons

02-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi this is my first post, well the thing is that when i went out to golf this morning, i got my ass whipped by another member of this site.
what i am asking everyone is "should i start taking golfing lessons? or just procede and batter his face in thus resulting in him being unable to play thus i win"
its a big problem

cheesemouse
02-16-2003, 11:13 AM
VMac,
While I'm not 100% opposed to battering a golf partner I have found that actually beating them at the game is much more painful to them and the recovery period is also normally longer; I would atleast try the golf lessons before I jumped him on the first tee box with an all out physical attack....maybe that's just me...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fasteddie
02-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Vmac maybe you should just accept that this guy is better,find another sport that you are more gifted at.On the other hand just wrap your six iron round his head and get some anger management classes rather than golf lessons.

TomBrooklyn
02-16-2003, 01:47 PM
VMac:
I would suggest getting therapy from a good pyschiatrist, or embarking on a self help program designed to revamp your whole life. =TB

02-16-2003, 03:22 PM
If i was to use a golf stick as an implement to damage his temple , i would,nt be messing around with a silly 6 iron as you mentioned , i would be using a number 1 wood in the style of a Fort William shinty defender hoping to get his first strike on gaol when he is only 2 yards out!!!!!!Get the message........p.s there is nothing wrong with my temmper by the way!!!!!!!!

wolfdancer
02-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Try www.golfspan.com/ (http://www.golfspan.com/) or www.thegolfchannel.com/ (http://www.thegolfchannel.com/) for some free instructional videos

wolfdancer
02-20-2003, 08:21 PM
I've found that there are very few good instructors..hey, just like in pool. But there is a wealth of instruction available for free on the internet... and unlike pool, sometimes just correcting one flaw in your setup, can lower your score, since there are bigger muscles involved, and a wider margin of error, until you get to that 6 ft putt, to win the skin. ....but letting a pool player beat you...that's gotta hurt

snipershot
02-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Hi VMac, in my opinion rearranging his upper body with a blunt object (doesn't have to be a golf club!) would be cheaper, faster, and much more satisfying /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
02-24-2003, 08:09 AM
I had a fellow that I played 100 to 40 all the time quit playing pool and took up golf within 3 years was a scratch golfer. He didn't know my golfing past so when I ran into him on the 10 hole of our local course and asked for 4 strokes for $20 he jumped at the bet. On the tee at the par four 18 hole he needed a hole in one and I had to bogey for him to tie. HE kept telling me to get that grin off my face you hustled me.####