PDA

View Full Version : Vive La Femme!

L.S. Dennis
02-16-2003, 10:44 AM
I was just browsing through and old Billiard Digest issue (April 1992) entitled Vive La Femme. In it were some great stories and wonderful photographs about women in billiards and the contributions they've made to this sport over the years.

The photos included one of Lori Jon shooting a trick shot at age 6! Photos also included great pictures of Ruth McGinnis, Masako Katsura (the great 3 cushion player from Japan) Dorothy Wise who was my personal friend and mentor and Jean Balukas. Last but certainly not least is a picture of Fran Crimi, Great picture Fran!

Just the other night at California Billiards in Sunnyvale Ca. I wathed a young local girl who's been turning a lot of heads of late with her level of play. Her name is Michelle Rakin, great player and I hope to see more of her in the future.

If anyone still has this old issue of Billiards Digest laying around dig it out and check out some of the stuff I mentioned. I think you'll enjoy it!

L.S. Dennis
02-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Oh I almost forgot to mention, there's even a picture of Ralf Souquet with hair in that issue!!!

Rod
02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I have a few old Pool and Billiards magazines from the 80's, boy do those people look different then. Of course so did I.