PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, But New Jersey Is Closed.

Barbara
02-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Actually, just south NJ. But the state of Delaware has been closed and I95 has been shut down.

This storm came about 12 hours earlier than predicted and won't let up intil tomorrow night. They're predicting 20 inches. And it's so cold outside - single digits, that the snow is like confectioner's sugar - really light and fluffy - a skier's dream!!

So I'm all snuggled up with my laptop and doing some baking. Got the wood stove cranked and the fridge is stocked with *beverages*. Pool on ESPN all afternoon.

Doesn't get much better than this!

Barbara~~~and hubby's doing the shoveling this time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay, so I'll help a little...

dg-in-centralpa
02-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Here in Lebanon,Pa, we're expecting 24 inches. Looks like I won't have to work tomorrow and can get some much needed practice time in. Right now the wind chill is 1 degree. I have plenty of "antifreeze" in the fridge this time. I'm ready to party! Have fun!

bluewolf
02-16-2003, 04:53 PM
We in Dc are in the 18-24 in zone, but it seems like we already have that much and it is still coming strong. There is a 3 ft drift on top on ray's car. The county kind of sw of us where I work looks like it will be getting at least 2 feet. Kind of exciting isnt it. I know my northern dogs are having a blast.

blu

9 Ball Girl
02-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Yup, I'm in baking mode too. Brownies! I missed pool on ESPN but was in a pool hall and occasionally glanced over at their Big Screen. We decided to leave before we got snowed in!

Voodoo Daddy
02-17-2003, 05:32 AM
Finally/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif...they closed NJ? What took so long /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif? HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA <ducking Barbara's flailing hands>

02-17-2003, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Actually, just south NJ. But the state of Delaware has been closed and I95 has been shut down.

This storm came about 12 hours earlier than predicted and won't let up intil tomorrow night. They're predicting 20 inches. And it's so cold outside - single digits, that the snow is like confectioner's sugar - really light and fluffy - a skier's dream!!

So I'm all snuggled up with my laptop and doing some baking. Got the wood stove cranked and the fridge is stocked with *beverages*. Pool on ESPN all afternoon.

Doesn't get much better than this!

Barbara~~~and hubby's doing the shoveling this time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay, so I'll help a little... <hr /></blockquote>

These are two of the busier roads and ther is NO traffic!!!! Usually there is light/medium traffic even in the DEAD of night!!!

http://www.nj.com/cgi-bin/redirect2.cgi?URL=%2Ftraffic%2Fcams%2Findex.ssf%3F scudrsml&amp;submit.x=29&amp;submit.y=8

Barbara
02-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Well, Pete's started digging us out. Officially we got 20" and we're expectd to get 8" more today. There's a blizzard moving north from DE that's supposed to hit us around 3 pm.

I told Pete if he can find my car in the driveway, he can keep it. Right now, there's just a lump of snow. His truck bed is full of snow and there probably would've been a bunch more if the 30 mph winds were't blowing so hard.

Last time it snowed like this was back in '96 and Pete and I got stuck in Miami for three days. It was plenty cold in Miami, too - 60 degrees during the days and down to 45 at night. Luckily we got stuck with our pool cues on us and I got to meet Mario Cruz at a pool hall not too far from where Voodoo treated us all to dinner that Saturday.

Barbara~~~Voodoo knows the BEST places to eat.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
02-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Voodoo, you're gonna make it up here sometime and when you do.... !!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Barbara

TomBrooklyn
02-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Hi Barbara:
It's 10:30am, Brooklyn has about 12 inches now, and it's still coming on strong. We're right at the northern edge of the band expected to get up to 18 inches. It is a winter wonderland out there for sure. A couple of the TV networks are doing full time storm coverage. Well, I'm going to make some hot cocco and go out and shovel the sidewalk again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif =Tom

Rich R.
02-17-2003, 10:13 AM
The end is near Barbara.
As of now, it finally stopped snowing in my area and I believe we are suppose to be finished with it, except for a few flurries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think we are officially close to 30", the largest snow fall in recorded history of this area.
I have a small snow blower and the piles are so high, it can no longer blow the snow over them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
What is worse than the snow, is when the plow comes through and seals off the driveway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Now they say the wind is going to pick up and there will be a lot of drifting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Take some breaks from shoveling and stay warm.

Barbara
02-17-2003, 01:41 PM
I just got done shoveling and it's snowing/sleeting again.

We literally had to dig my car out. The snow was as high as the windows and up to the hood. Then where to put all the fricking snow!

Looks like I won't be going anywhere for a couple days.

Barbara~~~ooooo, my aching elbow....

Barbara
02-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Sorry Rich, but we're still gonna get a couple more inches up here with severe winds.

But I see that it has moved out of your area. Lucky you!!

Barbara

Rich R.
02-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Barbara, we got it first, therefore, we get rid of it first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif From the weather maps, it looks like it is traveling right up I-95. Just keep in mind, the end is near.

Does anyone want a very large snow cone? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rod
02-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Barbara,
Not that this has anything to do with shoveling snow, sorry about that. New Jersey being closed reminds me of a christmas song. It is about Santa flying across the US in his sled with Rudolph and the gang. While flying he passes over Clevland and says Cleveland is closed! I heard it a few times one year, several years ago, and haven't heard it since. I don't have a clue who did that but it was amusing.

~~~ rod, is happy without a snow shovel /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
02-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Well... the reports are in that Boston got 27.5". I think that's the most ever for them. I'm in a relatively higher elevation, and usually get more snow than any other town in Mass. except for the one town north of me. Not this time though. I got off easy...

Fred &lt;~~~ only got 20" of the white stuff