PDA

View Full Version : 1 Hole Fix

Chris Cass
03-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone,
I just recently started playing 1 hole in the past yr. maybe 7 mths. I can't get over how I felt today. I went to the ph and found nobody that would play. I felt I needed to play so bad and can't wait to play some 1 hole again. I've never had it this bad. I played one kid some 9 Ball, just for fun. For me that is, he didn't have any fun.

I asked if he played 1 pocket and he replied, I played it once or twice. Not wanting to play anyone who was not a threat, even if I had the shakes. Does anyone out there share the same feeling? It's horrible, can't wait for tommorow and hope my dog is there to yip some 1 pocket.
Hopelessly Addicted,
C.C.~~Help...

cheesemouse
03-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Chris,
I've always believed I could pick out the one-hole addicts when they played nineball. They were the ones who's feet would come off the ground on straight in dead stop shots. Never been addicted to one-hole but think it is a great game. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
03-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Chris, at one time I loved to play 1-p. I guess I still do but in my area no one plays, without a long drive. It's a great game and I love to annoy people with c/b control and horrible leaves. Of course I've been on the receiving end.
14-1 is another game I loved to play, but few play it either. Speaking of that I went to the ph the other day, set up a break shot and decided to run a number. I noticed the balls were not real clean. I hit the side of the rack and whitie bounces back then hooks around and scratches in the other corner. The balls hardly separated. I set it up again and nearly did it twice, still poor separation.
On further inspection, these balls were filthy. You know, like someone had lunch and played pool. Fries, mustard, ketchup and never used a napkin. Crap that pi$$ed me off, and I took the balls back. She offered another table, but I passed. There GC 3's and all the slates are popped. I hate driving long distance to play, but I may have to. Well anyway that won't help you, good luck on finding a game.

03-18-2002, 12:37 AM
Hi Chris,
I sure wish we lived closer, I'd love to help you curb your 1-hole fix. The last guy I played one-hole swore he would never play the #$%@ game again /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif (and it was for ice water BTW).

Chris Cass
03-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Hi Cheese,
The only time my foot comes off the ground is on my 9 ball break. One hole for me put the bank back in my 9 ball game, not that I need to bank much in that but it helps on those 1 ball safes. I like 9 ball but I like the challenge of a new game.
Regards,
C.C.~~goes for the Cheesemouse...lol

03-18-2002, 06:00 AM
Hey guys,Make the trip to Pa and you can find any game you want.The rooms around here have people playing all games.We were'nt big on 1-pocket til about 2 years ago ,but thats fixed now.on any given day I get games playing 14.1,1-P,9-ball,snooker,and billiards in the rooms with tables.I'd get sick only playing 1 game all the time.My game jumped a few levels just playing something different everyday,and it keeps you interested......Later.....Gerry

Chris Cass
03-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Hi Gerry,
I have a close friend and road dog of mine that lives out in PA. Haven't seen him for 16 yrs. his name is Joe Utz. He played excellent pool. I met him in GA. while in the service, we were both stationed at FT. Stewart around the later part of 86.
Regards,
C.C.~~wondering.....

Troy
03-18-2002, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Chris, at one time I loved to play 1-p. I guess I still do but in my area no one plays, without a long drive. It's a great game and I love to annoy people with c/b control and horrible leaves. Of course I've been on the receiving end.
14-1 is another game I loved to play, but few play it either. Speaking of that I went to the ph the other day, set up a break shot and decided to run a number. I noticed the balls were not real clean. I hit the side of the rack and whitie bounces back then hooks around and scratches in the other corner. The balls hardly separated. I set it up again and nearly did it twice, still poor separation.
On further inspection, these balls were filthy. You know, like someone had lunch and played pool. Fries, mustard, ketchup and never used a napkin. Crap that pi$$ed me off, and I took the balls back. She offered another table, but I passed. There GC 3's and all the slates are popped. I hate driving long distance to play, but I may have to. Well anyway that won't help you, good luck on finding a game. <hr></blockquote>

Why couldn't she just trade balls ??? Oh yea, balls assigned to a table. I will never understand why a set of balls is assigned to a table no matter what.

Troy

Chris Cass
03-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi Scott,
Did I mention Voodoo is giving me 9-7 and the breaks? Although I would take great pleasure in meeting you. I'm not all that good in 1 hole. I would however like to be able to play you and Troy, Rod, The Cinci boys, Grady, Ken(on honeymoon), Jay M., RJ, Leonard also but I'm still in diapers. LOL
Thanks for the offer and the info,
C.C.

Kato
03-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Wait a minute!!!!!!!!!! He offered to play me even and I had to give the breaks!!!!!!!!! I can never get a fair game with anyone.

Kato~~~needs 12-3 and the breaks to have a chance with Voodoo (and that's just 9-ball)

03-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Chris,I don't know that name, but I can ask around and see if anyone has heard of him. I'm in the burbs of Phily. Funny thing is there is a local potato chip co. named Utz. Great chips....maybe your bud gave up pool and went into the snack biz?:)...........Gerry

03-18-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi Chris, If you are still in diapers I am not yet out of the womb /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif I guess I should have elaborated about the "last guy". We were playing 14:1 for a few hours and he was keeping me planted in the chair. I asked him if He wanted to play some 1-hole and he was reluctant. He finally agreed 'cause he knew I really liked the game. He said he didn't have the patience for such a game (and he's in his early-mid fifties) and didn't play it too often. After scores of 8-1 8-2 8-0 8-1 8-2, he got frustrated that this "kid" he was just pounding in 14:1 was schooling him in 1-pocket.
BTW I am nowhere near the same speed as "Voodoo, Leonard, or Grady, and I still need the 7 from you! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
03-19-2002, 05:00 AM
Well, I finally got to play some 1 hole today and feel relieved. I played a guy 10-5 with the breaks and won 5 games and he won one. We played $5.00 a game. The only action I could get in the entire place with only 3 1/2 hrs to play.

I ended up $20.00 up and he was quiting. I told him wait, I hate to take your money so lets play for the $20.00. One game either I win or you get even. He looks at me and says, the only way I'll play you is 11-4 and the break. I said that's robbery. I said I don't mind giving you a chance to get even but 11-4, I should get the break. He said come on Chris, I only have $40.00 left. I agreed and ended up losing 8-4. I played a great safety and and left him in the jaws on the head rail with one possible cut in his pocket only Houdini could make. Sure enough he made it. The best shot he made all day.

I ended up losing and he said to me. Chris, I gotta give it to you, you've got heart. I said, yeh all heart and no brains. Thanks for all the nice replies. Wish someone said Don't do it Chris....lol

Regards,
C.C.~~think I had enough for one day.LOL

Kato
03-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Chris, Voodoo plays good one hole but not like Grady or Varner. Also, I don't think you should give that weight. It's a bad game. Don't fall for that sob story.

Kato~~~+needs 14-2 and the breaks against C.C.

JimS
03-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Looks to me like a guy had a really fun morning and it didn't cost squat. How bad is that?

Chris Cass
03-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Kato,
Who's Grady? Now as far as Voodoo shoot's 1 hole. Guess you didn't see his scores with the last tournament. Strong, Very Strong.

Now, to get down to reality. You need 12-2? With the snaps? I have a better idea. Why don't I just send you all my money and save the drive.

Regards, your loyal friend,
C.C.~~I didn't fall for a sob story. Only, seen a way to double my money. If would have won, I would have loaned him back the money at a small 20% rate. LOL per mth.LOL tax exclude LOL holding his cell phone as deposit. LOL

Voodoo Daddy
03-21-2002, 09:52 AM
Wow Chris...your kid musta kicked you brain out the side of your head. Who's Grady?...HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not in the same area code as that man on a pool table. Whats this 12-3/13-3 crap...you spottin' me more like it!!!

Voodoo...in search of pretty women, good action and Kato

Chris Cass
03-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Voodoo,
Just goofing with RJ. He's the nutz. LOL Grady? Just kidding again, just rubbing some salt in for the Fla tourney comment he made but I know he's the Master one hole man. Don't even try to down play your 1 hole game. I may be a sucker but I'm a smart sucker. LOL Is there such a thing?

First your surrounded by pretty women. Second, your surrounded by action. I can't help you with Kato though, he's out looking for ankles to chomp on. LOL Please get him off mine. LMAO Kato wants C.C. $ bad, real bad....The guy's getting killer instinct quick and I'm scared.

Great to see your post,
C.C.~~thinking of Kato sniffing ankles of every woman in Fla. LOLLOLLOLLOL

Kato
03-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Ok, sounds like a fair proposition to me. I sure do hope you've got lots of $$$$$$. Make sure you keep enough for the mortgage, food, and KarateKid's classes.

Kato~~~helps his friends out as much as possible.