PDA

View Full Version : Pooll hall Junk commercial

nAz
02-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Just saw it for the first time ran for about 5 sec. guess they could not afford any more air time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cycopath
02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
What channel?

nAz
02-19-2003, 06:30 PM
FOX channel five

Bob
02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
It was on Fox 32 Chicago around 7 pm, it was about 5 seconds. Chicago has a screening Feb 20th at Pipers Alley for a few select people. Then it is to be released by the 28th.. We'll see what happens

dave
02-19-2003, 09:00 PM
I saw it last night during a break in the Letterman show. (In the Chicagoland area)

9 Ball Girl
02-19-2003, 09:10 PM
5 seconds, 2 seconds...whatever. I saw the promo too and I was drooling!

nAz
02-19-2003, 10:10 PM
relax wendy relax

CRATER59
02-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Greetings,
I hope everyone is not setting themselves up for dissapointment concerning this movie. From the promotional pictures it does not appear that any of the characters really know how to hold a cue or even get down properly on a shot. And the story line sounds complicated and hokey. I do like the idea of having Christopher Walken acting in it. He seems like he could pull off a pool room hustler/gambler/backer role. Well, before anyone has to write back saying it, I'll just have to shut up and wait for it to come around.

Thanks

L.S. Dennis
02-20-2003, 02:57 PM
From all the people who have already seen it, and evidently there's quite a few they say that aside from the foul language it's pretty good! Somewhere between The Color OF Money and The Hustler. Here in California they showed a sneak showing of it at one of our better pool rooms at 2:30 in the morning. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it.

Brent
02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Just dont get ur hopes up too much guys.

Brent has it on VHS /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cycopath
02-20-2003, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr>Brent has it on VHS<hr /></blockquote>The commercial or the movie?

Icon of Sin
02-20-2003, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Greetings,
I hope everyone is not setting themselves up for dissapointment concerning this movie. From the promotional pictures it does not appear that any of the characters really know how to hold a cue or even get down properly on a shot. And the story line sounds complicated and hokey. I do like the idea of having Christopher Walken acting in it. He seems like he could pull off a pool room hustler/gambler/backer role. Well, before anyone has to write back saying it, I'll just have to shut up and wait for it to come around.

Thanks
<hr /></blockquote>

Have you seen any of the trailers? Have you Heard any of the reviews? There is no way this will be a disappointment to our pool community.

Rod
02-20-2003, 09:54 PM
From what I've seen my opinion is very similar to yours. Will just have to wait and see but I'm not going to rush out to view it.

Rod

02-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Anything with Walken in it is worth the price of admission. In my best Walken/Dead Zone voice: "You're gonna go see this movie, you're gonna spend $10 on a soda and junior mints. You're gonna wonder why Rickey Schroder changed his name to Rick. It's not too late...

AzHousePro
02-21-2003, 06:59 PM
I have seen the movie and it is fun. It isn't The Hustler by any means. I don't really think it is even The Color of Money, but it is fun. It certainly has the 'star power' to draw some people to see it.

I think it all depends on what people are expecting. If you are expecting the second coming of The Hustler, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a movie that does something positive to bring attention to the game of 9-ball and draw some more people into the pool hall, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Mike

nAz
02-21-2003, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AzHousePro:</font><hr> I have seen the movie and it is fun. It isn't The Hustler by any means. I don't really think it is even The Color of Money, but it is fun. It certainly has the 'star power' to draw some people to see it.

I think it all depends on what people are expecting. If you are expecting the second coming of The Hustler, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a movie that does something positive to bring attention to the game of 9-ball and draw some more people into the pool hall, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Mike <hr /></blockquote>

only 9Ball? you mean theres no 3 Cushion game in the movie? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brent
02-22-2003, 03:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr>Brent has it on VHS<hr /></blockquote>The commercial or the movie? <hr /></blockquote>

The Movie ofcourse.

Ludba
02-22-2003, 10:11 AM
"You're gonna go see this movie, you're gonna spend $10 on a soda and junior mints. You're gonna wonder why Rickey Schroder changed his name to Rick."

lol That's classic. Every time Walken speaks, he freaks me out.