PDA

View Full Version : A-1 Discount Cues...

Predator314
02-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Has anyone ordered from these guys? A-1 Discount Pool Cues (http://www.discountpoolcues.com)

I was wondering what kind of service they offered. They have a pretty good price on a cue that I've been eyeing. Plus I can get an Additional 10% off if I don't take the free sneaky pete or case.

nbts8x5
02-20-2003, 08:04 PM
I ordered a cue from A-1 Discount Cues, but I would not order from them again. I placed the order over the internet, and after a couple weeks of not hearing anything from them, I called their 800 number. I got an answering machine, and left a message for them to contact me, but still no contact from them for a couple more weeks. I had given up on the order all together, and was a bit nervous about them having my credit card number. Finally, I received a call from them saying they had been having problems with their shopping cart software, and they appologized for the delay. Well, I don't think their voice mail would have been affected by their shopping cart software. Anyway, they did ship the cue I ordered, which was not an expensive one (Cuetec). I really don't want to bad mouth any business, but I think this was very unprofessional. Hope this helps.

Ricky

Predator314
02-21-2003, 07:11 AM
That's about enough for me. I want someone I'll be able to get ahold of if I have problems with my order.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites to order from? I'm eyeballing a Predator Cue and I am seriously thinking of ordering it. I won a Predator Break cue auction from eBay yesterday. The guy was very prompt shipping it. I got my UPS confirmation almost immediately. The same guy has the other Predator cue I want on eBay. If all goes well, I'll just get it from there since it's $1 cheaper than all the other places I've seen and they throw in a free case and some other stuff.

02-21-2003, 07:52 AM
While I haven't ordered cues from them, I've ordered several other things from billiardfanatic.com. Their prices are usually very good, and shipment is fast. They do have a few website "misprints" sometimes, so read carefully. I can't comment on their support or customer service, because I haven't needed it yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For what it's worth...

David

bluewolf
02-21-2003, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> That's about enough for me. I want someone I'll be able to get ahold of if I have problems with my order.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites to order from? I'm eyeballing a Predator Cue and I am seriously thinking of ordering it. I won a Predator Break cue auction from eBay yesterday. The guy was very prompt shipping it. I got my UPS confirmation almost immediately. The same guy has the other Predator cue I want on eBay. If all goes well, I'll just get it from there since it's $1 cheaper than all the other places I've seen and they throw in a free case and some other stuff. <hr /></blockquote>

Congrat on your break cue auction. I have the bk and love it. I also have the pred sneaky pete. It hits very nice also.

Laura

Predator314
02-21-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm looking at getting a Predator 2 cue. I played with one the other night and it hits so good. I tried to buy it right then, but the guy that was letting me use it would not part with it. It's not a fancy looking cue, but who cares. It's awesome. I guess I might have to retire my trusty Helmstetter.

bluewolf
02-21-2003, 09:37 AM
I think that it is a great cue. I ran into a guy at a pool school that my husband was taking who uses it. He raved about it. Also, Charlie Williams (pool school) uses the preditor exclusively.

I do not want to come off biased, but as far as production cues go, I really do believe that preditor is one of the best.

Laura

Predator314
02-21-2003, 09:43 AM
I started to play with a Predator shaft about 2 years ago. It made a world of difference (once I got used to it).

I have heard some really good shots say that they cannot play with a Predator shaft though.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-21-2003, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr>
....Does anyone have any suggestions for good websites to order from? .... <hr /></blockquote>

I've used http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/ and www.hawleys.com (http://www.hawleys.com) and had good luck with both.

griffith_d
02-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Only goto Seybert's,... and have good service. I have ordered a couple times.
Griff

John in NH
02-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Hi Predator314,

I've never played with a predator, I can't comment on them one way or another but I have ordered from a website that sells predator cues and have been very satisfied with the service that I have received. The name of the website is shooters billiards (WWW.shootersbilliards.com).

Regards,

John

L.S. Dennis
02-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Qustion, every add I see for the Preditor 314 shafts are for a shaft diameter of 12.75 only. Do they also come in 13.mm shafts as well?

02-21-2003, 12:14 PM
I second Seybert's as the place for Predator, they are the #1 Predator cue dealer in the world.

As far as the shafts... Seyberts offers the standard 12.75 as well as custom diameters of 12.50 and 12.25 for an additional $35.00.