PDA

View Full Version : Target Pool

02-20-2003, 10:07 PM
FYI, there is a Target Pool available currently on Ebay, i just purchased on and look forward to "yousing" it.

honky

cycopath
02-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking for one of those.

L.S. Dennis
02-21-2003, 07:05 PM
If you have the dicipline to practice with that game you'll see a marked improvement in your game. Is E-Bay the only place you can find that game now?

cycopath
02-21-2003, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> If you have the dicipline to practice with that game you'll see a marked improvement in your game. Is E-Bay the only place you can find that game now? <hr /></blockquote>Seyberts use to list it, but I'd see it there anymore.

bluewolf
02-21-2003, 07:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> If you have the dicipline to practice with that game you'll see a marked improvement in your game. Is E-Bay the only place you can find that game now? <hr /></blockquote>

Apparently. Someone found one on ebay and told me and I just got it. I was looking forward to it because I heard that it would help me with my game.

Laura

02-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Target Pool is no longer being produced, and none of the retailers can get more stock. It is definitely a great practice aid, I wonder why it was dropped. Maybe Kim Davenport was worried he was creating too much competition? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, eBay is about the only place to find 'em anymore. Apparently a couple of people bought out some stock somewhere because the same guy has been selling them brand new on eBay one at a time (the same guy honky bought from). Don't know how many more he has, but he has steadily been increasing the starting bid and Buy-It-Now price since I've been watching. He's been getting between $30 and $42 for it (I think it originally sold for $24.99).

I bought a used one on eBay some months ago, and it was fully intact and useable, but was owned by an instructor who taught in a PH and it absolutely *reeks* of cigarette smoke. I hate the smell, and hate rubbing it all over my new Simonis. I've been looking for another, and am bidding on one right now on eBay. Hopefully I can get a new one before they disappear for good.

David

teen1216
02-21-2003, 09:40 PM
I saw one of these Target Pool things on eBay, but I am not quite sure what it does. It appears to be a target with a manual. Can anyone explain how this is used?

02-21-2003, 11:17 PM
It comes with 2 targets (a full target and a half target), scoresheets, and a manual of drills. For different drills you setup the target and balls in specified places on the table, then shoot the shot with the goal of leaving the cueball on the target bullseye. It's great for position practice. You can play alone and track your improvement, or compete with a friend for high score.

David

L.S. Dennis
02-21-2003, 11:58 PM
It is great for position play practice. I've always said that if you had to have only 2 sources for position play practice they should Target Pool and the little book entitled 'Position Play For High Runs' by Johnny Holiday.

The latter deals with position play for straight pool mainly but it's still great practice for controlling the cue ball!

Glad I still have my copy of Target Pool

cycopath
02-22-2003, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr>I bought a used one on eBay some months ago, and it was fully intact and useable, but was owned by an instructor who taught in a PH and it absolutely *reeks* of cigarette smoke. I hate the smell, and hate rubbing it all over my new Simonis. I've been looking for another, and am bidding on one right now on eBay.<hr /></blockquote>If you win this one on eBay will you give me a chance to buy yours? I wouldn't like the cigarette smell either, but I'd like to have my own Target Pool game.

02-22-2003, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>If you win this one on eBay will you give me a chance to buy yours? I wouldn't like the cigarette smell either, but I'd like to have my own Target Pool game. <hr /></blockquote>Well, I have a buddy who smokes, and I was going to give him first dibs, but if he doesn't want it I'll let you know.

David