PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from Scott Lee

griffith_d
02-20-2003, 10:18 PM
This may be a redundant question, who has taken lessons from Scott Lee?

How much did you learn, did you like his style, did you follow what he said and did you find it worthwhile(nothing to do with the cost of the lesson) in the education you received. Did your level of play increase afterwards.

Scott seems like a very sincere person who likes to teach and was just wondering what people thought.

Griff

bluewolf
02-21-2003, 01:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> This may be a redundant question, who has taken lessons from Scott Lee?

How much did you learn, did you like his style, did you follow what he said and did you find it worthwhile(nothing to do with the cost of the lesson) in the education you received. Did your level of play increase afterwards.

Scott seems like a very sincere person who likes to teach and was just wondering what people thought.

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

Scott is fabulous!!! A great instructor and a great guy!!! He is very good at pool, trick shots and when I took from him, he mostly worked with me on fundamentals. With my husband who is more advanced, he worked on more advanced stuff. We both took 2 hours and got videotapes of out session.

I am getting another scott lesson in the next month. We will be working on different stuff this time and I am pretty excited about that. Once you have met scott he is always your friend and available to answer any questions that come up.

He definately helped me a lot. After my lesson with him I worked hard on my stroke etc and on the drills.

Having a private lesson with such a fine instructor is a wonderful expereince.

Laura

Rich R.
02-21-2003, 05:37 AM
Scott is one of the nicest guys, you would ever want to meet. It is obvious from the start, that he not only knows what he is doing, he loves what he is doing. It is not often, you meet a person that has found their little niche in life and loves what they are doing.

Although I have had only one, two hour, lesson with Scott, I feel the things he taught, and discussed, have helped my game a lot.

In your first lesson, Scott will most likely teach you some drills, as well as other things, to help your game, depending on your skill level. Although I am not really a "drill person", I try to do these drills periodically and they do help.

In fact, I had one of the worst nights imaginable at my league this week. I just wasn't lining up and hitting the cue ball properly. I couldn't make a ball. Last night I did a couple of the most basic drills, from Scott, and I feel like I have, mostly, straightened out the problem. I had gotten away from those drills recently. Getting back to them really helped.

To answer your question about improvement in my level of play, I have to refer to my skill level with my APA league. It is the most reliable measure I have.
When I took my lesson with Scott, I was bouncing up and down between an APA SL-4 and SL-5. I have since moved up to an SL-6. Of course some of the improvement is due to practice, but a good amount is due to Scott and the KISS method. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think from this, you should have gotten the idea that I think lessons with Scott are worthwhile. I can't tell you he is the greatest teacher in the world or any thing like that. I don't know. That is the only professional lesson I have taken. My only regret, is that I have not had the time, when Scott is in town, to take a follow-up lesson.
Can others teach as well as, or better than, Scott? You will have to find that out for yourself. All I can say, is that I enjoyed my time with Scott and found it to be very worthwhile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
02-21-2003, 08:56 AM
Trust me they are worth it. That is ALL that needs to be said.
Ralph S.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-21-2003, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Trust me they are worth it. That is ALL that needs to be said.
Ralph S. <hr /></blockquote>

And a no-questions-asked money back guarantee.

Wally in the Natti~~hoping Scott looks me up before his next trip to Cincy

PQQLK9
02-21-2003, 01:20 PM
I took a lesson from Scott last year and I cannot say enough good things about him and his lessons. I don't think you will regret having Scott as an instructor.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-21-2003, 01:27 PM
The last time Scott visited Cincy, we played about 6 hours. 8 ball, 9 ball, and one pocket.

Scott's skill level at playing these games is much better than a lot of average players. Scott knows how to play and can communicate very effectively.

The only lesson I got that night was practice drills on 'racking' which I must admit, I did learn how to give a better rack, than before he came into town.

Of course, it was loser break. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Scott Lee
02-21-2003, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>
Of course, it was loser break. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Now Tom...You KNOW the guest is supposed to make nice with the host! LOL...just wait 'til next time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

bell
02-21-2003, 08:10 PM
I have taken only one lesson from Scott. Scott was able to dx flaws in my fundamentals in seconds. He rx'd appropriate drills that have really helped my game. For example, I am now a real threat at consistenly winning a lag. He was patient, he is a great communicator, has a sincere love for the game and helping players. I am scheduled for another lesson during his next swing through the Souther California area. There are many great players,and there method of teaching is "do what I do" but Scott is a great teacher and that is an important difference for the student. I hope he will produce a book someday.

Ludba
02-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Had a two-hour lesson with Scott last October. Going to have a full-day when he comes back in April.

zooom101
02-22-2003, 11:29 AM
How much are Scott's Lessons?

Billy

Ludba
02-22-2003, 02:29 PM
You should email him at poolology@aol.com to find out about his prices.

02-22-2003, 04:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote zooom101:</font><hr> How much are Scott's Lessons?

Billy <hr /></blockquote>
$50/hr. Minimum of 2 hrs.

Gayle in MD
02-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Hi there,....On lessons from Scott, don't miss the opportunity friend. I agree with everything in this thread. My game has gone from struggling newbie to beating those with 7 ratings regularly. BTW, he will be in Maryland the week of St Patricks Day, staying at our home, teaching here, and around the metro area. If anyone from CCB is interested in meeting him here at my house for lessons, you are more than welcome to join in the fun! Don't know if Scott and I can survive St Patricks Day together, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.giflol, so this may be your last chance!
Gayle in Md.
PS Any CCBers in the Washington area interested in a friendly little CCB tournament at Jillians near Annapolis Mall, send me a pm.

Gayle in MD
02-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Well, it seems that Scott Lee is afraid to be here at my house on St Patricks day. He is coming a week later. He says he has, ah hem, plans, ah, with a lady friend, for ah, two weeks. HHHHHHHHHMMMMMM, but I think the main reason why he is waiting till St Patricks day is past, is because, well, as they say, "If ya can't hang with the big dogs, get off of the Porch" LMAO... Well, I guess ol' Scott doesn't think he could hang in there on St Patricks day with me, ah, if you know what I mean. And, well, my being half Irish, and half Italian, well, you know, he probably couldn't party with a gal like me since I would have all the celebration of the Irish, mixed in there with all the stamina of the Italians,.... nah, he couldn't have kept up anyway.
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif