PDA

View Full Version : So I'm sitting in Borders yesterday afternoon

Kato
02-21-2003, 09:00 AM
Feeding my 2 addictions, coffee (yesterday was mixture of Peruvian blend 3/4 and Blackberry 1/4) and reading and I realize there are probably a million good coffees I haven't tried. Now my coffee bar is vast and growing every day, Kenyan, Swiss, Peruvian, Columbian, Jamacian, (nothing from Hawaii, Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) but I was wondering if anyone has a favorite for me to try?

Kato~~~picked up a copy of /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifDaredevil yesterday

Candyman
02-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey Kato, Boy do I have the coffee for you to try! I haven't had the nerve yet. It is the most expensive coffee in the world, which holds me back a little, but the bean blending process is a little on the strange side. You may be just the man to pass on your observations to me. After all, you were reading a copy of "daredevil" yesterday. Go to this site. www.ravensbrew.com (http://www.ravensbrew.com) and "kopi luwak" brand. This is so kool. You think there are some nuts on CCB? You have to check this out. Happy Friday. The Candyman.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
LOL . I hope that's a joke.

http://www.ravensbrew.com/media/kopiluwakmovie.gif

Is that like Cheech and Chong's "Labrador" marijuana? LOL

"Yeah man, my dog ate my stash. I had to follow him around for 3 days" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Oh boy, that's some scary stuff. $75 a 1/4 pound?

Kato

nAz
02-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I like Bustelo coffee taste good dose not cost much and its nice and strong.

A few year ago i was traveling in Venezuela and stopped at a snack bar in the middle of nowhere
anyway i had this small cup of black coffee that was so strong that i swear it was laced with cocaine woke me right up!
and didn't give me the runs either /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif wish i new what kind it was.

Rich R.
02-21-2003, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> LOL . I hope that's a joke.<hr /></blockquote>
Although I'm not a coffee drinker, I have heard about this stuff and it is the real deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
02-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's Cuban. Not a big fan of Cuban though in Colata's it's good. We have a place down here called Manhatten's Gourmet Coffee's that makes something called a Chocholate Manhatten with a double shot of expresso. It's coffee, icecream, expresso, whipped cream and little chocholate chips whipped up and it's to die for.

Kato

nAz
02-21-2003, 12:52 PM
I some times drink Arab style coffee, i like it its pretty strong but most people i know don't like the
muddy texture of it. i think they need a better strainer. :}

Candyman
02-21-2003, 01:03 PM
No joke man!!! I just hope the Iraqi's aren't on this stuff. We could be in deep s??T. Go to Yahoo and search Kopi Luwak. People are drinking this stuff. I would be very afraid to ride very far with someone drinking Kopi. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Kato
02-21-2003, 01:04 PM
You ever drink Dominican? It's good stuff. The ex used to have her Mom send it over, love it.

Kato

WaltVA
02-21-2003, 01:49 PM
At $300/lb. for coffee recycled through a Luwak, I think I'll stick to the MH "blue can special", thanks.

Walt in VA - (no appreciation for the finer things in life)

9 Ball Girl
02-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Which Dominican brand? Maybe I can score you some! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
02-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Couldn't tell you honey. Probably doesn't matter. They just sent us some and I thought it was great. Gevalia doesn't offer it and none of the gourmet coffee shops around here have it. Far as I know, Dominican is Dominican. I can always pick it up in Virginia /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

Harold Acosta
02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Kato, send me a PM with your mailing address, I could send you a pound of our Puerto Rican coffee. Two teaspoons per cup of coffee. I know you will love it!

Tom_In_Cincy
02-21-2003, 06:10 PM
JR,
I use to love the hickory flavored coffee from New Orleans.
Rich and thick.
http://www.cafedumonde.com/images/nav.gifhttp://www.cafedumonde.com/images/beignets.gif

Harold Acosta
02-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Kato, sent you the Puerto Rican coffee today. Be ready to open that package before postal inspectors and the Vice Squad! If those dogs get a hold of the smell, they're gon'na go beserk and you'll have some explaining to do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

After all the hassle, you'll have to drink some of that stuff ASAP. It will calm your nerves down! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
02-22-2003, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Kato, send me a PM with your mailing address, I could send you a pound of our Puerto Rican coffee. Two teaspoons per cup of coffee. I know you will love it! <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds yummy!!! Kato, please give us a review once you try it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Gayle in MD
02-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi Kato,
Sometime when you are feeling adventurous, pick up a can of Folgers French Roast Dark or Medium depending on your taste, and to each poured cup add a teaspoon of Hershey's Cocoa, a tablespoon of Bryers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, and a squirt of Ready whip, (Fresh whipped cream with Vanilla and Confectioners sugar is much better if you're not too lazy) and let me know how you like it. You can use the chocolate chips instead of the Cocoa, but the cocoa gives a richer flavor. I wish I knew what the name of the coffee my Italian grand mother used to get from her cousin in Italy. It was too, too! Or maybe I just loved the little Demi cups she used to serve it in, but I've never had anything like it since. Oh, and you can add extra coffee for a richer flavor, but wear your seat belt, lol.
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

02-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Sorry if offend anybody but there are WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many meople in Borders hanging out drinking coffee. Sorry, I don't get it. I could see if people were being social and interacting with each other but they're not. They're just sittin' there reading and guzzlin' java. Why not buy your book, get your coffee to go and go read your book in the privacy of your own home. I just don't get it. Please explain.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Lots of the customers do exactly what you say, buy books or magazines or records, coffee and leave.

Some choose to sit and drink coffee in a very nice atmoshere. They don't stay too long.. the store does have a closing time.

To each their own..

Kato
02-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey Cap. I'm not one of the social butterfly's at the Border's coffee shop. I usually get my coffee and walk around the store for 30 minutes or so. Sure I talk to people but you get that sometimes when you're a fixture (every Sunday morning for 3 years)

Kato~~~coffee addiction...........guilty
reading addiciton..........guilty

Voodoo Daddy
02-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Tap, Tap, Tap... Captain hit it on the head. In all fairness to Kato...he goes to the Bookstore/Coffeehouse/Pick-up joint for all three items. Reads, Cup-a-Joe and smart women...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fred Agnir
02-23-2003, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> but I was wondering if anyone has a favorite for me to try?<hr /></blockquote>
No suggestions here, but in case you haven't already, I'd suggest to buy a couple of good books on coffee. I find the information pretty fascinating. One of my books is a small offering with the very basic information on various beans , roasting methods, and (IMO, most importantly) various brewing styles. The other book is, well, a coffee table sized book.

Fred

#### leonard
02-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Voodoo Daddy your not implying that the smart women would have to be dumb to go out with your student/friend.####

Kato
02-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Not quite ####. I can get the smart ones to go out with me but after they get to know me they run like the wind.http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/funny/jump2.gif

Kato~~~go figure

Voodoo Daddy
02-24-2003, 09:32 AM
No ####, It would better for them to meet him, fall in love with me...let me break their heart, then Kato could "comfort" them...HAHAHAHAHAHA &lt;Voodoo knows he is a jerk, but he doesnt care&gt;...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kato
02-24-2003, 09:36 AM
It always happens like that doesn't it? Voodoo always gets the girls.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
02-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I dunno Kato...I was single for years after my "D"...met Mel, love her to death. Now that the female population finds out I'm "attatched" they come outta the woodwork and try to "tempt" poor Voodoo. BUT I'M IN TOO DEEP TO STRAY...so they are all yours my brother!!

Kato
02-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Thank goodness I can have them all. Usually the same happens to me but when I was dating Katy I still got no bites. I guess I'm still in a slump.

Kato~~~single but feeling really good about life.

02-24-2003, 05:08 PM
There is something about a guy with a woman that makes all the other women out there want you. That's how it always is. You don't have a girl, nobody wants to know your name. You got a girl, and you become the #1 "swordsman" in your postal district. I'll never understand.

Kato
02-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Harold Acosta sent me a pound of delectable Puerto Rican coffee. Luckily he included hand written instructions because the instructions are in spanish. Yummy stuff.

Kato~~~drinking Kenyan this morning.