PDA

View Full Version : SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!

cheesemouse
02-21-2003, 09:45 AM
This morning while doing some drills I looked at the cheap'Action' butt(pawnshop $40) I have my 314 shaft afixed too and the thought entered my addled brain "what's under this cheezey looking decal???"......thankfully, I stopped myself from grabbing a razor blade and decided to check in here because I know somebody here can satify this curiousity.....

Wally_in_Cincy
02-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Come on go for it. Whatsa matta. Are ya yella ?

We can add it to the CCB billiard equipment forensic files

Rod
02-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Cheese,
I found a Rocky cue in my odd ball collection. Who the hell makes Rocky? Well anyway it felt a little lighter than my break cue plus the shaft was larger with a fat taper I like.
I sanded the thin layer of varnish/laquer of the shaft and it felt pretty good. Took out the weight screw, strange looking thing but I really liked the concept. It didn't have a head like a normal screw, it was a long cylinder with the allen head inset. I found it was screwed part way in to adjust balance I guess. I screwed it all the way in to put the weight a little farther forward.

I found a good hard tip, cut it down short with a near flat radius. Took it to the pool room and it works great. Making balls on the break and stopping whitey near the center was no problem. In short I like this peice of crap that has been lying around for a few years.

Ok to your question, This thing has the decal points with parts of them missing, chipped away. Underneath appears to be finished with laquer or similar. So the decal is just put over the top of the original finish. I tried chiping it all off but it is stuck on there pretty good. Ah I just left it, what the hell it is just a break cue. The boys says what the heck is that peice of junk? I tell em but they laugh. They ain't laughing about my break though!

02-21-2003, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> This morning while doing some drills I looked at the cheap'Action' butt(pawnshop $40) I have my 314 shaft afixed too and the thought entered my addled brain "what's under this cheezey looking decal???"......thankfully, I stopped myself from grabbing a razor blade and decided to check in here because I know somebody here can satify this curiousity..... <hr /></blockquote>

so, you're looking for someone with mature judgment to advise you in the path of caution?

boy, did you come to the wrong place!

now that you've mentioned it you gotta do it.

dan...we are the same people who yell "jump!!!"

cheesemouse
02-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Dan,
I knew you would understand...LOL...I'm on pause right now waiting for those same immature regulars to come clean...I have located the razor knife and belt sander. I won't beable to hold out long.....please somebody come clean.......HELP ME PLEASE.......LMAO..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally,
I had a buddy just like you when I was a six year old tow head and all I got out of it was two broken arms........LOL

Kato
02-21-2003, 10:46 AM
OK stop.................unless you have a digital camera.

Kato~~~hey, it ain't my cue.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-21-2003, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
....Wally,
I had a buddy just like you when I was a six year old tow head and all I got out of it was two broken arms........LOL <hr /></blockquote>

For the love of God man, do it in the name of science. If you don't seek new frontiers the pool world is doomed. Did Lewis and Clark say "well I can't take a chance on ruining my $40 musket" or some such excuse.

Who knows, you could end up with an awesome piece of crap like Rod did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
02-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Wally,
That same $40 muscket would cost you $622.98 in todays dollars........

02-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm with Wally. Cut the sucker off! Who knows what you'll find. Imagine if under that decal is the meaning of life, a hole with a piece of Jimmy Hoffa stuffe in it, or something confirming the theory of the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Then you could enlighten everyone, put an end to world hunger or global warming or something nobel like that. You'd be a hero! All of the answers are right there waiting for you to behold. Or maybe it's nothing and you just ruined your cue.