PDA

View Full Version : Pagulayan vs Stalev in Atlantic City

snipershot
02-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Alex Pagulayan and Eugeny Stalev are set to face each other at the ten ball challenge in Atlantic city. I haven't seen Stalev shoot yet but I hear he is one of the best young players out there. Alex P is my favorite player and I have been anticipating the day these players squared off for a while now. What are your predictions/opinions on who will win this match?

Tom_In_Cincy
02-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Alex Pagulayan and Eugeny Stalev matchup should be on the TV table.

I've seen both play, Alex most recently in the finals of last year's US Open versus Ralf Soquet.

Stalev has been at the Derby City Classic for the last two years. He's a player by anyone's standards. He's also got one of the most powerful breaks pound for pound than anyone I have ever seen. I saw him break against Earl Strickland two years ago at the US Open.. and twice all the balls ended up in the kitchen. Makes you wonder if you can break too hard..

Ralph S.
02-22-2003, 07:45 AM
I got to watch both play at DCC in Louisville. Both are very strong players but Alex is far the better in my opinion.
Ralph S.

snipershot
02-22-2003, 03:18 PM
It's over, Alex torched him 10-3, from what I hear it was a pretty bad beating dished out by Alex pretty much owning the table the whole time, next up for Alex is Jim Rempe, Alex should be able to take this one as well. I'm hoping for a Alex and Efren final, what a match that would be.