PDA

View Full Version : 95 Days and counting !

bigbro6060
02-22-2003, 08:00 AM
It's been 95 consecutive days that i've played or practised pool (actually more practice than playing) for at least 1 hour a day. I'd say the average would be just under 3 hours a day. Usually 2.5 hours weekdays but at least 6 hours on sat and sun. Last week when i had to work 7am to 10pm four days in a row, i still got home and put in over an hour on the table.

I just can't stay away from it, it doesn't help that it's right in the middle of my living room so it's starring at me even if i put on a dvd to watch.

I keep saying i need a day off but i just can't seem to do it ! oh well, i'm going to Singapore in July but i do believe the hotel has a table /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cycopath
02-22-2003, 10:30 AM
How much improvement has this had on your game overall? I mean can you see a significant difference between your game now and 95 days ago?

snipershot
02-22-2003, 03:23 PM
95 days is pretty good, I don't count myself but I must be up around there. I also practice about 1-3 hours a day, the thing with me is that I can't practice for more than an hour straight so I practice in one hours sessions. When I'm playing an actual opponent I go for hours on end but when practicing my focus wanders about.

I too am wondering how much improvement this practice has brought to your game.

NH_Steve
02-22-2003, 04:50 PM
I've been pretty much a one or two times a week player -- at most -- for quite a while. After constantly hearing my opponents whine about how 'they haven't been playing at all', I finally realized that's what they mean by playing 'only' once or twice a week /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif . They don't even consider themselves playing unless it is pretty much every day. What a luxury if you have a job and a family!

02-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Amen Steve! Between work, school, and family, my time is pretty much all accounted for. So any moment spent at the table is golden:)

bigbro6060
02-22-2003, 11:47 PM
a hell of a lot of improvement mate

i play mainly 8ball. I am breaking and running out more and more.

Shots which were testers before, i now expect to get just about all the time and i'm finally getting some consistency on my break