PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV schedule - lots of reruns

Wally_in_Cincy
02-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Pool on TV-all times EST

(subject to change as we all know)
===============================
4:30 AM TNT Monday, 24
Twilight Zone A Game of Pool 30 min. A hustler's dream of playing the world's best pool player comes true, but he must play for the highest stakes---his life. Jesse: Esai Morales. Fats: Maury Chaykin. Narrator: Robin Ward. (VCR Plus+ 727057)
<font color="red"> This must be a remake</font color>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:00 PM ESPN2 Monday, 24
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore. (VCR Plus+ 7384637)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:00 PM ESPN2 Monday, 24
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore. (VCR Plus+ 6173237)
5:00 PM WGN Thursday, 27
Fresh Prince Banks Shot 30 min. Will crawls to Philip for help after sneaking out on the town and getting hustled by sleazy pool sharks. Charlie the Mack: J.D. Hall. Fred: Hugh Dane. Gloria: Angela Gordon. Louie: Jeff Chayette. Philip: James Avery. (VCR Plus+ 678195)
3:30 PM ESPN2 Friday, 28
Pool Mosconi Cup 60 min. The Mosconi Cup, a team competition between the U.S. and Europe. (VCR Plus+ 1355770)
6:00 AM ESPN2 Saturday, 1
Pool WPBA in Miami 60 min. WPBA Nationals semifinal-round play in Miami. (VCR Plus+ 8553772)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:00 AM ESPN2 Monday, 3
Pool International Challenge of Champions 60 min. The final match of the International Challenge of Champions in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 2042680)
12:00 PM ESPN2 Monday, 3
Pool Mosconi Cup 60 min. The Mosconi Cup, a team competition between the U.S. and Europe. (VCR Plus+ 8581116)
3:00 PM ESPN Monday 3
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore. (VCR Plus+ 135628)
4:00 PM ESPN2 Tuesday, 4
Pool WPBA in Miami 60 min. WPBA Nationals final-round play in Miami. (VCR Plus+ 8447988)
12:00 PM ESPN2 Wednesday, 5
Pool Mosconi Cup 60 min. The Mosconi Cup, a team competition between the U.S. and Europe. (VCR Plus+ 8445360)
3:00 PM ESPN Wednesday, 5
Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. A Women's Tournament of Champions semifinal in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 694785)
12:00 PM ESPN2 Thursday, 6
Pool Mosconi Cup 60 min. The Mosconi Cup, a team competition between the U.S. and Europe. (VCR Plus+ 8412032)
3:00 PM ESPN Thursday, 6
Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. A Women's Tournament of Champions semifinal in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 222148)
4:00 PM ESPN Thursday, 6

Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. The women's Tournament of Champions finals in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 234983)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00 AM ESPN2 Saturday, 8
Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. A Women's Tournament of Champions semifinal in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 8399576)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:00 PM ESPN2 Saturday, 8
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore. (VCR Plus+ 3742682)

dg-in-centralpa
02-23-2003, 07:07 PM
The twilight zone is a remake. They are playing rotation. The original had Walter Matthau in it but I can't remember anybody else. Overall this show isn't bad, but not great.

SPetty
02-23-2003, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> The original had Walter Matthau in it ...<hr /></blockquote>I remember it with Jack Klugman and Jonathan Winters...

Hopster
02-23-2003, 09:09 PM
Yup, Jack Klugman and Jonathan Winters.
Jack Klugmans name was Jesse Cardiff . lol

Wally_in_Cincy
02-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Looked like "Rotation Straight Pool"

Patrick would be proud.

Ken
02-24-2003, 07:34 AM
I have to disagree here. I suspect that Patrick spends a lot of his time in the twilight zone and he should be ashamed for claiming that the game of rotation straight pool is his invention when he clearly stole it from the Zone.

I would also suggest that the Winters/Klugman version might be the remake and not the original. Although I don't really know, I would expect them not to make a remake with unknowns after originally using well known actors. Of course, who knows how well known any of them were at the time.
KenCT

Wally_in_Cincy
02-24-2003, 08:06 AM
This was clearly a remake.

Also they were racking the 14 balls with the missing ball where the 8-balll would normally go in an 8-ball rack.

Ken
02-24-2003, 09:44 AM
I think the rule on racking is if the one ball is not the break ball it must go on the spot. In that case the center location is left open unless either the two or three is the break ball in which case the empty spot would be there. Have to ask Patrick about that.

I was half asleep last and didn't see much. Upon reviewing the tape I guess this was the "new" Twilight Zone made in 1988. I never saw any of those episodes, only the earlier ones with Rod in them which were probably all in black and white. It shows I can make mistakes when I'm half asleep.

They did a decent job with it. Lots of shots although neither actor seems to have played much.
KenCT

Scott Lee
02-24-2003, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Pool on TV-all times EST

(subject to change as we all know)
===============================
4:30 AM TNT Monday, 24
Twilight Zone A Game of Pool 30 min. A hustler's dream of playing the world's best pool player comes true, but he must play for the highest stakes---his life. Jesse: Esai Morales. Fats: Maury Chaykin. Narrator: Robin Ward. (VCR Plus+ 727057)
<font color="red"> This must be a remake</font color>

Wally...Yep, it was, and not near as good as the original. Neither player (even the "legend" Fats Brown) had even the slightest resemblance of a bridge or a stroke. In fact the young kids stroke was SO poor, he couldn't have made a ball under real conditions! LOL I like the storyline, but the poolplaying was awful!

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
02-25-2003, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> .... I like the storyline, but the poolplaying was awful!

Scott Lee<hr /></blockquote>

They obviously had a technical consultant to execute that masse shot. It's too bad they couldn't teach those guys at least some semblance of mechanics.

They also made rotation look awfully easy didn't they? I'd like to see the look on some casual player's face when they go out this weekend and play rotation after watching that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee
02-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah...and who ever heard of playing rotation to 300 points? LOL Guess they didn't know the rules either! See you Sunday!

Scott

snipershot
02-25-2003, 10:42 PM
I get about 0 of those channels /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif, hopefully some of them will still show up on other stations that I do have.