PDA

View Full Version : here i am with the result of nationals here...

marek
02-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi people!
I am back to tell you about the results of the straightpool nationals here. Unfortunatelly I havent won the medal I wanted as I finished in the fifth place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Well the energy I needed just wasnt there. My stroke was working quite good but my brain failed to work properly. It was probably due to the illness (flu) I got last week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif I just couldnt find enough energy to think about the game so I made lots of pattern errors which was the main cause of my "failure" to achieve the medal. My faith in my ability to win was strong though and I fought to the last ball but it just wasnt enough. On the other hand it doesnt sound bad when you say that "I played like a monkey as I was fifth in the nationals".. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just take this experience as a test which I passed unbroken and with dignity.
But I will have another chance this weekend as there will be 8ball and 9ball nationals on Saturday and Sunday. I hope that no other illness or injury or whatever will stay between me and my game for which I have worked so hard! And even if there are some obstacles awaiting me on my way I will fight as hard as I can to overcome those!
If it doesnt kill you it makes you even stronger! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Popcorn
02-24-2003, 09:31 AM
How about some details on the tournament. How many players, did they draw many spectators, what were the high runs, who won the tournament, what kind of tables did you play on, what was your high run, what was the prize money, and so on?

Kato
02-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Good luck this weekend, how about some stories?

Kato

Rich R.
02-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Althought I would have liked better news, it is good that you are not discouraged. Keep working hard and the medals will come. Hopefully, this weekend.

Good luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif