PDA

View Full Version : Death clock :(

nAz
02-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the Death Clock(TM), the Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away... second by second. Like the hourglass of the Net, the Death Clock will remind you just how short life is.

I have 1,658,217,842 secounds to live. death date Mon. sept.13 2055 /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

how about you...

http://www.deathclock.com./

Kato
02-24-2003, 03:46 PM
I will be dead on September 12, 2044 if I'm normal. If optimistic I will live until Nov 12, 2068. As a pessimist I'll be dead on July 28, 2024. As a sadist I'll be dead September 13, 2007. As a realist I'll be dead when I stop breathing, who cares when that is?

Kato~~~~a realist.

9 Ball Girl
02-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Geez, can you be any more morbid? BTW, read your fine print, says something about not needing a
sweater...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/SignHereDevil.gif

For me, Tuesday, February 25, 2053, whilst shooting some stick, beating you in a race to 200 in 14.1, with 1 ball left to go. http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/diabolo.gif

Karatemom
02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Not very sensitive, are you? I'd love to see you in my shoes right now. Joke or not, it's not very funny from where I'm standing.

SpiderMan
02-24-2003, 05:25 PM
I think I'll call my dad and ask him why I'm four years late collecting the inheritance.

SpiderMan

nAz
02-24-2003, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Not very sensitive, are you? I'd love to see you in my shoes right now. Joke or not, it's not very funny from where I'm standing. <hr /></blockquote>

Im sorry if it offended you was meant purely for entertainment.
What you and yours are going through i dont want to imagine, although i do have some idea since my niece went through it, and i would not love to see anyone else in your shoes.

nAz
02-24-2003, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I will be dead on September 12, 2044 if I'm normal. If optimistic I will live until Nov 12, 2068. As a pessimist I'll be dead on July 28, 2024. As a sadist I'll be dead September 13, 2007. As a realist I'll be dead when I stop breathing, who cares when that is?

Kato~~~~a realist. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Poo /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif if you smoke i think you may lose 20 years.

Kato
02-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Actually Naz, I quit smoking last Wednesday. I made a promise to Chris that when he went into the hospital I would quit. Not 1 coffin nail in the last 6 days. I feel like I may live until the year 3005.

Kato~~~now a non-smoker for the rest of his breaths.

9 Ball Girl
02-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Yea!!!! Now you can keep me company at the US Open when everyone is outside smoking and I'm left all by my lonesome inside! I can be accident prone when left alone.

Wendy~~at last year's Open, fell going up the steps while staring at The Pearl /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kato
02-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Wendy, I'm still going outside. You miss out on too much if you're inside all the time. Just listening to Earl holding court is worth the smoke. Also, if I wouldn't have been outside smoking then the infamous meeting between Kato and Tot never would have taken place.

Kato~~~will drag Wendy outside anyway.

Voodoo Daddy
02-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Outside at the convention center is the nutz. A bunch of pool bums smokin', doin' cue deals, settin' up action. I have fond memories of hangin' outside on the bench with Nick Varner...watchin' him sign autographs...tellin' each other one pocket stories. Hangin' outside with Eric and Carol Lynn or Brady and Mike Coltrain. Ok, enough of the folklore, I gotta go smoke one!!!

bluewolf
02-25-2003, 11:34 AM
When optimistic, I get to live to be 98. I did not look at anything else besides optimistic. Life is too short to look at it any other way.

Laura

bluewolf
02-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Heidi,

I cannot say that I know how you feel because each relationship and situation is different.

What I can say is that my father was in intensive care. He was on a ventilator for 3 and 1/2 months. He was given zero chance of survival. He had so many complications, he went through such things that the medical staff had never seen someone survive all of those complications. Yet he did get off that vent and go home from the hospital after being there for six months.

The thing is that is the same, I believ, is that both my dad and Chris are strong men and have determination.

Remembering what I went through I would probably be feeling like you if someone told a joke about dying when my dad was on the vent. But I will say this. Until you have a loved one in critcal care like Chris has been, it is just not possible to know what that is like. The emotional roller coaster ride and the emotional fatigue si simply like nothing I ever expereinced before and hope I and you will never have to go through this again.

People just dont know. They cannot know how you feel, Heide, if they have not walked in your 'moccasins'.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
02-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Not to come to anyone's defense here, but I've been in those shoes and there was no hope at the end when my Grandpa succumbed to cancer. I miss him A LOT. Naz has been in those shoes and again there was no hope when his 14 year old neice passed on. Emotions run high when life throws you a curve and you're forced to wear those uncomfortable shoes but we're only human. Anyways, Naz and I are the kind of folk that try to find a silver lining in the cloud. My Dad is constantly in the hospital for near fatal asthma attacks and this is something that I have to deal with cause my Pa ain't the young buckaroo that he used to be. Some people just deal with things differently which is understandable. Anyway, as far as I know, things have been straightened out as far as the original intent of this post goes and it's all good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
02-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Wendy,

Glad to hear that hurt feelings are better.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Wendy,

Glad to hear that hurt feelings are better.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Karatemom
02-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Yes, Wendy, things have been straigtened out. I hold no grudge against Naz. I'm very sensitive these days, and quitting smoking doesn't help my mood.

However, on bluewolf's behalf, I have to agree with her. I have also lost a niece, numerous aunts and uncles, 4 grandparents, my mom, and now the roller coaster ride with my spouse. I've been through hell and back in my family, and can say from experience that one loss of a relative is nothing like the other, and there is nothing worse and nothing like losing your spouse, or the feeling of. No one has any idea until you've been through it. It is a much different feeling. Something no one should have to go through, but most do.

But like I said, all is forgiven and forgotten here. I'm not usually that sensitive, but since my body is nicotine-free, my mouth is on overdrive. LOL

Heide

9 Ball Girl
02-25-2003, 03:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr>But like I said, all is forgiven and forgotten here. <hr /></blockquote>

Glad to hear it! The CCB should be one big happy happy joy joy family! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr>since my body is nicotine-free, my mouth is on overdrive. LOL<hr /></blockquote>

Now that is a step in the right direction! LOL

Brent
02-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Wednesday, February 1, 2079

Vicki
02-27-2003, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ...My Dad is constantly in the hospital for near fatal asthma attacks and this is something that I have to deal with cause my Pa ain't the young buckaroo that he used to be. <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,

My mother has <font color="red">serious</font color> asthma and other respiratory problems. It is very scary to see when she starts having problems breathing. She is sick frequently. The older she gets the worse it gets but since she has been losing weight she is healthier overall.

We can keep each other company at the US Open while Voodoo smokes and Kato catches a little "second hand"... I'd be willing to bet that by next September Kato feels a little different about hanging out with the smokers than he does now. It is a beautiful thing to have your family and friends make good, healthy decisions. I am so proud of my mom for losing weight. She will live better, longer and happier because of it. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do to improve your life. At least it was for me. I am always happy to hear about someone I like quitting smoking. I get excited for them when I think of all the good things that are going to happen for them. It's wonderful! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for my death clock... I'm just glad no one will feel like they should put a pack of smokes in my coffin along with my pool cue and a bottle of wine! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Vicki

Brady_Behrman
02-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks Alot, July 28 is my bday..although in the year 2024 I will be a wopping 48, dam i feal old!