PDA

View Full Version : Leather Burnish, Which Side?

Sid_Vicious
02-25-2003, 11:00 AM
I have a leather disk I found, a McDermott product, which I have been using for a while now and wondered kinda late in the day as it is..."Is there a proper and improper side to use?" One side is slick and has the McDermott leaf and all, and the back side is fuzzy leather. Was I correct in using the fuzzy side all this time, or does it really make any difference at all???sid

WaltVA
02-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Sid, I've got one I bought with my first McDermott cue a lotta years ago - cue's gone (with my ex) but I still got the leather. Nice to know they're still around.

I was told, "rough side first, then finish with the smooth," and I've been doing it that way ever since. Works just as good on Schons.

The smooth side is a great tip burnisher, too. I keep mine folded in half in my case pocket.

Walt in VA

HalSmith
02-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Sid, They make a product called Q-Wiz that is almost like your talking about , it works great too.

nAz
02-25-2003, 03:18 PM
i use something similar to what you have. i like to use mine after i give my shaft a good wipe down, Fuzzy (rough) side only with mine. man its leaves my shaft smooth and shiny

Sid_Vicious
02-25-2003, 03:38 PM
yes I have had those before. The leather dude seems to glaze better though, especially now that I use both side, thanks to what I learned here today...sid

02-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Dear Sid, when you use dis wonderful product, does your pinky finger point down or up? Fast Larry