PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Jean Balukas!!

Barbara
03-18-2002, 06:39 PM

Barbara
03-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Okay, this is why I'm not thrilled with this format and don't reply anymore. I hit the enter key to go to a new line and I got posted with a blank post. Sorry all.

Thanks (not!) a lot BD. But hey Mike Panozzo! It was nice to meet you. I was thrilled to see you enjoying the nuts with Jean.

I have to say that I met Rich R and got to give him some nuts. I met SPetty and saw Chris in NC and Tom B, but didn't get the opp to get them the nuts since I was pulled from the TD's desk Sunday afternoon to work the Men's Pro Arena. I owe youse guys.

I got to talk to Jean Balukas Sunday morning when she was standing around the amateur's area waiting for the women's Pro arena to open and I got her autograph on a CB for Jimmy Caras. I was shaking like a leaf and on the verge of tears about what I wanted to ask of her. Jean is one hellava nice person!! She remininced about when she was a teen and being in a comercial with Jimmy and she was concerned with Jimmy's health. My hubby's going to make a special display case for the ball when I give it to him in July.

I got to meet SPetty and Rich R. I also hooked up with Chris in NC and the Dragon. I bopped Chris in NC upside his head because I owed him. I also ran into Fred A and Big Jim. Again, I owe SPetty, Tom Brooklyn, Chris in NC and Drayton some nuts. I didn't have them on me when they happened around, and had them on me when they weren't around.

I also lost a silver/with brass bracelet on Sunday in the lower level. I don't figure on getting it back, but if the one person out there that did pick it up and is keeping it and is reading this post, I have a very special *wish* for you.

I also owe Joe T for some nuts. And I did get to give him and my Cueman a peck on the cheek so my weekend wasn't totally lost...

Barbara~~~one tired puppy and ready to sleep for a day or two

jjinfla
03-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Leave it to Barbara to find a way to defeat the system. Must have OD'd on nuts.

But I don't understand how hitting the enter key posted your message. Notice I hit enter twice after the nuts above.

Then you would have to also unclick the "I want to preview my post" box.

But I don't understand why that should upset you since it was the old board that allowed blank posts. You can't do it here. It is impossible. You must have used invisible ink in your first post. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

But admit it, the people here are a cut above the other boards. This is where you belong. LOL Jake

Barbara
03-18-2002, 08:20 PM

Barbara
03-18-2002, 08:28 PM
It was a chained/formed silver bracelet with a COPPER inside.

I'm dreaming it will get returned.

Barbara

03-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Barbara, it was great to see you although it was brief - I know you were VERY busy. You are right-on about Jean. She is absolutely one of very nicest in our sport, and amazingly modest as far as trying to get her to talk about her game and all her titles - or how she might fair against the current top players. A real class act! - Chris in NC

Doctor_D
03-19-2002, 06:51 AM
Good morning:

Maybe it is time for Jean Balukas to take over the Presidency of the WPBA!

Dr. D.

dave
03-19-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey Barbara! This may be too much to ask but, I was wondering; if I sent you a cue ball and some cash to cover shipping could you get Mr. Caras to sign a ball for me? You can contact me at: dbergsieker @ivcc. edu with a reply. If it is an imposition, I'll certainly understand.

Barbara
03-19-2002, 08:06 PM
dave,

I tried to email you but it came back as undeliverable. Please give me your email address again.

Barbara

03-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Welcome back Barb!!! You and a few notable others have been sorely missed!!
Lorri

dave
03-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Try: bergsiek@ivcc.edu or dbergsie@ivcc.edu They keep changing the darn thing on me and I forget which is currently valid. Thanks Barabara!

dave
03-20-2002, 01:17 PM
No, I quess the new one is: david_bergsieker@ivcc.edu. Don't forget the underscore. We have our own server here and the guys that run it drive me nuts with these continual changes. Sorry for the inconvenience.