PDA

View Full Version : New Production Balabushka cues....any good?

SteveFromNY
02-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Are the new Balabushka cues any good playability-wise? I'm in love with the gb-13 but I'm also thinking about buying a predator cue if I see any good deals at the convention in Valley Forge. I currently shoot with a Viking with a 314 shaft.

cycopath
02-26-2003, 12:41 PM
We sold a few new ones through our store. They looked like a well made cue. But I never played a game with one.

Icon of Sin
02-26-2003, 01:17 PM
I have a gb-1 and I love it, I posted a topic like this before I got mine, someone else told me that they had a gb-10 and they liked it alot.

My gb-1 is my playing cue, i love the damn thing, plays great, looks great and is made great. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have some pics of mine herre at www.pbase.com/iconofsin (http://www.pbase.com/iconofsin) under the pool section... feel free to check it out.

Go for the GB-13, I think anything that is a gb-10 - gb15 comes with an extra shaft too.

ras314
02-26-2003, 02:02 PM
I have a gb-1 for sale, includes additional 314 shaft and Schmelke 1B 2S hard case. 18 oz without the weight bolt, about 19 with the original shaft. Some dings. Switched to Predator SPW myself, would rather not have a wrap.

Not a good enough player to comment much on the playability.

send pm if interested, can send you a picture.

HalSmith
02-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Steve , when your at the Valley Forge Show check out the Jerry Olivier cues. They are real nice, hit great and well made. Smitty

02-26-2003, 07:09 PM
When that cue hit the market, the early ones were solid, they were very impressive. I have model one, it is not for sale. I have an original so I know a little about this cue, no it is not for sale either, it is in a vault. Every year, year by year, I think this cue has lost ground, little by little, it got cheapier, they cut this out, that out. I guess you could say the same about every auto or home appliance on the market today. What I am telling you is a 5 yr old one is better than a new one, a 10 yr old one is better than a 5 yr old one, if they are in good condition. I have done a previous post where I went into great detail on this, so I wont repeat that again. They are hard to sell, I put one up on Ebay last week for 10 days, and the best bid I got was below my cost & they never got close to my reserve. This was a brand new mint 5 yr old model. I'll toss it in the fireplace & burn it before I will ever sell a cue below my cost. I have a brand new GB7 also 5 yrs old I was going to put up on ebay today, now I think I will just let it hang & rot on my wall. How does the cue play, read my previous post. Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guninger

Harold Acosta
02-26-2003, 09:54 PM
You should put the cues up for sale again. Sometimes it doesn't sell the first time around because people look mainly for bargains. If you didn't sell the cue the first time, Ebay will let you post it up again for free.

<font color="blue">Billiards and Chess: Passionate sports for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Fred Agnir
02-27-2003, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> When that cue hit the market, the early ones were solid, they were very impressive. <hr /></blockquote>
Just to be sure, you're talking about the GB's right?

Fred

Popcorn
02-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Give the ebay a second shot. All you need is a couple of interested people to make an auction. I sold a set of clay balls on there last year. First time on they were about half of the reserve and I did not even get an email asking about them. Third time on was the charm. They brought $610.00 my reserve was $150.00. You never know, just put them on and sit back and see what happens.