PDA

View Full Version : Layered Tips

02-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know where to get WINN tips? Also, when tips are made do they use hyde glue or epoxy or super glue??? I've also always wondered wouldn't they have to use some kind of vaccum seal to remove all air and excess glues. Any thoughts.

SpiderMan
02-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Tiger products' advertising copy implies that they use a vacuum process in manufacture.

SpiderMan

Rod
02-26-2003, 03:00 PM
I don't know who has win tips for sure but a Google search may provide an answer. I hit a few with a win tip on a friends cue and I really liked the hit. That may be my next adventure.

Rod

Troy
02-26-2003, 04:46 PM
In another thread, Talisman Tony discusses his process -- tumbling the leather to saturate it with adhesive then pressing one layer at a time to remove air pockets, excess glue, etc. Works for me, I've had great success with Talisman Pro domed tips.

Troy

02-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks Troy, i found what you were talking about where Tony discusses his process. That is pretty interesting. Ever hear anything about the glue they use. Ive heard they use hyde glue.

Troy
02-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Sorry, can't help with what kind of glue. "Hide glue" could mean lotsof things.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote breaknrun:</font><hr> Thanks Troy, i found what you were talking about where Tony discusses his process. That is pretty interesting. Ever hear anything about the glue they use. Ive heard they use hyde glue. <hr /></blockquote>