PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi cues

Mikey
03-18-2002, 07:08 PM
I've read a few posts regarding Lucasi cues in the past year. Most were are they a quality cue for the money. I bought one Sun. at V.F. and I think it was a real bargain. 6 inlaid points and and the butt end was just as pretty, for $200. I have to tell you this cue is solid, the hit is great with it's uni-loc joint. It definately looks like a cue that would retail for 3-4 times what I paid for it. I'm really impressed.Just thought I'd pass on this bit of information.---Mikey

PQQLK9
03-20-2002, 10:31 AM
I just added the Lucasi L2010 to my collection and concur that they seem to be fine cues for the money. I was honored to have Allison take the first couple of hits with it at Mothers Billiards here in Charlotte...she commented that it had a very soft hit....after replacing the LePro tip with a WB it now has a more preferable hard hit.In the current issue of BD they are advertized with now having Triangle tips.

Mikey
03-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey PD, I seen that they are advertised as having trangle tips , I just figured that was the tip that was on mine. It does hit a bit soft.My Schon hits harder, but sometimes the kind of ferrule can make a difference in the hit also. So far I like it just the way it is.---Mikey

Harold Acosta
03-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Mike, I have the Lucasi Uniloc L-10U, which is now modified a little and is being sold as the L-2002. Purchased it for $150.00 and to tell you the truth, it is worth it. I have since changed the tip to Talisman Pro Soft. I have tried all tips imaginable, including Moori, Instroke, Dynamite, Le Pro, you name it, I've had it. Before the change to Soft, I was using Talisman Medium. I just didn't feel comfortable hearing the contact with the cue ball. With the soft, the hit feels much better and doesn't distract me.

Since "discovering" the Talisman Soft, I have been replacing all the tips on my cues with them. Recently made purchase of 20 Soft Talisman tips, and those are truly my new treasures.

Just an opinion..........

Harold Acosta
03-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Hey Pool dawg, the Lucasi L-2010 is the former L-13U, and that cue is beautiful to say the least!

03-21-2002, 12:26 PM
I USED A LUCASI CUE WHEN THE FIRST CAME OUT AND IT WAS A GREAT CUE . AND NOW THEY ARE USEING A QUICK RELEASE RAIDO PIN SO NOW I HAVE TO GO GET ONE JUST TO HAVE IT. BUT IT'S A GREAT LOOKING CUE FOR JUST A LITTLE MONEY.:(

03-21-2002, 12:26 PM
I USED A LUCASI CUE WHEN THE FIRST CAME OUT. AND IT WAS A GREAT CUE . AND NOW THEY ARE USEING A QUICK RELEASE RAIDO PIN SO NOW I HAVE TO GO GET ONE JUST TO HAVE IT. BUT IT'S A GREAT LOOKING CUE FOR JUST A LITTLE MONEY.:(

03-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Is it true that the Lucasi cues are made in China?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-21-2002, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mikey:</font><hr> I've read a few posts regarding Lucasi cues in the past year. Most were are they a quality cue for the money. I bought one Sun. at V.F. and I think it was a real bargain. 6 inlaid points and and the butt end was just as pretty, for $200. I have to tell you this cue is solid, the hit is great with it's uni-loc joint. It definately looks like a cue that would retail for 3-4 times what I paid for it. I'm really impressed.Just thought I'd pass on this bit of information.---Mikey <hr></blockquote>

I've got one I won in a raffle. It seems to be very well made. I love the feel of the hit but I'm not crazy about the taper. Then again the best 14.1 match I ever played was with that cue. Go Figure.

Wally in the Natti-sticking with the McD for now.

Harold Acosta
03-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Yeap! They are made in China but these cues have improved in workmanship and real inlays are being used, as well as bacote, cocobolo and other woods. Pick one up and you will see. Lucasi and Players cues are made exclusively for Jim Lucas from Cue and Case in Florida.

03-21-2002, 11:54 PM
Mikey,

Actually they have Le Pro tips. At least that is what it says in the write up in my distributor's catalog.

Sure Shot

03-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Breaker,

Yes, they are manufactured in China.

Sure Shot

03-21-2002, 11:58 PM
I hate to do this, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let you know that if you would like a good deal on a Lucasi cue, go to OzoneBilliards.com. They have a great deal on these cues including a free hard case and free shipping!!

Such a deal!
Sure Shot

Mikey
03-22-2002, 07:21 PM
HOLY COW!! Made in China? unbelievable.Ya got to give those Chinese some credit, they make one hellava cue at a resonable price, I've been playing with this cue( L-2007) all week and I still can't believe how good it hits. I just may put my Schon away for awhile.---Mikey

PoolFool
03-23-2002, 01:29 PM
They may be a good cue but I don't knowningly buy anything made in China. Saw the documentery about them skinning dogs alive to make products to sell in America. Just one of many things I don't like about China.

PoolFool

Tom_In_Cincy
03-23-2002, 01:40 PM
Is Wally in the Natti related to the Wally_in_Cincy?
I think so..

03-23-2002, 05:18 PM
i have the L-2007 as well. I love the cue. It looks great and hits awesome. I only got it for 300 bucks!

03-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Pool Fool,

Well, I guess you don't buy any "Production Cues". Viking, Joss, Meucci, McDermott are all made in the USA. But, Action, Scorpion, Lucasi, Mezz and many others are made in China. I haven't seen that show you saw so I can't comment on that.

Sure Shot

PoolFool
03-24-2002, 01:04 PM
You are right. That is why I use a McDermott. May not be the best but probably has never cost me a game. I can be beat using a $50K Richard Black.

03-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Pool Fool,

Good for you for sticking to your convictions! However, not everyone can afford a "$50K" cue.

The production cue lines out there are still good cues. I respect your choice for only using cues made in the USA, but many people like what they see and feel in some of the production cues.

Keep playing with your cue and keep sticking to your beliefs!

Sure Shot

05-11-2002, 10:53 AM
I just found this thread with a search for Lucasi cues. I think I found a way to get one fairly cheap. I'm talking about Lucasi cues like the L2007, L2008, L2009, or L2010 etc. I've seen these priced close to $300 on internet sites. I think I can get one for about $130 plus $15 shipping. They are supposed to be brand new &amp; never chalked etc. At that price I figure I can then add a Predator 314 shaft if I decide to try one later. And the total cost would be close to the total cost of a new Lucasi from an internet store. The methods of payment are Money Order/Cashiers Checks. Personal Checks. Visa/MasterCard. COD (collect on delivery). Discover. Other. See item description for payment methods accepted
If I pay with a credit card am I protected?
Does this sound like a "too good to be true" deal?
If anyone is interested I can post how I will be buying this Lucasi later. I want to make sure I get mine first. Sorry if I'm being greedy.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Sounds too good to be true.. but worth investigation.. further.. let CCB know how it works out..

As far as your Credit card protection is concerned.. please call the CC company rep and ask them.. they would know better than anyone on CCB..

stickman
05-11-2002, 11:34 AM
I've seen new Lucasi's priced very reasonably on eBay.

05-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Ebay is what I was referring to. In the past I was looking for Vikings. And most of the time they sold for the same price &amp; sometimes higher on ebay then they sell for at the internet stores. Then yesterday I started noticing a lot of Lucasi's. So I started watching. I looked up the model #s and prices at places like The Billiard Warehouse. Lucasi's that sell for $270 to about $355 or $365 were being sold on ebay with final bids of from $120 to about under $200. So I put in some $100 bids on sticks worth $270 to $355. I used a little patience. And last night I was outbid with 8 seconds left. I bid $130 for a $290 Lucasi # L2008.

And this morning I had an email from the seller. He said if I still wanted one he would sell me that same cue for my price of $130 plus $15 shipping &amp; insurance or $145 total for one that had $290 as the cheapest internet store price I could find. He said he has several of each model of the Lucasi's that he will sell me for similar prices. He has about 60 positive ratings with no neutral or negative ratings. And now I've been seeing that there are of few people selling several Lucasi's on ebay each day. They must be getting them fairly cheap and selling at a small profit. I haven't read any negative feedback from any of the buyers. And I'm talking about brand new ones, not the ones with blemishes or small imperfections. It looks like if you keep patient, and wait until the last minute to bid, you can get an about $300 Lucasi for $150 or even less.

The day before I think I could have picked up a L2007, $270 for about $120. I was outbid with a few minutes left. I didn't rebid because I wasn't ssure if Lucasi was the brand I read some negative or less then positive things about on this board. That led me to the search of Lucasi. I only found positive things about them. I think I confused some stuff I read about the red dot shaft from one of the other companies.

stickman
05-11-2002, 12:19 PM
Eddie, I wasn't trying to give away any secrets, but thought if this wasn't where you were considering, you might want to check it out. If I needed another stick, I would definately consider one of these.

05-11-2002, 12:27 PM
I think I will be getting an about $300 Lucasi for less then $150, including shipping &amp; insurance. Then if I keep playing, later I can either add a Predator shaft to try, or even buy an entire new cue. And my total cost will only be about $300 or the price of a just 1 cue stick with just 1 shaft. And I read a few post about people looking for a decent playing cue that are on a budget. This might be helpful to them because that seller said he had hundreds of Lucasi's to sell.

shojingod
05-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Any Lucasi dealers in Canada.

Most Ebay sales for Lucasi are limited to US only.

For the price with exchange Lucasi would be a good cue for Canadians.

Harold Acosta
05-11-2002, 08:51 PM
I suggest you contact the Ebay sellers and maybe they will make arrangements with you if you pay the actual shipping price. You will also be required to pay with an international money order but that would be no problem I guess.

05-11-2002, 09:32 PM
I just bought a brand new Lucasi L2008 for $123.50. It sells for $290 at The Billiard Warehouse &amp; Seybert's.