PDA

View Full Version : Real leather cases

Mikey
02-26-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm looking at an instroke leather case on E- Bay 2 butt 4 shaft , anybody know anything about these cases?

Cueless Joey
02-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Very good quality cases.
I have the cowboy style. The thing is heavy with cues though.

bluewolf
02-26-2003, 09:16 PM
My husband needs a case. Actually we have too many cues for the case space we have. Anyway, I have the vinyl instroke and it is well made. It is heavy also.

Laura

HalSmith
02-27-2003, 04:57 AM
I have the 3 butts/7 shafts leather case it is a nice product, I feel my sticks are safe in it. But like the other post says it is heavy.-- Smitty

bluewolf
02-27-2003, 06:17 AM
Is the instroke leather case any heavier than the justice or whitten leather cases?

Laura

tateuts
02-28-2003, 12:45 AM
I have the 2 butt/4shaft Instroke cowboy leather case. I bought it new for $180 on e-bay, although that was a good deal - they usually go for around $200 - $220. It's a fine case, nice interior. I don't think I would get another one, however. The case fell over and popped off the lock latch that holds the top down. This latch turns on a pin and is the weak link on them.

Porper has a really nice leather case that has a street price of about $250 that puts most others to shame. But for the long haul, I think I would just spring for a Whitten or a Justis case, new or used, in the first place.

Chris

02-28-2003, 09:20 PM
I would go for a Whitten - pay the extra, buy it once and you're done. I bought an Instroke Cowboy style case and the leather top handle strap broke, the leather hinge for the flip-top was breaking down and the leather side handle stretched out. - All inside of 3 years. I sold it and bought a Whitten - now that's a nice case!
- Bryan in Buffalo

Scott Lee
02-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Laura...I agree with the others, that Whitten is an excellent choice. Great, functional design...available in leather or vinyl...reasonably priced...very durable. I have a 1B/2S leather Whitten that is 15 yrs old, and looks reasonably new. If you remember my case from last summer, it is a soft leather German Instroke case, that holds 6B/12S. It's the best case I've ever owned, and with SIX cues in it, plus pool balls, towels, and assorted other pool paraphenalia in the two large leather pockets, weighs much less than the 3B7S hardcase Instroke. Now, to be fair...my case would not withstand being driven over by a car! LOL...but I still prefer it, to the heavy, hard cases...that, and I don't let it out of my sight, so I'm not worried about it getting damaged or stolen! ROFL jmo

Scott

bluewolf
03-01-2003, 05:21 AM
I really appreciate every thing that I have read here. I have also studied the sites and emailed back and forth with whitten and justis.

We need two cases. WW has this idea that the whitten and justis will make his cues warp whereas the instroke is a great design. Anyway, I like all three of them. I think that the whitten and justis have much nicer leather, but then I am not that picky as long as it is functional and looks pretty nice.

We are getting an excellent condition cowboy today and then another case at vf where we can look at them closer. More than likely the second one will be either a justis or a whitten. One of us will use the cowboy and the other person will use the whitten or justis.

Laura

bluewolf
03-01-2003, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Laura...I agree with the others, that Whitten is an excellent choice. Great, functional design...available in leather or vinyl...reasonably priced...very durable. I have a 1B/2S leather Whitten that is 15 yrs old, and looks reasonably new. If you remember my case from last summer, it is a soft leather German Instroke case, that holds 6B/12S. It's the best case I've ever owned, and with SIX cues in it, plus pool balls, towels, and assorted other pool paraphenalia in the two large leather pockets, weighs much less than the 3B7S hardcase Instroke. Now, to be fair...my case would not withstand being driven over by a car! LOL...but I still prefer it, to the heavy, hard cases...that, and I don't let it out of my sight, so I'm not worried about it getting damaged or stolen! ROFL jmo

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Scott. We do remember your big case. It was a beautiful case but sure was heavy with all of those cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You must be one strong dude to carry all of that around. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifI sure hope our new 2x4's are not THAT heavy /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I also remember that you had a pretty box case that held your custom cues and stealth jump cue.

Laura

03-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Whitten cases are spendy butt well woth the investment. you can custom cut tubes in the case so the shafts ride at the proper level. the best quality. i have several if looking for a good deal!