PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge ---- shuttle bus from the airport ?

Nik
02-28-2003, 04:28 PM
If you fly into Philly airport is there a bus available to take you to the Valley Forge area?

9 Ball Girl
02-28-2003, 07:27 PM
You might want to contact the hotel where you'll be staying. Maybe the hotel might have a shuttle bus service. You could just cab it though. The airport is not far from the Valley Forge area from the looks of it on www.mapquest.com (http://www.mapquest.com)

Barbara
03-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Nik,

Ask the hotel you're staying at if they have a shuttle service. Despite what 9ballgirl thinks it looks like on a map, VF is a good distance from the airport. I know, I grew up in the Philly area.

If the hotel does not provide a shuttle service then your best bet is to go to the ground transportation desk in the airport and get a Rapid Rover ride out there. This will cost you about $25. They are located near the baggage claim areas. I would not recommend taking a cab. It would be too expensive and depending on what time of day it is, the Schyulkill Expressway could be a parking lot - especially between the Blue Route (I476) and King of Prussia exits.

Barbara

SPetty
03-01-2003, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nik:</font><hr> If you fly into Philly airport is there a bus available to take you to the Valley Forge area? <hr /></blockquote>Hi Nik,

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Valley Forge last year, and YES, there is a shuttle bus to take you from the airport to the hotel. I don't even remember the name of the hotel, but if you call the hotel, they can give you the name and number of the shuttle company. They suggested that I call them and make arrangments, which I did, and the shuttle bus people were expecting me when I got there. Very easy, reasonably priced. Kept me from having to rent a car.

Have fun!