PDA

View Full Version : To all I met At Valley Forge

CarolNYC
03-18-2002, 08:33 PM
I'll try and write quick and with one post-yes-it was AWESOME-unbelievable!The crowd was great-okay,here we go:
John Bastian-if its any comfort to you, i watched your match-you drew the 3 yr. in a row Junior champion-Josh-and he won it again this year-so thats four straight years-you played great-hung in there ,had good form and nice stroke-just tough first draw-hang in there kid-and very cute you are!At least you got knocked out by "the Champion!"
Eric-your the bomb-it was a pleasure to meet you and I wish I had more time to talk to you,but as you seen, things were QUITE busy!
SPetty-just like a man,ha ha ha ha!
Chris NC and "The Dragon"-very honored to meet you-again, wish there was more time-your son is an absolute sweetheart,he's gonna be a knockout-and I heard you say "I thought I was in trouble" when I came up to the stand,ha ha ha,NEVER!
Ken-I think we hung the most-thanks so much,had a great time and I'll find those numbers on my table!
Dr. D and Lorri-always a pleasure!
Watched and videoed mostly the men matches (loves watching the men" and rodney,my man, is awesome-have pictures with EVERY pro man player there-if I knew how to post them I would share them with you all!
The dates for next event is March 21-23rd-MARK your Calendars and God bless you all! Hope you all arrived home safely!
And, hey, if anyone has some kind of foot massage business-set up a booth, you'd make a mint!Ha ha ha ha!
Good night all-talk during the week!
Stay well and take care,
love,
Carol NYC

03-18-2002, 10:25 PM
hey carol!
just my luck i had to play him my first match. But life goes on and you all better bet your ass i'll be back next year. I cannot stress the fact enough of how appreciative i am of everything you did for me carol. I appreciate the comments. When i was sitting in my chair and you were trying to get my attention i thiught you were trying to reach someone behind me. I didnt know who you were and it didnt come across my mind that you were carol until i stood up and then thats when you did get my attention! My girlfriend and i tried to find you right after that but we couldnt. guess you were busy. Did everyone else from the ccb meet up? one more thing about my match....my girlfriend was sitting next to his dad and his dad said he was surprised because every other year it was a clean sweep for josh. but i beat him a couple games, and thats the first for josh in the first round. if i had'nt made a few careless mistakes i could have beat him and you know where that would have lead. well we'll keep in touch.

john bastian in PA

CarolNYC
03-19-2002, 05:41 AM
Hey John,
You did good! I definitely can relate to a tough first draw-I played an open tristate and drew Ginky first round-got killed 7-1, but it was a double elimination, so I had the chance to comeback and place in the 9/12th bracket-thats the hard thing of the VF event-SINGLE ELIMINATION,ugh-Im sure you would have went all the way and I'll see you next year-you played great and had great form-keep up the good work!
Stay well and hang in there!
Carol

Doctor_D
03-19-2002, 06:42 AM
Good morning Carol:

You, my dear lady, are the best. Thank-you for everything and especially for being a friend.

Dr. D.

03-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Carol,
You are definately alright in my book! Like you said, too bad we couldn't talk more but I'm sure we'll run into eachother again. It really is a small world and being that we run in the same circles, I'll look forward to next time.
Anyway, stay well and keep the shiny side up!

E

03-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Carol,
AS always, the pleasure was mine. Be well dear woman, give that kid of yours a smack and your husband a kiss (unless he'd rather be smacked too??!) LOL Can we party or what??????

03-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey...what about me?? Okay okay....so we have already met, but I loved seeing you again! You rock!!!!

Thanks for all the support and the laughs! I can't wait to come to NY in October (for the Amsterdam BC event)...I know we will be seeing each other!

By the way, I can't find your e-mail address, so e-mail me at herndonmc@hotmail.com and I will then reply with my address so you can send me those promised T-shirts (you aren't getting off the hook!!).

Love always,

Melissa H. from CA

CarolNYC
03-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Yo,Yo,Yo,
Of course I didnt forget you,forgive me for not mentioning you in the post-damn, I slept for two days,ha ha ha-you got it girl-brother is returning tomorrow from WTC-talked to him yesterday-hopefully:)-their still finding, you know what I mean? But you can bet your ass that shirt will be on its way girlfriend and cannot wait till you come to NY-what a pissa! We're going to CArmines BABY!
love always,
Carol~you stay well!

CarolNYC
03-20-2002, 10:43 PM
What a pissa-what do you think-the tequila shots? ha ha ha-or the dancing on the tables?cant wait for next year! See you soon!
love,
Carol

Lester
03-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Hey Carol, What's the deal? You get all cleaned up, wear a blazer ---- and you get amnesia? Seriously, I enjoyed saying Hi to you. You and Barbara looked busier than "one-armed paper hangers". ha ha ***Lester***

Barbara
03-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Busy?? Busy??? You do the math - 866 in the Open event, 160 Seniors, 128 Women, 61 18's and unders, 43 14's and under.

The last round of matches on Friday and Saturday went off at 11 pm and didn't finish up until 2 am (and then some).

Nah, I wasn't THAT busy that I couldn't say "hello" to some fellow CCB'ers...

Barbara~~~still getting caught up on the sleep thing...