PDA

View Full Version : Superhero's, the male adolesent arguement

Kato
02-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Who is the baddest super hero of all time? Of course it would be Superman but what if Spiderman was to shoot him with all those webs (let's ask Marty, he probably knows) or Aquaman got him under water and those giant seahorses started getting on him or Wonderwoman got him with her magic rope (like anyone is fighting after that happens, come on, she trapped you with the rope, you have to tell the truth).

Personally, I think Space Ghost is the baddest of 'em all, he's just got all those rays and stuff in his wrist bands. Closely followed by Captain Caveman. Honorable mention: Grape Ape.

Kato~~~ok, I'm having a few, but this arguement needs settled.

Karatemom
02-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Oh come on. It would have to be Mighty Mouse. He's as strong as superman, but can fit in those tight places, hahahahaha. Underdog would have to be my 2nd choice.

Heide ~ just goes to show we women watch cartoons, too, LOL

Barbara
02-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...

Okay KATO, and you don't mention the Green Lantern, why?

Sound slike you and Fred A need to get together and quaff a few.

Barbara~~~now has "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan in her head...

Warren_Lushia
02-28-2003, 06:29 PM
its hard to argue with your choices, but there are a few more in contention:

speed racer -- he's damn fast -- go speed racer go!!

wonder twins -- how you gonna react when one turns into an eagle and the other turns into a bucket of water?! there is no way to beat that -- wonder twin powers, activate!

jesus -- i don't care if he is palestinian, jordanian, or from jersey, anyone who can turn water into wine is tops in my book.

i'm sure there is many more.

warren..

Karatemom
02-28-2003, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Yeah yeah yeah...

Okay KATO, and you don't mention the Green Lantern, why?

Sound slike you and Fred A need to get together and quaff a few.

Barbara~~~now has "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan in her head... <hr /></blockquote>

Don't you mean the Green Hornet? Or am I thinking of something else. Kato was the baddest sidekick of them all, either way. Seen all his movies!!!

Heide

Kato
02-28-2003, 06:43 PM
The Green Lantern had a ring /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Big deal, whoopty do /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Speed Racer wasn't a super hero. Now the Wondertwins are an interesting choice /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif. The Eagle and bucket of water are classics. I am pretty sure however that unless they were fighting the Wicked Witch of the West /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif (they could melt her) any real super hero could waste them except for Plastic Man, he reminds me of Silly Putty /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The Hulk was a bad ass as well as Godzilla. The cartoon Godzilla was very tough. The baddest super hero without super powers is Batman, he has great gadgets but even Green Lantern could probably beat him with his stupid ring. Jesus is an interesting choice however. I mean his back up is God Almighty and the Holy Ghost, pretty tough to fade that action.

Kato~~~thinks perhaps Hong Kong Phoey gets a bad rap. After all, he is the #1 super guy!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Karatemom
02-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Wow, you guys are bringing back some memories now. I loved Speed Racer. My all time favorite for a long time. Do you ever notice how they look similar to some of today's cartoons, like Dragonball Z.

How bout Jabberjaws, I think. Geez, it's been so long, can't remember half their names.

Popeye was the best good guy of them all.

Heide ~ feeling older by the minute for some reason, don't know if it's because I can't remember them or because I can, LOL

Barbara
02-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. Okay Green Hornet. That's it, thanks! Kato's Kato. Just wait to you meet (in person) this hottie with sprinkles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, I'm just a little preoccupied watching New Zealand getting wiped by the Swiss in the America's Cup. And the Swiss are a contender without an ocean border. Hmmm...

I'm rooting for BIG MONEY. Which would be any Cup challenger, but the Swiss seem to have a couple million more than the next boat.

Plus, it sucks that New Zealand lost their mast just the other day. Ouch... Just a hundred and ten foot mast... Oh, so now it comes out that the NZ's have a different shroud system to reduce wind drag than any of the other contenders. Looks like the'll be revisiting that design on the chalk board.

Barbara~~~4 months 'till sailing weather.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
02-28-2003, 07:43 PM
No doubt about it, Quick Draw McGraw---hey he captured the notorious Dinky Dalton! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~~~ come on outta there dinky, i'm a takin you in -- lol

Leviathan
02-28-2003, 08:22 PM
J'onn J'onzz every time! But Mighty Mouse has the best superhero song, hands down.

--D.M.

CarolNYC
03-01-2003, 05:21 AM
SHAZAAM-GIGANTOR-UNDERDOG!:)

CarolNYC
03-01-2003, 05:25 AM
The comedienne,Andy Kaufman, had the "Mighty Mouse" tune in one of his acts where he played the music and only when the verse"Here I come,to save the day"played,he lip-synced it-thought it was the funniest thing!
Carol

Rich R.
03-01-2003, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Wonderwoman got him with her magic rope (like anyone is fighting after that happens, come on, she trapped you with the rope, you have to tell the truth). <hr /></blockquote>
I think this rope thing sounds a little personal to me. You ought to keep that to yourself. TMI. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The greatest super hero was Betty Boop. Some may not consider her a super hero, but if you think about it, she could make most of the others melt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Gayle in MD
03-01-2003, 08:58 AM
AW Rich, you just made my day, lol. I always loved Betty Boop. She's been around a long long time, too. Wonder if these new "Johnny come lately's" will enjoy her longevity?

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
03-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Gayle, the last thing I saw Betty Boop in was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". I can see why she could be distracting. Sadly for her she was in black and white and Jessica Rabbit was in full bloom color. However as she told the detective, "I still got it". Yeah Betty, you still got it.

Kato~~~notices the newer the hero's get the bigger they get.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2003, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> The comedienne,Andy Kaufman, had the "Mighty Mouse" tune in one of his acts where he played the music and only when the verse"Here I come,to save the day"played,he lip-synced it-thought it was the funniest thing!
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

I saw that. Man that guy was weird /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TomBrooklyn
03-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Superman has the greatest all around ability to perform rescues of all types and sizes.

Superman would prevail in a physical contest of almost any description. He has held up the Statue of Liberty, and changed the course of large meteors. No one else is that strong.

Superman could defeat any other Superhero in a fight, unless his opponent was able to procure some kryptonite, which is unlikely.

No other superheros powers would have a major effect on Superman. Spiderman's webs would snap like rubber bands and Superman could easily hold his breath underwater long enough to turn Aquaman's giant seahorses into fish salad. I know he's gone into outer space where there is no air and stayed out there for quite a while.

Kato
03-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Could he overpower The Hulk? He could certainly out think him but I have a feeling The Hulk was sneaky smart because he is a doctor. "Hulk Smash"

Kato~~~throw another log on the fire.

HOWARD
03-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Kato,

What about the greatest of them all - Bugs Bunny - they would start talking to bugs and be punching themselves in the nose right away.

Don't forget super chicken

Howard

TomBrooklyn
03-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Amongst leporids, I would rank Crusader Rabbit as more heroic, although perhaps not stronger, than Bugs Bunny.

Warren_Lushia
03-02-2003, 01:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Could he overpower The Hulk? He could certainly out think him but I have a feeling The Hulk was sneaky smart because he is a doctor. "Hulk Smash"

Kato~~~throw another log on the fire. <hr /></blockquote>

i think your vastly over rating the hulk's abilities. i know of at least one real life person who could destroy the hulk, and that is colonel steve austin (not stone cold), aka, the six million dollar man.

the hulk has several major problems:
-- anger management issues
-- lack of effective communication skills
-- a wardrobe consisting of only purple shorts (not very effective in extreme weather conditions)
-- no sex appeal with the ladies, leading to sexual frustration
-- no clear-cut goals or plans, other than to smash what made him mad enough to turn green
-- poor dental hygeine

the hulk aint all he is cracked up to be, although his mean face when he flexes is second only to my own when i get out of the shower and stand in front of the mirror.

warren..

Voodoo Daddy
03-02-2003, 06:58 AM
You guys are on crack!!! Clearly the greatest Super-Hero was/is/always will be the Silver /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Surfer! I dont have to justify it. A close second is BATMAN...Superman Shmoperman...

Kato
03-02-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry, I must not have my reading glasses on /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifdid you say the Silver Surfer? Steve my friend, are you wearing a Kermit helmet?

Kato~~~The Wonder Twins could kick the Silver Surfer's A$$ and thinks Plastic Man could whoop him to.

Voodoo Daddy
03-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Go ahead nah-sayer...bash the Silver Dude, I noticed you left old BATMAN outta your comments!!!

SpiderMan
03-03-2003, 12:03 AM
I'd like to tie up Wonder Woman ......

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
03-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Last night at Hall of Fame Billiards in Brooklyn I saw they had a supersize two player video game by Marvel where superheros fight each other. I never noticed it before, I think it is a new game. I didn't play it, but I suppose that would be a good way of seeing who is the dominant superhero!
-T

Fred Agnir
03-03-2003, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Who is the baddest super hero of all time? Of course it would be Superman but what if Spiderman was to shoot him with all those webs (let's ask Marty, he probably knows) or Aquaman got him under water and those giant seahorses started getting on him or Wonderwoman got him with her magic rope (like anyone is fighting after that happens, come on, she trapped you with the rope, you have to tell the truth).
<hr /></blockquote>
The two best super moves I've ever seen both came from DC Comics' Legion of Superheroes.

Oddly enough, the two moves were from two of the original three members:

Cosmic Boy, a guy from a planet where everyone had magnetic powers. Like Magneto of Marvel Comics. Usually a tame guy, Cosmic Boy goes on a vengence rampage pulling the bad guys through a brick wall. How does he accomplish this? By using his magnetic powers and pulling them by the iron in their blood. I can see him completely ripping apart the major arteries of any superhero if he can attract the iron in their blood.

The second comes from his cohort, Saturn Girl, who comes from a moon that everyone has telepathic powers. Like Professsor Xavier from Marvel Comics.

The move. Simple. With her telephatic powers, she can put people to sleep. Bam. End of fight. I only read one time where she did this. Why doesn't she do it all the time? The comics would be pretty damned boring. Xavier can do the same thing, but needs to keep the movie going.

Fred

Fred Agnir
03-03-2003, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I'd like to tie up Wonder Woman ......

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

That reminds me of a joke. Superman while flying the skies spots Wonder Woman sunbathing nude. Quickly, he flies down on top of her and proceeds to have his way with her (seemingly consentual). I'm not sure if Wonder Woman was pleased, but the Invisible Man was sure shocked! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

IMO, of course.

Fred