PDA

View Full Version : What do you like Best about your Local Poolhall ?

bigbro6060
03-01-2003, 07:56 AM
on Friday nights, these pretty damm hot girls come to play. They wear the tight hipster jeans and when they bend over to take a shot, you can see their G string . Pretty sexy sight /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
03-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Are going to make me retract my earlier good opinion of you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ignoring the above blatant sexism, I will reply,

What I like best is the pool tables /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

woody_968
03-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Absolutly nothing! My local pool hall is a joke, one decent table to play on through the week, and forget it on the weekend nights. Its full of young kids just standing around the tables. I dont have anything against kids, they will be the future pool players, just wish I had a decent place to play serious pool.
As it is now I am currently cleaning out my garage so I can put a table in, and looking for the funds to start my own pool room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
03-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Well, Bigbro, that certainly isn't a bad reason for hanging out in a pool room, but you could hang out in any club for that. How about the pool room? The place I play is fairly quiet, not crowded, very few scumbags. The equipment for the players (5 or 6 tables in front) are kept nice and the bangers are moved to the back.

Sure, I like seeing hot babes in the pool room BUT I'm there to play pool, not scope chicks.

Kato~~~~wants to make an extremely sexist comment but will not.

HalSmith
03-01-2003, 09:03 AM
I think your at the pool hall for the wrong reasons. Sounds to me like you could get your kick on a street corner and let pool players have your spot at the tables.--Smitty

HalSmith
03-01-2003, 09:07 AM
By the way I like my hall for the action and good tables and players that come there . Cliff Joiner was in the other night , Shannon Bryant hangs out there , Jeremy Jones. Dennis Strickland, Ray Allen.-- Smitty

cycopath
03-01-2003, 09:55 AM
What I like about my local poolhall.
by Cycopath

I like the fact that they have really good tables, Diamond Pro 9ft tables, Gandy 8fts and Valley coin ops. It's nice that place is big, 24 tables in all. And they'll stay open as long as there enough people in there to make it worth it, unlike some joints I've been in that run a half full house off at 2 minutes to closing time. An added plus is the place is clean. Also the door guys don't allow no sh*t, they will run you out of there if you are causing trouble. Also, there's alot of action if you are looking for some.
Now, what I hate about the same place. Young punks fill the place most nights. I'm glad they are doing a good business, but alot of times you have to wait to get a table. The jukebox is filled with Rap and Top 40. And I think Pete Townsend controls the volume knob, cause it's friggin loud! And lastly, I call it local but I have to drive 40+ miles to get to it.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Bro,

From the perspective of a dirty old man I would agree with your assessment of the situation. I do however prefer the classic "cleavage shot" whilst a young lady is striking the cue ball.

Actually I like my local poolhall because the tables are level and the cue balls are balanced, hence they tend to roll straight, as opposed to the barboxes which have tiny gremlins in the cloth and under the slate bed which cause balls to roll in no predictable direction at all.

TomBrooklyn
03-01-2003, 12:40 PM
1. That they have good tables at reasonable rates.
2. That I can meet other pool players there for a game.

bigbro6060
03-01-2003, 02:21 PM
guys, i hope you can pick that my original post was somewhat tongue in cheek /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

woody_968
03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> guys, i hope you can pick that my original post was somewhat tongue in cheek /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote>
Well from what I got out of it, your cheek is not where you wanted your tongue /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bluewolf
03-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks for telling us but I still dont think it is funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Popcorn
03-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Where I live, I can go to about 20 or more different rooms within a 20 minute drive, the closest 5 minutes. Honest to God, I would not hang in any of them. I have gotten where I hardly even go to any anymore. I am very, very, very seriously thinking of opening another room, just to have a place I would like to go to. I have looked at a few buildings that would be suitable. I want a free standing building that I can buy, so if I get tired of it, or something comes up, I can maybe sell the business, and remain as the landlord. I had a room when I was only 24 and although I liked it and it did well, I was too young and a room can be very time consuming. As an old guy, now I think another room would be just the right thing for me. My wife is all for it. We have no kids, just two cats a bird and a snake. My friends are dying off, time to do what may be my last venture.

landshark1002000
03-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Hi Popcorn:
Sounds good! Besides good lighting and equipment, what are the other "must haves" for a good room?

-- A friendly, knowledgeable house pro?

-- A pro shop for repairs and new equipment, books and
videos?

-- Great bartenders who love pool and pool players?

-- How 'bout great atmosphere? --A place with style and character?

-- Several different rooms? Maybe separate the coin-ops from the hourlies, and a separate room for private play?

-- Music... background music. Pre-recorded? Different music for different rooms... maybe to suit a variety of players.

-- Art? Why not? Photos of local folks, candid black and whites of great players too, big and small poster art, antique equipment in cases, paintings, sculptures, miniatures...?

-- seating for the sweaters?

-- a video game room?

-- tv's and juke box JUST for the bar area?

-- or a series of tables for board games... dominoes, chess, backgammon?

-- how about no alcohol? a coffeehouse for talk, magazines and books.

-- what about pool lessons for kids? hook up with parks and recreation or kids associations and teach the next generation to love the game like we do?

-- there's really no end to what can make a house great... but there's no substitue for an owner who loves the game and has a big heart.

--Ted from Phoenix

bluewolf
03-02-2003, 06:37 AM
Go for it Popcorn!!!!

Laura

wolfsburg2
03-02-2003, 06:40 AM
good equipment, and some very knowledgable "old timers"

03-02-2003, 02:42 PM
bigbro,it is and will always be,the cameradierie of the people who love to endeavour at pool.We are a small community of millions.The other things,music,fashion,food,
and beverages are nice,but imho,they are just the ocean for the swimmer.It is a great question,thanks for asking.

c /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifajunfats
the Bayou Banger

sack316
03-02-2003, 02:44 PM
pretty good tables, great people, and one of the managers always hooks me up since I basically live there and my pool and most of my drinks are free when he's working. gotta love that

Barbara
03-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Hey Popcorn!!

Need a partner??

Barbara~~~always looks at empty buildings and wonders if it would make a good pool hall... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alfie
03-03-2003, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> on Friday nights, these pretty damm hot girls come to play. They wear the tight hipster jeans and when they bend over to take a shot, you can see their G string . Pretty sexy sight /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>I like the ones with big noses and poor eyesight. (different strokes, ya know)

Alfie -- getting excited

Vagabond
03-03-2003, 04:22 AM
Howdy,
If u have so many pool rooms around u,it appears that u may be from east coast of Southern Flawda.By theway what kind of snake is your`s? cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Retardo
03-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Tongue in cheek? No pun intended?

You are bein a woos for backing down on your original post. There is nuthin wrong with enjoying that type of view. Thats what they do it for- so we can enjoy it. The visible thong is a "look" just like the dumb ass guys who show their undies.