PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Sailor of Racine Wisconsin?

rukiddingme
03-01-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm thinking of taking some lessons from him. Just wondered if any of you have.

Jon from MN
03-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Doc Stellman aka Sailor he taught Jim Rempe, Ron Dobosenski and many many others. I thought he quit teaching. I know I teach using some of his stuff. Ron D. at the green room in Madison teaches his same lessons. I think you get your moneys worth. If you see doc find out if he is still making cues, I play with one and would like another thanks Jon from mn

Popcorn
03-01-2003, 10:03 PM
1975 I ordered a cue he called his road cue. I sent him the money and I am still waiting. Bruce Venski told me the guy was nuts and forget it, I would never see the cue. I think Bruce was right.

SPetty
03-02-2003, 04:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> 1975 I ordered a cue he called his road cue. I sent him the money and I am still waiting. Bruce Venski told me the guy was nuts and forget it, I would never see the cue. I think Bruce was right. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Popcorn,

After 28 years, I'd have to go with Bruce on this one...

Jon from MN
03-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Popcorn I too ordered a cue from him in the 70,s I got it in 1996 I know many people who ordered and never got a cue. I do like his cues though and as far as teaching he was considered one of the best. Jon from mn

mark wilson
03-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Sailor has gone from being a legend to one of my better instructors. I used to commute two hours each way for his insights into the game. His playing skills are top flight and his cues, although difficult to obtain are special, no two the same and custom fitting before golfers ever heard of such a thing in their sport. Sailor can be eccentric and artists and perfectionists go that way. He produces cues not so much for money but rather he likes to feel inspired by who he is creating for and that his cue will complete and enhance their skills. The lessons were somewhat loose in the subject matter and he used to insist that a candidate be able to run 50 balls in straight pool, about which I lied. Motivation was Sailors stength and the first two times I ran 100 balls were on days directly following lessons with Sailor. I could not think of a better endorsement.

Popcorn
03-02-2003, 11:30 PM
I looked your Bio. but can't be sure. Are you Mark Wilson the well known player?

mark wilson
03-03-2003, 05:49 AM
Popcorn, I have lost to anyone you have ever heard of, over the years of competition.