PDA

View Full Version : Short cues for short people

bluewolf
03-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Ray's daughter appears to have some natural pool talent. With no formal instruction, she has a nice natural stroke and pockets balls, even long shots. Our cues are too long for her so we want to get her a short one. She is 4 11 but is only 10 so will grow some more.

Any body knows of some shorter cues like 54"?

Laura

Jon from MN
03-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Pick up a copy of bd they have a whole line of short cues. hope this helps. Jon from mn

03-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Stealth Cues makes a line for kids, I am not sure of the quality but you can find them here: http://www.stealthcues.net/kids_cues.htm

Hope this helps!

Karatemom
03-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Stealth does make 54" cues. Christ has one that he has been using for quite a while now. The price was reasonable, but beware. His cue has dings, scrapes, marrs, everything in it. The finish isn't so good. That's the only problem he's had with it. It's not what it looks like that matters anyway. Plus, he's not the most responsible child on the face of the earth, LOL. I would highly recommend getting a Stealth for a child. Because they're reasonably priced, you're not forking out a wad of money for a cue that will be uesless in a couple of years.

JMHO

Heide

Irish
03-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I am about 5'6 and find that a longer cue then normal helps huge even though I am short. Tall people can actually bend over the table and reach alot more shots then us short people even with a short cue. On the other hand I use an open bridge with a long stroke and can reach most shots on a bar box doing this due to my 59.5 inch cue. About 1.5 diamonds past the center pocket on a 9-foot table is my reach before I have to break out the rest. With a 58 inch cue I lose almost half a diamond of area where I can stroke the ball without the rest. If I were you I would just keep her shooting with a 58 inch cue and let her grow into it. The longer cue will likely promote a longer stroke as she grows into it and in the end that is a great thing as many of the greatest pro's have longer strokes then the average player. 4'11 is not exactly short, I would not think she needs a special cue and actually think it would hurt in the long run.

TomBrooklyn
03-31-2003, 06:38 PM
How about getting a cheap cue and cutting a piece of the butt off?

Jimmy Reid (http://www.freepoollessons.com/index2.html) explains how to select a cue length based on a persons height and stature in his NO TIME FOR NEGATIVE video. However, the 60" cue you recently bought is three to four inches longer than he recommends for someone of your height, how do you like using that one? If you apply the same principal to the young girl, she can use a 57"-58" cue.

bluewolf
03-31-2003, 07:06 PM
I like it very well. The first cue I had was '59. I use a long bridge unless the shot requires a shorter bridge.

Laura

rackboyut
04-01-2003, 11:56 AM
I have also had pretty good experience with Stealth child cues. They come in 4 colors i believe, are relatively cheap, and do a decent job. They are great beginning cues, and it makes kids feel special that they have their own cue. As for quality, they are made decent, not great, but they work well for children.