PDA

View Full Version : Kato vs Rackmup

Karatemom
03-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Just got the latest word

Kato 7 - Rackmup 6 in 9 ball
Kato 7 - Rackmup 1 in 8 ball

And in a match not yet completed,
Kato 2 - Rackmup 0 in One Pocket (race to 3)

Rackmup says he's coming back!!!

Will have the final scores for you in a bit.

Heide

Karatemom
03-02-2003, 10:17 PM
The final on the one pocket match was 3-2 Kato. Poor Rackmup.

eg8r
03-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Oh no....Ken come on, beg for another chance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif That is the most I have heard about Ken playing pool in 2 months.

eg8r

Karatemom
03-02-2003, 10:34 PM
R.J. sounded like he was having a wonderful time. Ken on the other hand, kept chanting "I'm coming back, I'm coming back!!" hahahaha

Heide

Rich R.
03-03-2003, 05:57 AM
Sounds like there was no hospitality at all for the out of town guest.
Way to go Kato! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
03-03-2003, 06:12 AM
KATO!!! Shame on you for saying you are not that good at pool!! i will never believe anything you say again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Kato
03-04-2003, 07:54 AM
9-ball

Kato 7
Rackmup 6

We were having fun getting to know one another with Ken sharking me at will (actually he was talking but I had trouble concentrating) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8-ball

Kato 7
Rackmup 1

Ken struggled in this matchup. My best game, and I slugged him. We were drinking heavily here, having quite a bit of fun. I think I snuck up on him in this set.

One Pocket

Rackmup 3
Kato 2

I did take a 2-0 lead but Ken has a vastly more experience then I do at this game. He took early leads in the last 3 games and I didn't know how to play without the lead /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ken got out every time he had to and outmoved me with realitive ease. He complained about me making good kick safeties but he just played better (Told me he had just beaten OPC recently so he sort of cheated)

14.1, race to 50

Rackmup 50
Kato 47

I went blind in this set and played on sense of smell. Ken was still steady, over taking me in the middle of the set and winning. I'm pretty sure the high run was Ken's 10 /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

With the match scores 2-2 we decided on a final race to 3 in 9-ball.

Rackmup 3
Kato 1

Rackmup had all the answers, I had none. He out moved, out played, and out classed me in this short set. I think we both had enough by this time. Ken had a 7 a.m. meeting and I had a 2 hour drive home.

It was a terrific time. Ken was everything I thought he'd be and we really had a good time. I brought my digital camera but forgot to get our picture together plus I didn't get a picture of Ken's cue (which was interesting but I liked it after a while).

So Ken invaded the state and took the championship of Fort Myers but I got to hang out with another friend and CCB'er.

Kato~~~lost but really won

rackmup
03-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Man...a guy leaves town for a few days and everyone starts talking about him behind his back!

Kato and I did have a great time and I did feel badly for him as the winner in this battle was the guy from the Lone Star State. I'm certain there will be a rematch someday.

After Kato dropped me off at my hotel and I went up to my room, I too remembered I had brought along a camera and forget to get a picture! I'm certain the 8 pitchers of beer might have had something to do with it.

I also felt sorry for RJ having to drive 2 hours back to Tamarac especially after I noticed the sofa in my hotel room converted to a sleeper-sofa. He could have spent the night and driven home refreshed the next day.

People...this boy can play some 8-ball! 9-ball too. He expected to skunk me in straight pool as I had never played the game before (and probably won't again!) He is accurate in his description of the 1-pocket set. I had the distinct advantage due to the many beatings...er...lessons I have received at the hands of OPC.

That last State-Championship-Deciding-Set of 9-ball was tough on RJ as he needs to get to his local Eye-Guy for a little exam (might be a little nearsighted but we both got that way after downing all of the suds!)

I had fun my friend. I'll look forward to it again.

Regards,

Ken