PDA

View Full Version : US OPEN or VALLEY FORGE?

Cuemage
03-18-2002, 09:48 PM
If you had a week of vacation and wanted to watch an event, would it be the US Open in VA or the Rally in the Valley in PA?

The Cuemage

Doctor_D
03-19-2002, 06:53 AM
Good morning:

Valley Forge gets my vote.

Dr. D.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-19-2002, 01:36 PM
Valley Forge is a nice "little" 3 day event, that draws some of the top players in the world..

BUT, if you want WORLD Class Cometition and a FULL Week of ACTION, The US Open is the place to be. All done on 9 foot Diamonds Pro Cut pockets, Double Elimination, races to 9.

I would rank the US Open, Derby City Classic, BCA Open Championship, much higer than VF, or if you are interested, the Billiards Digest Power Index lists 10 events (including the US Open) that I would much rather spend time seeing than Valley Forge.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Valley Forge is a nice "little" 3 day event, that draws some of the top players in the world..

BUT, if you want WORLD Class Cometition and a FULL Week of ACTION, The US Open is the place to be. All done on 9 foot Diamonds Pro Cut pockets, Double Elimination, races to 9.

I would rank the US Open, Derby City Classic, BCA Open Championship, much higer than VF, or if you are interested, the Billiards Digest Power Index lists 10 events (including the US Open) that I would much rather spend time seeing than Valley Forge. <hr></blockquote>

If you are looking for pure championship caliber pool playing I would agree with you, though I've never been to the open.

The great thing about VF is that you also get to salivate over all the cool merchandise. So many cues-so little money.

Both great events, just different.

03-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Cuemage, Valley Forge has the women pros and the numerous vendors (both cuemakers and cue dealers new and used) if you're looking for a cue. It also has a huge amateur division tourney if you wish to play yourself. If any of those factors are important to you, then it would likely be your best choice.

However, the field in the mens pro tourney at VF and the format (8-ball 2/3 races to 5) is a joke compared to format, the depth and the quality of the field you'll see at Chesapeake at the Men's U.S. Open. If you want to see pool played at it's very best for IMO the most coveted title on the planet, then Chesapeake is your best bet. Why not go to both? - Chris in NC

Brady_Behrman
03-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Just to remind everyone. We have 30+ vendors at the U.S.Open selling cues, cases, and ANYTHING you could possibly want, Billiard related.

Thanks,
Brady

Also...
U.S.Open(sept. 23-29,2002) seating and entry fees will be available to pay starting April 1st,2002. We will have the Press release available. I will post it on the ccb!

Spring-open April 26-28,2002-100.00 entry / 2600 added

cueball1950
03-19-2002, 09:12 PM
THIS IS A NO BRAINER,,,, tHERE ARE ALOT MORE PLAYERS AT THE OPEN,, FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD... JAPAN,,HONG KONG,,TAIWAN.. PLUS ITALY..RUSSIA,,ENGLAND.. NO COMPARISON,,THATS FOR POOL.. BUT TO VISIT BOOTHS IT MUST BE vf..JUST MY OPINION,,,BEEN GOING TO THE OPEN FOR 15 YEARS AND WOULD NEVER MISS IT,,QUALITY OF POOL IS JUST TO GREAT..........MIKE

Kato
03-20-2002, 12:35 PM
My choice between the 2 would be the U.S. Open. My overall choice, no sweat, Derby City.

Kato

03-20-2002, 02:14 PM
DERBY!!!DERBY!!!DERBY!!!!

Harold Acosta
03-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Both Tournaments are excellent. I have attended both in one year. The Expo is in March, the Open in September. It gives you enough time to plan and regroup financial-wise.

Valley Forge offers a lot of entertainment for everyone, you can find great deals, meet lots of people, have tremendous fun, and compare almost all the cues available in the market. It is only for 3 days, but it is great.

The US Open offers the best of Players worldwide. The action turns to Q-Master Billiards after matches end. It also offers a better opportunity to sit with players and meet with some of the cuemakers at a much personal basis.

My vote is for both, particularly since I have to travel from Puerto Rico.

cheesemouse
03-20-2002, 10:32 PM
No brainer. US OPEN.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Cue Vendors are plentiful at the US Open and many other major tournaments. Valley Forge just emphasises cue vendors more than the majors.