PDA

View Full Version : Jump Cues

Ludba
03-02-2003, 10:01 PM
A few questions here:

What's the minimum length of a jump cue per BCA and/or APA rules?

Has anyone bought or used the Frog or Tadpole jump cues? Are they any good? Do they double as break cues or is it a bad idea to use them for breaking? Are there better jump cues?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, since I'm debating whether I should get a jump cue in the next several months.

L.S. Dennis
03-02-2003, 10:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken the standard legal length is now 40 inces. I think they decided on that length because too many people were beginning to use the 'thumper jumpers' and things were just getting too ridiculous.

WaltVA
03-02-2003, 10:42 PM
BCA requirements are Max. tip diameter - 14mm; minimum length 40"

Jump cues are not legal in APA competition; jump shots must be made with the full playing cue.

Walt in VA

wolfsburg2
03-03-2003, 07:56 AM
if i am not mistaken, by apa rules, whatever you shoot you first shot(after the break) with is what you must finish the rack with. so if you break, and shoot again with your break cue, you must use that cue for that rack.

WaltVA
03-03-2003, 08:09 AM
That's correct, under APA rules you can only change cues after the break or after the game, not during it, (unless your cue is damaged.) However, if you're using a jump/break to break with, and continue the rack with it, you can't break it down to attempt a jump shot - jumps must be made with a full cue.

Walt in VA

The Rhino Chaser
03-03-2003, 01:33 PM
If you are looking to get a jump cue. Try the new stealth jump cue. Scott Lee let me use his this weekend and the thing is jam up. I use a Lucasi jump cue and the stealth just kills mine.

Cueless Joey
03-03-2003, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote The Rhino Chaser:</font><hr> If you are looking to get a jump cue. Try the new stealth jump cue. Scott Lee let me use his this weekend and the thing is jam up. I use a Lucasi jump cue and the stealth just kills mine. <hr /></blockquote>
Stealth is the best jumper imo too.

03-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Dear Rhino, I agree, the stealth is a fine jump cue, and priced right, no I dont work for them. 10 years ago, all of the jump cues were wrong, so I just designed &amp; built my own. When Stealth was in their design phase, I was in their Chicago HQ &amp; I shared what I knew, and they found a good guy who built them a cue that worked and actually matched every weight I found that worked. Check it out at the Hopkins, sorry I wont be working their booth this year, I am selling tables instead.
Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guninger