PDA

View Full Version : Hey Larry, Let's get together at VF

bluewolf
03-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Hey Larry, I keep hearing about you giving lessons on your follow and draw at VF. Whatz up and when are these lessons going to happen? Do ccbers get a group rate? Are we getting a group lesson? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe I will win the table and then I can give my old one to TomB /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And what part of 95 are you coming down a week later? If you are coming near us, we would love to see you /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Are you available to go out to eat with a bunch of us fri or sat night? This is my first event where I get to meet more than one ccber at a time . Lets whoop it up.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Laura

03-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Dear Bluewolf. I have appeared at the Hopkins 2 times before this. Neither time did I charge any one for lessons, everything I did was for free. I feel very fortunate for Allen & Dawn Hopkins to allow me to entertain in their great venue, and I feel I should be a part of the ticket price you pay to get in.

My last appearance was at the Stealth booth, and I taught my force follow & draw techniques a couple of years ago and It helped a lot of players. None of the experts showed up, so they did not hear what I was doing, or poo pawaed it.

I'll post on a board when the clincs will be, first day will be the force follow, a must thing to have if you ever want to play well on a bar box. 2nd day, is an open forum, I will take & answer 20 questions, on any subject. 3rd day, I will demo my draw concept, and explain in total detail, why & how the draw has been taught wrong for the last 62 years. Dont miss that one, and dont miss Igor dragging me out of da joint to burn me at the stake for blasphemy, that joke is getting old isn't it.

From the Hopkins I am booked in Boston for 4 days, then down to NYC for a couple of days. From there, I plan a slow trip back down l-95 back to Atlanta with Wonder Dog. I may, if I am lucky, get a couple of pool hall gigs & perhaps a lesson or two on the way home. I'll go see anyone as long as the diversion is not that far off of my path home.

You want to get a group up & go eat Fri or Sat night, sounds like fun, you pick the day & email it to me, and you are on. As you could probably figure out, I am a meat eater, but I also love Italian, Japanese or Chinese. You choose the place.

See you soon, and yes I will give away the table I will show on, It retails for $2300, but you can find tables that look just like it for $6000. It has lst class leather pockets,It's really a nice table, and you can come up & play on it, but you have to try & beat either me or Wonder Dog. Me, you have a chance, Wonder Dog, lost 2 matches in 3 days the last time he was there, one match fair & square, he got ran out on, the 2nd one I asked him to take a dive, he kept running out, he was running off all the marks. You had to give them some hope. The table will have a new Simonois 760, which is what I play on.

It's a simple contest, the table does not go to my brother in law, it is not rigged like some of these deals are. You come into the booth, fill out a piece of paper with your name & address & toss it in a box. We draw on the last day that afternoon, we will post the time. You must be present, if your name is called, you have 30 seconds to claim your prize, or we pull another name. Your drivers license must match the form you filled out, you must be who you say you were.

Only one form per person, you enter at no charge & no fee, no you cant buy l0 tickets like at a cue raffle. If 1000 people put their name in the box, when the box is opened, all 1000 names will be there. We will dump all the names on the table, mix them up, and have a kid come up & draw. After the drawing, the slips will be left out on the table for you to inspect them, to see all of them are there, and one name did not get loaded up.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifThis drawing is going to be legit, trust me on this, because I have seen to many of them that were a little on the shady side for me. There are no catches to this, we will tear the table down & load it in your SUV, or we will ship it to you Freight COD which may only be $150. You have to put the table up, but it's possible we might even make you a deal on that, it depends on where you live. Oklahoma, no, but if you are on the l-95 corridor, you may be in luck. Free pool lessons, a free pool table, is the Hopkins a great deal or what? Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guninger www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) Shoot straight, innovate, no fear & never give up. VENI, VIDI, VICI.....

jjinfla
03-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Larry, What pool hall do you play at in Atlanta? I heard there was one there with 54 tables. Jake

Fred Agnir
03-05-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> From the Hopkins I am booked in Boston for 4 days, <hr /></blockquote>Where and when?

Fred

Scott Lee
03-08-2003, 01:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I heard there was one there with 54 tables. Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake...That new room is called The Zone, and they do have 50 Diamond tables. All of them are the Pro series tables...most are 9', but they have some 7' too! Very nice layout, and lots of room around the tables. I have met the owners, and it's a nice room! It is a restaurant as well as a sports bar too! If you get to Atlanta, it is on the outskirts, just off of I-85, a block north on Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Scott

heater451
03-08-2003, 10:42 AM
FYI,

If you have to ask anyone, it was the old, "R.J. Goodtimes" place.

Also, there is supposed to be weeklies there on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I don't remember which is 8-ball and which is 9.

I talked to a guy who said that he was running the tourneys, and he said they were shot on the 7' Diamonds. He also said that guys were coming from all around, because the tourney(s?) were supposed to be $200-added, and the competition was pretty tough.

=================

qSHAFT
03-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Who knows if Larry is going to be well enough on the day to get to Eric and Larry's VF meeting (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php? Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=64830&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp; sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

He's got a way with people doesn't he?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Dear Fred, I wont be in Boston proper, but close in that area. Why do you want to know, do you want to book a lesson with me? If so, go to www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) &amp; get my email &amp; advise. Fast Larry

03-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Dear Scott Lee, once more you got it wrong dude, it is not the zone, the name of the place is the Starzone, it does not have 50 tables, it has 5l tables,
It is not out in the out skirts, where it is at, we have twice the population of the city of Atlanta, and more people than live in Montana, even if you count all of the deer &amp; mooses, skunks &amp; bobcats up there, I have 2 million people who live around me &amp; this is not the boonies. The city of Atlanta is now the outskirts, it has only 500,000 people.

To: Mr. Q shaft, will I be well enough, I don't know, all I know is I have been totally crippled &amp; disabled for the last 2 yrs, for the last l l/2 yrs, I have not played or toured. I am now healing &amp; trying to make a come back, this will be my first real test to see if I can hold up being on my feet all day long for 3 days. All I can do is give it a shot.

Dear JJinfla addict, where do I play in Atlanta, nobody has seen me play in Atlanta in the last 2 yrs for the above reasons. I am around &amp; about now, 2 weeks ago during the BCA city championship at Starzone, I taught in the back of the room for 8 straight hours. I dont go out to play anywhere. I dont play pool any more, all I do is teach pool. When a student wants a lesson, I have him pick the place, a pool room or his home table, then I go to him. When they become a serious student, I let them work on the more difficult shots like the jump &amp; Masse on my home studio table, as room owners dont like this being practiced on their equipment most of the time. I play a different sport now, it is called Artistic pool, and most of my time is spent doing that, or practicing shots I perform in my shows. I prefer to do that in the privacy of my studio on my gold crowns. I play pool now with my students when I try &amp; teach them strategy. I play with walk ups at shows where I perform,it's always for fun,&amp; usually I play one handed so they can have a good chance to win.

For decades I have always spent 3 times more of my time working in the dirt of my gardens, than I have spent playing pool. Fast Larry

Fred Agnir
03-11-2003, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> Dear Fred, I wont be in Boston proper, but close in that area. Why do you want to know, do you want to book a lesson with me? If so, go to www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) &amp; get my email &amp; advise. Fast Larry <hr /></blockquote>
I'll see you at Valley Forge. I was wondering if you were doing a show, or you were giving individual lessons in the Boston area. If you were doing a show, I might come watch.

I am certainly open to learning anything from everyone.

Fred &lt;~~~ near Boston

03-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Dear Fred, I am sorry, I was just getting too defensive, I began to feel like a cornered dog, not knowing who was after me &amp; who was not.

Right after the Hopkins, I'll be working a corporate convention in Fithbury, Mass, Mar 23-24-25, and doing some short light shows during the day. Wonder Dog does not work this event, no animals in this show. After the convention, I am now open for a couple of days in Mass.

From there I go to NYC &amp; Brooklyn, &amp; down to DC, and from there south on I-95 to Atlanta.

As soon as I rest up, Wonder &amp; I drive to Los Angels to film a TV show &amp; up to San Jose. Anyone living in the southern half of the country is in the path of this next road trip. If you are sincere about getting together, even if it's just for a beer to swap some S*** around, send me a private email &amp; we can set something up. What ever we do, there is one little problem, I'll then have Wonder Dog out of the kennel &amp; he will be with me then, and this bad boy is 135 lbs, and trying to get him into a pool hall that does not know what he does, can be real tricky. Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guninger www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com)

Fred Agnir
03-12-2003, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> Right after the Hopkins, I'll be working a corporate convention in Fithbury, Mass, Mar 23-24-25, and doing some short light shows during the day. <hr /></blockquote>I assume you mean Fitchburg? Royal Plaza Trade Center (Best Western)?

The nearest pool halls to Fitchburg are Leominster Billiards in Leominster, Breakaway Billiards in Clinton (town where I work), and Shooters Billiards in Gardner (next town to where I live). Will you be hitting any of those?

Also, there's a guy named CJ who lives in Leominster that supposedly has a collection of classic cues. Know anything about him?

Fred

TomBrooklyn
03-13-2003, 05:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>I will give away the table I will show on... You come into the booth, fill out a piece of paper with your name &amp; address &amp; toss it in a box. Only one form per person... when the box is opened, ...We will dump all the names on the table. After the drawing, the slips will be left out on the table for you to inspect them, to see all of them are there, and one name did not get loaded up. <hr /></blockquote>Larry,
After the drawing, if inspection finds that the winner submitted one form, will you disqualify them and redraw? How much time will be allowed to check through the forms?
Tom