PDA

View Full Version : What'ya gonna buy?

Fred Agnir
03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Every year, I blow little on every odd gimcrack I can get my fingers on at Valley Forge. Much gets shelved in the untouched pool thingy drawer, but a few gems actually get use.

Last year, the two-cue Holdup Cue Holder:
http://www.azbilliards.com/richcard/gizmos3.html

The cue shaper at the Falcon Booth:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ohagnir/_images/TipTool.JPG

and the Mini Buffer:
http://www.mini-buffer.com/

This year, I'm probably going to buy a high-dollar cue. Or maybe a Sardo Rack /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Maybe some Triangle tips and phenolic tips, a tip tapper that'll never see daylight, a 9-ball towell, a Stealth Jump cue, a traveller/collector case, some pool shirts, a cue repair lathe, 48" Action Cues, the Break Rak II, a Diamond Smart Table and... a print of pool playing dogs.

Anyone looking to get anything particular? Anyone know of the coolest thing that I should be blowing my money on? Anyone want to buy me a beer? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Fred

Barbara
03-05-2003, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone looking to get anything particular? Anyone know of the coolest thing that I should be blowing my money on? Anyone want to buy me a beer? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I'm looking to make it back home somewhat alive.

And feel free to buy me a beer, Fred.

Barbara~~~two weeks! two weeks!

Kato
03-05-2003, 02:17 PM
I'll buy you a beer Fred but it's going to have to be in Virginia, not Valley Forge.

Kato~~~Omen or VF? Definitely Omen

bluewolf
03-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Ii want to get the willard tool, a tshirt and a kool pool jacket if i see one. We will look at pool cases also.

I would also love to get the pool dogs print

Eric.
03-05-2003, 03:00 PM
I always seem to pick up a thing or two. I guess impulse buying does work! For me, VF is like going to the supermarket to restock the shelves. I usually come home with cleaners, supplies, tips, etc and it covers me til next year.

As far as the beer, if cross paths, you're on.

Eric &gt;"How many miles were on the car this morning?"

Deeman
03-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Fred,

I already offered to buy you and Scott a beer at VF so I'll find you two and we can guzzle a couple. I know Pete Calabrese will have a new ball cleaner at booth L-7 in the lower level so you might check that out. I didn't get a booth so I'll be selling my pool novel "Balabuska's Nickel" a page at a time to save on printing capital. I am thinking about charging 9 cents a page and will stand there to make sure they finish one page before I sell them the next! Hey, it has pool, murder, sex, money, pool, sex, mystery, pool and sex. It has less grammer errors than Grady and I don't pretent the gratituous sex actually involved me!

I am looking for a cheap stick for my wife that she will think is expensive. Something in black, 21 ozs. and that she can throw in the washer with the dirty socks. Please do me a favor, if you see me with a thin little blond and she is carrying a black stick, please say, "Wow, you got a (substitute cue name you see in her hand)_________. Those cost umpteen dollars back where I come from in (substitute name of town where you live but far enough away from York, PA. so she won't be able to check)________."

Do this and I'll throw in another beer and a poster of Dogs Playing Pool. Oh! If you don't know me by sight, I'll be the guy who is smiling from ear-to-ear as Larry will just have shown me how to draw a cue ball 22 table lengths.

An idea. Why don't we all find a place where the CCB'ers can meet on Friday or Saturday just to introduce ourselves. Or, if you wish, we can all just follow Fast Larry around in an adoring group.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Dee

cycopath
03-05-2003, 05:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Every year, I blow little on every odd gimcrack I can get my fingers on at Valley Forge. Much gets shelved in the untouched pool thingy drawer, but a few gems actually get use.

Last year...

and the Mini Buffer:
http://www.mini-buffer.com/
<hr /></blockquote>How do you like that Mini-Buffer? Does it work well?

Fred Agnir
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> How do you like that Mini-Buffer? Does it work well? <hr /></blockquote> In a word: It's the bomb. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It's perfect for a one-set household.

Fred

Rod
03-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I'd buy you a beer Fred except i'm not going. lol Your buying a cue? What happened to the custom one that guy was building? I got it, you just need to fill up all of your cases. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

L.S. Dennis
03-05-2003, 06:25 PM
When is one of these events going to take place in San Francisco?

JohnnyP
03-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Know of anyone that's sprung for the Stroketrainer?
http://www.stroketrainer.com/

UWPoolGod
03-05-2003, 06:49 PM
I am just so jealous that you all get a chance to go to those super billiards expos in the northeast or Vegas. Being here in Seattle, we never get any expos within a reasonable driving distance...unless you count the 12 hours to Reno. I guess airfares are cheap these days, but then again you have to leave your cue case to the baggage handlers whim. Oh well, that's what internet shopping is for.

Todd Speakman
U. of Washington

9 Ball Girl
03-05-2003, 09:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>I guess airfares are cheap these days, but then again you have to leave your cue case to the baggage handlers whim. Oh well, that's what internet shopping is for.

Todd Speakman
U. of Washington <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Todd! I hear that the Joe Porpor Traveling case for your cuecase is pretty good. I'm getting one so this time when I fly out to Virginia I'll bring my cues too!

9 Ball Girl
03-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Damnit Fred! You've got me drooling!

Wendy~~will be spending a lot of $$$ in VF! Might just have to spring for a shaft too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

L.S. Dennis
03-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Fred,
I like that two cue holder, how does it stick to the top of the table or where ever you put it? I'd like to have one unfortunately San Francisco is a little far from Valley Forge Pennsulvania!

9 Ball Girl
03-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I think it has some weight to it? Like a paper weight would, I think. Also, it goes right up against the edge of the table/counter/shelf--whatever it us you're putting it on top of. I like it 'cause it's small enough for you to carry in your case. My friend had one that was huge and he carried it in a plastic bag!

Wally_in_Cincy
03-06-2003, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I think it has some weight to it?....<hr /></blockquote>

big hunk o' lead.

L.S. Dennis
03-06-2003, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Every year, I blow little on every odd gimcrack I can get my fingers on at Valley Forge. Much gets shelved in the untouched pool thingy drawer, but a few gems actually get use.

Last year, the two-cue Holdup Cue Holder:
http://www.azbilliards.com/richcard/gizmos3.html

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Does anyone know where I can pick up one of these cue holders? I called the 1-888 number given in the web link only to find that the number was changed or inoperative! I live in the San Francisco Area so obviously a trip to Valley Forge for one of these things is not an option. I would love to have one though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bluewolf
03-06-2003, 11:09 AM
I am definately doing to check out this cue holder.

Barbara
03-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Fred,

I want to get that two cue cueholder. I have one that is a clamp and it really doesn't work out sometimes.

Who's the maker and what booth is that going to be at, do you know?

Barbara~~~Fred's gonna buy me a beer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-06-2003, 11:22 AM
I will be looking for an inexpensive cue case to store some extra cues.
My wife will be looking for some pool related jewelry to add to her collection.

Other than that, I will be browsing. That may be the most dangerous thing to do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SteveFromNY
03-06-2003, 11:46 AM
this will be my first trip there, but I'm trying to get a good deal on a predator 3k7 i think its called. I also need a 2 butt 4 shaft case and a spare 1/1 case for the cue I'm buying my gf. Hope to see you guys there. Are there CCB t-shirts or something, or a gathering?