PDA

View Full Version : Cue Holder Reviews Sought

TomBrooklyn
03-06-2003, 05:42 AM
I'd like to buy a cue holder that supports two cues, the thingy that fits onto the edge of a table or shelf.

Does anyone have one they particulary like or dislike? Comments and reviews welcomed.

Deeman
03-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Tom,

Go down to Fred's post on the Valley Forge deal. He has a link on one that looks very nice.

Dee

bluewolf
03-06-2003, 07:03 AM
yeah, I would like to see a review on that one, like does it stay on the table and not fall into the floor with your cues and everything /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ward
03-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Tom

I have one. They work fine, I never have had a problem with mine.

Later
Ward

Rich R.
03-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Tom, some people on my team have one called "The Gripper". Although they all purchased them locally, I have seen them on Hawley's website.
It holds 3 cues and just sits on the edge of a table of shelf. Although it is not secured in any way, it does not move. It is made of a non-slip material and it has a little weight to it. It works very well.
The only problem with it, is that it is a little large and most likely will not fit in your cue case.

I could have used one last night, when some one knocked over my cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I suggest you stay away from the holders that have a screw clamp to hold them on a table/shelf. At times, the handiest table/shelf is just too thick for the clamp. JMHO.

I remember last year a VF, Dr. D got a very interesting cue holder. It was made from metal and it folded fairly small and could fit in a cue case. Either she will jump in here or maybe you could PM her to see how that one worked out for her.

TonyMN
03-06-2003, 08:59 AM
I have a 4 cue Joe Porper holder (I bought it at cuesight.com, and they also have a 2 and 6 cue version - look under cue accessories link).

Good: Will clamp to a vertical or horizontal surface, and will work with a thick surface. The cue holder part twists for flat storage. Very solid contruction.

Not so good: Will not work if the surface is too thin (about half an inch) - the clamp only screws so far. It is large, even folded down, so I had to drill a hole to attach a small chain so I can link it to the outside of my case. It is just too big for the large pocket on my Porper 2x2.

Tony.

=k=
03-06-2003, 01:34 PM
A couple things to consider. i like the foam padded cue holders. i don't like the plastic ones that you push your cue in. i have a custom made one of stainless steel that is super comes in two pieces.. adjustable clamp that will clamp on 1/2 inch to two inches. Rod may know the name of person that makes them, the pool hall at priest and elliot.

Brian in VA
03-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Tom,
One of the guys on my team, posts here as JMD, got me one that is made of black rubber. Shaped like a brass knuckle with a non-slip bottom. It hangs over the edge of a table or rail and has room for two cues. You can also lean one each on the sides. Sells for about $12 to $15 and fits in the case pocket. I love it and it's cheap insurance against the clumsy player. (Me for instance.) Haven't seen a cue slip since.

Brian in VA

Anonamus
03-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Brian in VA, the cue holder you are talking about is called the "Cue Caddy" and is made by Bauer. They sell for $23 on their web site. They are the cue holder of choice were I play.

eg8r
03-06-2003, 05:07 PM
What is the website address?

eg8r

eg8r
03-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Hello Rich,

I have the Gripper. It is way to large and does not fit well in my Instroke case. I can get it in the top but shape of the pocket is deformed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

Rich R.
03-06-2003, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hello Rich,

I have the Gripper. It is way to large and does not fit well in my Instroke case. I can get it in the top but shape of the pocket is deformed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
That is the only problem I have seen with that holder and is the main reason I have not purchased one for myself.
However, I like the rest of the design. It appears to be very gentle on the cues, unlike some others. I'm a little leery of the metal holders.

Flyin-Q
03-06-2003, 06:30 PM
I have one from Tiger Products. Very nice quality and well built. It don't clamp on, its just weighted so it won't move very easily. Holds three cues. I think they also make one that will hold five. Kinda pricey though around $30. I realy like mine. Fold it up and fits just about anywhere. They are the same company that makes the sniper laminated tips. pool-billiards.com

Flyin-Q

cycopath
03-06-2003, 09:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> What is the website address?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>http://www.gripperbilliards.com/index.cfm

L.S. Dennis
03-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Tom,
I just bought one today that seems to work pretty well. It's about 3x3 inches and weights about 8oz. It fits into the cue case easily and has no clamp. It's called 'The Q Claw

rackmup
03-08-2003, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can get it in the top but shape of the pocket is deformed <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifWah /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifWah /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifWah.

It's no more deformed than your stroke! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

Ken

OnePocketChamp
03-08-2003, 08:51 PM
My cue holder of choice is a 5'4" blond wearing tight blue jeans, low cut midriff style cotton shirt and of course the required no bra look to complete the cue holder ensemble. This model works very well for me, as she never drops my cue and will even go for drinks at the bar. Hope this review helps.

Rich R.
03-09-2003, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> My cue holder of choice is a 5'4" blond wearing tight blue jeans, low cut midriff style cotton shirt and of course the required no bra look to complete the cue holder ensemble. This model works very well for me, as she never drops my cue and will even go for drinks at the bar. Hope this review helps. <hr /></blockquote>
That certainly sounds like the ideal cue holder to me, but I have a very strong feeling that the price may be a little high. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

cycopath
03-09-2003, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> My cue holder of choice is a 5'4" blond wearing tight blue jeans, low cut midriff style cotton shirt and of course the required no bra look to complete the cue holder ensemble. This model works very well for me, as she never drops my cue and will even go for drinks at the bar. Hope this review helps. <hr /></blockquote>
That certainly sounds like the ideal cue holder to me, but I have a very strong feeling that the price may be a little high. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>I think I'd have a tough time explaining to my wife, "Honey, she just holds my cue for me... that's all... really."

rackmup
03-09-2003, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OPC:</font><hr> My cue holder of choice is a 5'4" blond wearing tight blue jeans, low cut midriff style cotton shirt and of course the required no bra look to complete the cue holder ensemble. <hr /></blockquote>

Excuse me??? I don't believe I've ever seen anyone fitting that description holding your cue. Or for that matter, anyone like that ever talking to you for longer than the few seconds it might take for her to realize that she should stay FAR away from you.

The cue holder I have seen you with is a little chunk of rubber that rests on the edge of a table where your cue spends most of it's time, second only to the stool that your ever-widening butt spends the majority of it's time in.

Folks...don't let OPC fool you....for him, playing pool is a "Spectator Sport".

Regards,

Ken (forgot how much fun the CCB can be!)

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2003, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote =k=:</font><hr> i like the foam padded cue holders. i don't like the plastic ones that you push your cue in. <hr /></blockquote>Good point, k. If you have to "snap" the cue stick into place into something hard, it would seem possible to indent the wood there. I'll bet rubber would be more durable than foam.